GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I do like the illustration though.

Yeah, the art is usually pretty good. It's just that the guys at Devil's Due don't really have a passion for the characters. It's all about the $$$ to them.

Then again, if I had the foresight to snap up the comic book rights to G.I. JOE for a measley $5,000 like they did...

:banghead

Yeah, the art is usually pretty good. It's just that the guys at Devil's Due don't really have a passion for the characters. It's all about the $$$ to them.

Then again, if I had the foresight to snap up the comic book rights to G.I. JOE for a measley $5,000 like they did...

:banghead

haha good point. i'm considering getting the tpb of the 3 volumes they have out now for the america's elite series.

I saw them today and left them on the pegs putting my moolah towards the movie Ultimate Bumblebee...

I can't start buying/collecting G.I.Joe as well-- that'll kill me.:D

G.I. JOE > The Transformers

:monkey3

[Runs and hides from The Ill Jedi and the rest...] :lol

FFF10038.jpg

:devil:devil:devil:devil

Destro kicks ass because he's the main black guy for Cobra! All the lame white guys always screw up (besides Zartan and Storm Shadow and Firefly), so that's why Destro holds it down.

Kinda like Panthro on Thundercats. :rock

Obviously Destro isn't black, but this does bring up something I realized a year ago while watching the cartoons, that there really aren't any black villains (Cobra, Iron Grenadiers, Crimson Guard etc.) in GI Joe.
I believe once there was a black Cobra Trooper that appeared in the cartoon but of the main characters and toys, I can't think of one. You'd think Cobra would be as diverse as the Joes but apparently not. Maybe Hasbro was trying to avoid controversy or something.
Am I mistaken and didn't dig deep enough into the backlog of characters and miss a black villain? :confused:

In the recent Devil's Due GI Joe series, Destro's son: Alexander, is indeed black...or mulatto as you would say. His mother is black and an old love affair from Destro.

In Devil's Due original 4-issue mini-series he is the main villain.

In the recent Devil's Due GI Joe series, Destro's son: Alexander, is indeed black...or mulatto as you would say. His mother is black and an old love affair from Destro.

In Devil's Due original 4-issue mini-series he is the main villain.

Interesting, that's the newer stuff that I don't read, I just can't stand the Devil's Due comics. He must've had the affair before the Baroness became his woman.
Still, I don't think there's any Villains in the original TV series or Toys that are black except for that one guy I mentioned. There might have been someone in the Marvel comics but it's been a while since I read them.

G.I. JOE > The Transformers

:monkey3

[Runs and hides from The Ill Jedi and the rest...] :lol

I got hooked on G.I. Joe first (was it '81 or '82?)... It was kind of an evolution away from SW. When I came into contact with the Transformers in '84 I became split in two-- My toy "area" was solidly divided and every day when I woke I had no idea which adventure would fall before me-- dastardly Cobra or the evil Decepticons... I still have the first 40+ issues of Transformers and the original first 75+ issues of G.I.Joe-- but whereas Transformers has lingered with me in later years--- dabbling in the comic's rebirth of the early 90's-- I never really got pulled back into Yo Joe. Maybe the planned movie will rekindle that spark. Anyway my full array of Joe vehicles and figs (including many of the British Action Man versions) are carefully still stored deep within the bowels of my home (near a certain Ark) and the G1 Transformers are within arm's reach with several on constant display.

Long story short (too late)... IMO

Robots > Don't ask don't tell Y.M.C.A. rejects :D

It's been broughten.

How does a fan of Joe think that Destro is black?

Cuz that's obviously a big black brotha doing his voice but James Earl Jones did Vader and he was a white guy. I just don't know how he could be Scottish. That just cracks me up.

Back