GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

No man, you know when a big black brotha is speaking. They have character and authority. Big white dudes just sound like an LP record slowed down to 12 rpm.

Anyone have the 25th Cobra or Joe sets? Any reviews by those of you who do?

Anyone have the 25th Cobra or Joe sets? Any reviews by those of you who do?

The packaging rules but I have to say that the plastic materials they used is cheap and bendy and just sucks period. The sculpts are ok but somehow it just makes me want the original sculpts even more. You can't beat the original Joes. I give them points for effort but it's just not the same.

Interesting, that's the newer stuff that I don't read, I just can't stand the Devil's Due comics.

I browsed a couple of the Devil's Due comics and just wasn't interested in any issues from their ongoing series'. However the GI Joe/Transformers crossover illustrated by Jae Lee was badass.

Thanks! I saw them at TRU today, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out $30 apiece for them.

For anyone interested in these cool sets you can still get them from:

Goodstufftogo.net
look under the pre-order section; They even had Snakeyes with Black Timber alt. version
the box sets are $25 each and the single packs are only $5.50

GoodStuffToGo is a great business, I've bought from Gail for many years now. Their prices are always reasonable and better then Big Bad Toys; whom always over charge.

Out of the two Box sets I think The COBRA set is the best.

bagelsncheesey... I want that Stormshadow in your sig as a PF!!!!

Hey, here is a custom I found over at Hisstank.com

Here is what it said: Board Member Miked has posted a 25th Anniversary style custom of a fan favorite, Scarface!!!!

You can view more pics of this awesome figure and join in on the discussion here! www.Hisstank.com

scarjpg1.jpg

Very Cool Custom Job indeed!

https://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Videos/VideoSelect&aid=2580

Click on an episode to watch animated 80's action cheese at its finest. :D

And according to reports on the yojoe.com messageboards Hasbro will be releasing nine of the ten figures in the boxed sets (Baroness hasn't been confirmed) as single carded figures as well. That's good news for me since I'd prefer to display the card art with the figures individually.

Last edited:

Get ready to get your childhood raped again...Stephen Sommers is rumored to be directing the live action G.I. Joe movie

That's kewl, cause I want the individual carded figures as well.

So who is Scarlet going to be shacking up with in the movie? Snakes or Duke? I say Duke. Screw all that intertwined ninja crap. Snake Eyes is a Commando.

That's kewl, cause I want the individual carded figures as well.

So who is Scarlet going to be shacking up with in the movie? Snakes or Duke? I say Duke. Screw all that intertwined ninja crap. Snake Eyes is a Commando.

Scarlet always had a thing for Snake Eyes.

So what year/comic is Blue Oyster Destro supposed to be from?

IMG_9024.JPG

He's based off a proposed figure that was scheduled for release but never was.

He was nicknamed "pimp daddy Destro" by the fans. :lol

More info here:

https://projectpdd.googlepages.com/

Scarlet always had a thing for Snake Eyes.

In the comics, they were in love with each other for years.

In fact SE propossed twice to her.

Back