GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

CobraEmpChair1.jpg

Is the red emblem Cobra Trooper going to be rare? He is only released in the 5 packs. Do they plan on re-issuing more Red emblem cobras? I know the new troopers are going to be silver

On the originals Cobra Officers were silver, Cobra Trooper were red. The Cobra Viper Pilot (glider) was a Cobra Trooper with silver symbol and tuff to find.

Actually 7 of the 10 figures from those boxed sets originally debuted in 1983 or '84. :naughty

Yeah I know but the 82 Joes will always be the best because they were the debut of the 3/4" line. 1982 was also the best year for movies: Wrath of Khan, Conan the Barbarian, Blade Runner, The Thing, Dark Crystal.

I'm pretty pissed that we're getting a freakin' "Red Ninja" in this line instead of figures like Major Bludd, Flash, or Breaker. :mad:

I'm pretty pissed that we're getting a freakin' "Red Ninja" in this line instead of figures like Major Bludd, Flash, or Breaker. :mad:

I agree. They should stick with the 82 joes this year and next year do the 83 joes but what more can you expect from Hasbro? At least we are getting these commemorative figures cuz the modern line sucks and don't even get me started on Sigma Sux.

:arr

Cool, one of Zartan's sleds! I haven't seen one of those in over 20years.

I haven't found these in stores yet. I love the new more detailed design and more articulation, even though the hip joints don't work as well as they did on the old Joes. I also wish they'd add upper leg swivels to all the figures.
I'm not digging the new take on Zartan at all, I much prefer the old costume design.
And why did they skip Storm Shadow version II's claw? I loved that weapon, at the time I really wanted to buy two so I could bash together a mini Wolverine.

Yo JOE!!!
DSC06384.jpg
Hey Steel Brigade! It may seem stupid now, but I loved that gimmick, my own personal Joe. :D

Patience, my friend. :)

I just noticed that these were reported on yojoe.com:

WAVE 4; BLADE DESTRO (IRON GRENADIERS VERSION), CRIMSON GUARD, FLASH,
SNAKE EYES (BLACK SUIT), SNOW JOB

WAVE 5; ARMORED COBRA COMMANDER, MAJOR BLUDD, ROCK N ROLL, WILD BILL, TORPEDO

We'll be getting more characters soon enough. I'm suspecting that the red ninja is coming out this soon because it requires only minimal retooling of the Storm Shadow mold, and also because the international release "Satan" is pretty legendary amongst Joe collectors.

Rumored list of 25th Anni single carded releases: (supposedly from WalMart's computers):

Snake eyes
Storm Shadow
Armor CC
Destro
Blade Destro
Rock and Roll
Scarlett
Crimson Guard
Gung Ho
Stalker
Duke V1
Roadblock V1
Snake eyes/w wolf
Storm Shadow V1
Scarlett
Torpedo
Beachhead
Shipwreck
Cobra Officer
Cobra Troop
Cobra Ait Troop
Firefly
Zartan
Buzzer
Flint
Red Ninja
Flash
Cobra Commander

I've seen the supposed breakdown of single-carded waves 4 and 5 but can't lay hands on it at the moment.

I agree. They should stick with the 82 joes this year and next year do the 83 joes but what more can you expect from Hasbro? At least we are getting these commemorative figures cuz the modern line sucks and don't even get me started on Sigma Sux.

If they had stuck with 1982, we would have gotten only the following figures:

Breaker
Cobra (Trooper)
Cobra Officer
Flash
Grunt
Rock N Roll
Scarlett
Short-Fuze
Snake Eyes
Stalker
Zap
Clutch
Grand Slam
Hawk
Steeler
Cobra Commander
Major Bludd

I don't think a bunch of guys wearing almost identical green outfits would have done very well on the toy aisles. In any case, I'm pretty positive we'll see the original 13 all done up in the new style within a year or so.

Last edited:

If they had stuck with 1982, we would have gotten only the following figures:

Breaker
Cobra (Trooper)
Cobra Officer
Flash
Grunt
Rock N Roll
Scarlett
Short-Fuze
Snake Eyes
Stalker
Zap
Clutch
Grand Slam
Hawk
Steeler
Cobra Commander
Major Bludd

I don't think a bunch of guys wearing almost identical green outfits would have done very well on the toy aisles. In any case, I'm pretty positive we'll see the original 13 all done up in the new style within a year or so.

That sounds good to me! YO JOE!

I don't think a bunch of guys wearing almost identical green outfits would have done very well on the toy aisles.
Then they could have released them in a set or as the Con exclusive or something.

Seriously, at least 1/3 of the figure choices in the 25th Anniversary line are lame. And I'm tired of little punks with ADD influencing what schizo companies like Hasbro do and don't produce.

I can't wait to see Stalker painted. I hear that they're making General Flagg. Is it true? I remember when he died in Issue #19.

I can't wait to see Stalker painted. I hear that they're making General Flagg. Is it true? I remember when he died in Issue #19.

That may still be my favorite single G.I. JOE issue (even more than "Silent Interlude"). A few characters either died or got seriously messed up. It ended on such a downer... it's the like "Empire Strikes Back" of the JOE series. :lol

Silent Interlude is a classic but I think my favorite is issue #2 with Kwinn in the arctic. I also love the origin of Snake-Eyes in 'Nam story.

I also love the origin of Snake-Eyes in 'Nam story.

Yeah, that's Issue #26, I believe. Classic.

BTW, I had a letter printed in an issue (#33, I believe). I told you I was an Original Geek™. :lol

Larry Hama is the man! I'm going to the JOE CON here in Atlanta next month mainly to meet him and get him to sign some of my RAH stuff. :rock

Sweet!!! just saw this thread!!!! Im glad im not the only one!! just pic this guys up today at Target!:monkey2:monkey2awesome!!!:monkey2:monkey2

P8090001.jpg

P8090002.jpg

Back