GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if his position is not to like their product whoop dee doo, it did take some time for third parties to get any credibility, its not like he was alone in the community on that stance. Just because he makes money at kitbashing its still not the same as mass producing pieces, wtf? And you're correct, going after a company in China is a way to piss your profits down the drain in the form of legal fees super quick. Other large companies have tried. :lol
I'm not saying your wrong cause its your opinion to think they're full of ****, but that guy being a kitbasher doesn't make his opinion of mass market bootlegging any different from anyone else, again what they're doing is night and day. One is a guy cutting up and gluing pieces of action figures the other is a manufacturing company. Like trying to compare a guy who sells cars on ebay to Ford. :cuckoo:

Nah, he went further than simply stating his dislike... I don't remember the details but there was some attempt at "informing" or something like that. Kind of lame.

But I don't really care.

Thats all I wrote sport.
IMHO if you think that someone who cuts up toys to support himself for resale on Ebay is the same as a company manufacturing toys in a factory for mass market, then you're an idiot, I don't care if your friend told you that he could go to jail, your mommy told you that, or some psychic vibes you get when you take off your tinfoil hat. No two ways about it. This actually has nothing to do with law, your friend, Hasbro, etc... YOU are the one who thinks the two are the same. You brought the rest of the crap in to support your stupidity. I'm not changing my opinion that a guy who reassembles GI Joes and paints transformers is not only not in the ballpark hes not in the same league as a manufacturing company, so if you don't like it, piss off dip****!

Never said he was, I said that in the eyes of the law, infringement is infringement.

Stealing a candy bar from a continent store, stealing a million dollars from a bank.

They're both stealing. They're both illegal. Different levels of illegal,but illegal nonetheless

Also, resorting to insults and name calling? What is this, elementary school? :lol

Never said he was, I said that in the eyes of the law, infringement is infringement.

Stealing a candy bar from a continent store, stealing a million dollars from a bank.

They're both stealing. They're both illegal. Different levels of illegal,but illegal nonetheless
Also, resorting to insults and name calling? What is this, elementary school? :lol

You're too stupid to even realize how you contradicted your own argument. :lol

Infrinngement isn't infringement, theres different levels just like this example.

And yes, everytime I reply to you I feel like I'm addressing a 6 year old, but instead of you getting your brother, you have a "lawyer" who explains all aspects of law to you. :lol

You probably think that someone who gets busted smoking pot did the same thing that Escobar was doing by drug running, don't you? Its like all illegal and stuffs.

Last edited:
Nah, he went further than simply stating his dislike... I don't remember the details but there was some attempt at "informing" or something like that. Kind of lame.

But I don't really care.

Actually thats funny. Who did he think he was going to turn them into? leraths lawyer friend? :lol
"Yo dude, this the FBI? There a boat coming in with crates of bootleg Starscreams... TONIGHT!"

Sigh.

This is you it seems.
129145240753404126.jpg

I surrender. You want to resort to name calling, and refuse too read what I post.

Especially when I JUST AGREED WITH YOU.

Stealing is stealing, infringement is infringement.

Yes, there are levels to it.

Yes, those levels dictate the severity of the potential response.

I honestly don't see what it is we arguing over.

Movie companies go after people who cut up trailers and make something new.

And they don't even make money of them. :dunno

I honestly don't see what it is we arguing over.

Well, you are short of memory I guess?

I said I don't see some dude setting in his home cutting up toys for sale on Ebay as exactly the same endeavor as a Chinese factory that mass produces bootleg ****.

Apparently you thought they were the same thing, but now... :dunno

Movie companies go after people who cut up trailers and make something new.

And they don't even make money of them. :dunno

Does the law, yourself, or anyone else see someone splicing movie trailers as the same as a bootlegger who copies 5k videos and sells them?

Thats pretty much the point here. A video bootlegger in the US will have a damn hard time avoiding hard time. (if/when caught)

Well, you are short of memory I guess?

I said I don't see some dude setting in his home cutting up toys for sale on Ebay as exactly the same endeavor as a Chinese factory that mass produces bootleg ****.

Apparently you thought they were the same thing, but now... :dunno

No, I said they they're both infringement in the eyes of the law. You launched into a no they're different campaign.
I get that there are different levels. That's kinda an assumed, common sense thing. Ofigured you understood that, so I didn't need to Explain it.

Tbqh, I don't give a monkeys ass about the legal status of either endeavor.
I happen to be a big fan of 3rd party, and custom work.

Did you just delete and repost your SPAM? :lol

and...what was the on the last 3+ pages? A debate on which type of IP theft is more IP theft that was going nowhere?

I hardly think it is spam considering that it is a GI Joe thread, people frequently post when they find Joe or MU figures that they are selling for c+s, and I know there are people who army build. I was offering a single PoC for cost to try and help people who need him; it isn't like I am posting an entire For Sale thread. If you really think offering a single figure at cost is "spam", you may want to go through all of the action figure threads and insult people.

I realize that you get offended easily, so if it offends you so much I will gladly delete it. I was just trying to help someone out. :peace

Dude, you have spent the last day in a circle-jerk debate over IP & copyright laws.

I won an eBay auction for my son that contained two Alley Vipers; I figured I would try to offer one here for cost before tossing it on eBay since I know people army build here. If you equate that to me being poor, you obviously haven't checked my feedback here or on eBay.

Help yourself, because I know you don't want to come across as a
tumblr_lnzlq3ljW81qc0roy.gif

Last edited:
and...what was the on the last 3+ pages? A debate on which type of IP theft is more IP theft that was going nowhere?

I hardly think it is spam considering that it is a GI Joe thread, people frequently post when they find Joe or MU figures that they are selling for c+s, and I know there are people who army build. I was offering a single PoC for cost to try and help people who need him; it isn't like I am posting an entire For Sale thread. If you really think offering a single figure at cost is "spam", you may want to go through all of the action figure threads and insult people.

I realize that you get offended easily, so if it offends you so much I will gladly delete it. I was just trying to help someone out. :peace

Dude, you have spent the last day in a circle-jerk debate over IP & copyright laws.

I won an eBay auction for my son that contained two Alley Vipers; I figured I would try to offer one here for cost before tossing it on eBay since I know people army build here. If you equate that to me being poor, you obviously haven't checked my feedback here or on eBay. I'm so insecure I'm going to tell you my life story and look like a fail of a bragger, please validate me and tell me my auction feedbacks are cool.

Help yourself, because I know you don't want to come across as a
tumblr_lnzlq3ljW81qc0roy.gif

Haha, you should just leave your rant up. :lol
Or make more posts, it just gets better and better. I'm sorry if my all powerful random gif so easily offended your thin skin, but I don't care two ****s about your kid or your wealth Mr. Moneybags. Grow some nads, jesus. And you acccuse Nam of getting offended easily? :slap
[ame="https://youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs"]https://youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs[/ame]

Last edited:
Back