GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblrlwiw6xyhoo1qf7a78.gif

Aside from all that, here are the Joes I found recently at TRU over the past few weeks. (sans that Snake Eyes and Duke. But they looked cool in the Transformers playset thing)

The RoC Commander head guy was a Ally Viper.

IMGA0001-11.jpg

IMGA0007-10.jpg

And I took the head off of the Cobra Commander, replaced it with the Retaliation head, and used the RoC head for this dude. I don't know who he is...but I think it works.

IMGA0006-10.jpg

Ugh, i should have checked TRU, grrrrrrr walgreens and cvs has been limitedly good for POC, got blowtorch, jungle trooper and steel brigade

wow. knowing what he goes for... and his dislike of non-Americans, what did you pay?

Um, I think it was around $400 or so for the pair. I've got the Paypal receipt and all that somewhere, but I'd have to dig through my archived emails... Pricey, for sure - it was an Ebay auction, and I think it was around the time I was in Afghanistan, making extra money through hazard pay and other incentives, and everything was tax free. Plus, no kid at the time. :)

He didn't seem to care that I was Canadian, lol. I've found that most Americans don't really think of us as "foreigners". Maybe French Canadians, though... :)

They are pretty awesome, but I'd probably sell 'em if the price was right, to be quite honest.

Um, I think it was around $400 or so for the pair. I've got the Paypal receipt and all that somewhere, but I'd have to dig through my archived emails... Pricey, for sure - it was an Ebay auction, and I think it was around the time I was in Afghanistan, making extra money through hazard pay and other incentives, and everything was tax free. Plus, no kid at the time. :)

He didn't seem to care that I was Canadian, lol. I've found that most Americans don't really think of us as "foreigners". Maybe French Canadians, though... :)

They are pretty awesome, but I'd probably sell 'em if the price was right, to be quite honest.

Probably one of these fellows.
jaws45.jpg

all in all, 400$ for the pair is pretty good for his work. Jin CAN be a nice guy, and he is immensely talented and helpful, he can just be a racist D-bag sometimes too.

Best to enjoy his art and tutorials, and avoid his political leanings :lol

all in all, 400$ for the pair is pretty good for his work. Jin CAN be a nice guy, and he is immensely talented and helpful, he can just be a racist D-bag sometimes too.

Best to enjoy his art and tutorials, and avoid his political leanings :lol

Yeah, it didn't seem TOO bad at the time. They're a pretty awesome little addition to the collection. Very unique.

I would never pay that much now, though. I'm not even really that into the game. I bought the first one at a pretty good price, but haven't even played it yet. :)

The only time I've come across that attitude was a relatively recent thread in TFW... I can't remember the exact details... oh yeah, something to do with him hating on third party Transformers because of the whole intellectual property controversy... which is of course, ironic, since he uses IP without permission quite regularly. :)

Yeah, it didn't seem TOO bad at the time. They're a pretty awesome little addition to the collection. Very unique.

I would never pay that much now, though. I'm not even really that into the game. I bought the first one at a pretty good price, but haven't even played it yet. :)

The only time I've come across that attitude was a relatively recent thread in TFW... I can't remember the exact details... oh yeah, something to do with him hating on third party Transformers because of the whole intellectual property controversy... which is of course, ironic, since he uses IP without permission quite regularly. :)

Kitbashing and mass producing parts for retail aren't exactly similar endeavors.

Back