GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite finding a couple new gems stashed behind other product boxes by douchy kids, mine are still loaded with Cobra Commanders, Dukes, frosty Destros and sunburned Zartans. :dunno

I never understood the whole "hiding" thing, especially with things as cheap as these.

Just buy 'em if you want them. If you don't have cash, use your credit card.

If you're too poor to afford a $10 figure, for f's sake, get out of the hobby and reevaluate your life.

Here is my modern 4-inch collection (25th/RoC/Resolute/PoC/30th/Renegades). It has every character that has been released apart from the RoC Kamakura. Enjoy:

KGrHqRpgE8WVcVmBFBPWjggLYFw60_57.jpg
Great collection!

By the way, I just approved your post, so that's why you couldn't see your picture before.

Went to target today and noticed that Joes were now 10.99...wtf when did this happen.
Still a better deal than their $9 non-articulated, accessory-free JLU figures.

I never understood the whole "hiding" thing, especially with things as cheap as these.

If you're too poor to afford a $10 figure, for f's sake, get out of the hobby and reevaluate your life.
Word. Similarly, scum who used to buy cheap figures, repackage them with crappy toys they didn't want, and return them for a refund really pissed me off back in the day. Now I just feel kind of bad that those people are so sad that they have to go through all that trouble for $10 toys.

Word. Similarly, scum who used to buy cheap figures, repackage them with crappy toys they didn't want, and return them for a refund really pissed me off back in the day. Now I just feel kind of bad that those people are so sad that they have to go through all that trouble for $10 toys.

Hence why I have zero guilt scoring a goodie I find stashed. Imagine their total disappointment when they get back there after getting their allowance or later when there're no employees around to gank it, finding the toy completely gone. It's only made better by strolling past them as they're frantically digging behind WWE boxes looking for their hidden Joes only to see them in your cart as you stroll past.
:devil :devil :devil

When I was a kid, ( like 12-15 ) I didn't get an allowance. I could earn 10$ a week cutting lawns on Saturdays. I also got 2$ a day to buy lunch at school. I sometimes wouldn't eat lunch, and just save the money. Walking home from class, I would walk past the local Toys R us.

I'd hide toys on Wednesdays, when they put out new ones, and then come back on Fridays and buy the things I hid :D

it was either that, or pay 3x the value at the fleemarkets on the weekends. Which there was no way I could afford. Pain in the neck when your city has ALOT of those.

I can't vouch for EVERYONE who hides toys being a kid, but I'll wager that for many of them, that it's a kid saving money to come back and buy a toy to play with, not a poor collector hiding something to feed his hobby when he gets his next paycheck. :lol

I can't vouch for EVERYONE who hides toys being a kid, but I'll wager that for many of them, that it's a kid saving money to come back and buy a toy to play with, not a poor collector hiding something to feed his hobby when he gets his next paycheck. :lol

I've actually seen both! :lol

Here is my modern 4-inch collection (25th/RoC/Resolute/PoC/30th/Renegades). It has every character that has been released apart from the RoC Kamakura. Enjoy:

KGrHqRpgE8WVcVmBFBPWjggLYFw60_57.jpg

Cool! It looks similar to my set up (two shelves, Joes on top and Cobra on the bottom.) This pic is a couple of years old, and you collection is still larger as I'm choosy about which ones I collect. That said, mine is probably twice this size now:

DSC05334.JPG

I only see Joes at ToysRUs, I can't remember the last time the local WalMart stocked a Joe toy of any sort.

thanks for the bump :)

Since most of the stuff in the auctions is specifically this thread, a good place to post it, plus it has already helped.

airtight is a great figure. lots of good ones in this wave (techno and sci fi) but airtight is prolly my favorite.

Found Renegades Strom Shadow at TRU today :rock

The $10 price tag hurt, but considering what he has gone for on ebay, I didn't even think twice about it. Its a great figure, with a ton of accessories. Besides the second head with the bangs there is really nothing making it strictly a cartoon figure, so he's just a great Storm Shadow figure period.

dang, id go crazy if I found me a Renegades SS.
Speaking of Renegades, if you havent seen the cartoon yet, the episodes are up on Netflix streaming now. I was watching them last night. Really a good show, unfortunate that Clement passed away and apparently wasnt well recieved.

Same. Never did I think a Storm Shadow figure would be so hard to find. I've been from TRU to Walgreens looking for one.
Yet, I had no issue finding POC Low Lights at the time.

dang, id go crazy if I found me a Renegades SS.
Speaking of Renegades, if you havent seen the cartoon yet, the episodes are up on Netflix streaming now. I was watching them last night. Really a good show, unfortunate that Clement passed away and apparently wasnt well recieved.

With the exception of the whole Bio-Viper thing, I really enjoyed Renegades. Was a nice and different take on the Joes. Resolute is still my favorite Joe cartoon though.

my local Walmarts have FINALLY started stocking the new wave.

Got lifeline, airtight, law and order, and sci-fi yesterday. picked up my second zombie viper. 2 down, 30+ to go.

I also grabbed one of the renegades cobra trooper/ security guys. LOVE him . GREAT figure. want atleast 5 more.

Back