GI Joe 3 rumors with Jon Chu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: G.I. Joe 3

Don't know why the don't treat it like all the other comic book movie it has the potential their no reason it could not be given the same treatment and still be true to its root only it will be a better movie.

Even the cartoon GI Joe Renegades had a great story line and interesting way of introducing and incorporating characters

Renegades was terrible and is as bad as the movies...who cares about story when the characters looked nothing like their ARAH counterparts

Looks like Jon Chu has already begun filming the next one.

robocop_toronto_set_images_joel_kinnaman_6.jpeg

:exactly:

The fact that paramount was "gushing" over a 40 mil opening weekend means they knew they were setting out a crap sandwich and were super happy they got enough turds to join the picnic.

There is no reason a movie carrying the GI Joe brand should not be a heavy hitter. Its got comic fans, toy fans, and the overall action PG 13 alone should get people in, they just have to stop alienating people with stupid *** ninjas in raincoats and making characters that have been cool and beloved for over 3 decades look retarded. Beyond that, they can probably go full retard on the story itself. :)

:exactly:
I thought the first one was good, far from great. Amazed they did a second...and even more amazed it was pure garbage...yeah GI JOE a brand that is strong but bungled in movies

I just don't understand how a guy whos credentials included the great movies Step Up 2, The League of Dancing, and the Justin Bieber Movie didn't come up with a better Joe movie? :dunno

He even had Larry Hama's approval. :yess:

I just don't understand how a guy whos credentials included the great movies Step Up 2, The League of Dancing, and the Justin Bieber Movie didn't come up with a better Joe movie? :dunno
I think the main problem is people keep comparing it to the brilliant first GI Joe film, which was, of course, directed by the visionary behind Van Helsing and the Mummy movies. The only better choice than those guys for a GI Joe director would be the guy behind the Fantastic Four films, who was the genius behind the Barber Shop films. . .

Studio execs make a fortune coming up with these decisions. . .

yeah FF movies are bad....just can't watch them now after all what Marvel Studios have been doing of late............

More ninjas is better?

It's a story about military forces fighting each other not ninjas.

:exactly::lecture
There must be 150+ Joe figures with 100+ military vehicles with only three ninja characters amongst them during the height of popularity and now, GI Joe is all about the Ninjas.

They just need to take lessons from Batman Begins and Iron Man and rip off general storylines that make for awesome stories.

If I saw a commercial with Wild Weasel and Ace dogfighting, anything resembling Silent Interlude, Kwinn rising from the river with his 50 cal, 3 way fighting in the desert between the Joes, Cobra, and the Oktober Guard, Drednoks ****ing **** up, hell even a cameo from Sgt Slaughter, etc... I'd pay a hundred bucks to be there at midnight opening day.

Theres so much awesome out there in the GI Joe history, why license a movie just to change it all? I really don't understand the mentality of claiming you want to make a movie based off an intellectual property, then doing everything you can to not use the property you have licensed. Two movies down and not a thing that made me identify anything as GI Joe.

I think the main problem is people keep comparing it to the brilliant first GI Joe film, which was, of course, directed by the visionary behind Van Helsing and the Mummy movies. The only better choice than those guys for a GI Joe director would be the guy behind the Fantastic Four films, who was the genius behind the Barber Shop films. . .

Studio execs make a fortune coming up with these decisions. . .

No Uwe Boll? :dunno

So, this guy from Crave interviews Jon Chu, and Chu states that Scarlett could come back and that Retaliation only showed "one area" of Joes.

WTF?

What happened to "there's only one man we can trust"????

Does that mean Scarlett would have turned them in, or be seen as aligned with the President (Zartan)?

https://youtu.be/J9IOsiMlUWQ?a

Also, I would love to smack the interviewer upside his stupid f-ing head for even daring to suggest Cobra-La as a storyline. Seriously.

Would you spend money to see a live-action Joe flick that featured Cobra-La?????

Talk about death of the franchise.....

So, this guy from Crave interviews Jon Chu, and Chu states that Scarlett could come back and that Retaliation only showed "one area" of Joes.

WTF?

What happened to "there's only one man we can trust"????

Does that mean Scarlett would have turned them in, or be seen as aligned with the President (Zartan)?

https://youtu.be/J9IOsiMlUWQ?a

Also, I would love to smack the interviewer upside his stupid f-ing head for even daring to suggest Cobra-La as a storyline. Seriously.

Would you spend money to see a live-action Joe flick that featured Cobra-La?????

Talk about death of the franchise.....

Wait, you're worried about what Cobra La would do to this movie franchise?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Back