GI Joe 2: Retaliation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Live-action GI joe movie teaser

Seriously?

Yes! Does The Rock even ressemble Roadblock? No

and I expect alot of this through the movie (Eyebrow)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZibpjFKX8"]YouTube - ‪the rock does the eyebrow motion‬‏[/ame]

Re: GI Joe 2

That poster seems very ambiguous and generic to me. I don't think it means much of anything except that a new movie is coming out. Ninja stars flying across the bottom are pretty dumb, though. What, is this movie gonna focus on Ninja Force? Unless they scrap everything and start from scratch, I'm not even remotely interested.

I do think Rock is a good casting choice, though. In fact, I wouldn't mind Rock being the leader of the Joe team (as "Roadblock" or whomever). I know they're gonna take lots of "artistic" license with the Joe mythos anyway, but what I really care about is getting the tone and essence right. Whether that be the tone of the Hama comics, or even of the cartoon, I don't really care, but the first film was its own (very bad) thing, and it didn't get a single thing right apart from Snake Eyes not speaking.

The Rock casting in Joe is not the problem...but casted as Roadblock? NO!

Oh! and no word on CC,Destro or Zartan...it sounded to me like they want a new villain while they never even established CC or Destro in the first BOMB of Film

Even having lame-ass Serpentor as the villain in a half-way decent film is better than bringing back crap incarnations of well known characters in another horrible crap film, IMO.

I see they're not even calling it "GI Joe 2" on the poster. I guess if they reboot the series every three years sooner or later someone will get it right.

Even having lame-ass Serpentor as the villain in a half-way decent film is better than bringing back crap incarnations of well known characters in another horrible crap film, IMO.

If CC,Destro and Zartan are not back (was hoping for better costumes) I am not seeing this...it wouldn't be Cobra without them! They have the villains,just give them better costumes

None of those guys will be in the movie? So who's the villain going to be then, Cobra-La?

from reading interviews (that were on pisstank) it sounded like they are not bringing back those 3 and they wanted a new villain(I hope I am wrong)...why even call this G.I.Joe 2?? the 1st movie was not G.I.Joe either :dunno

I saw the 1st movie and I can't of one thing I liked about it.

Not even Snake Eyes?*he's practically the only reason I watch most GI Joe though Scarlet's pretty cool in Renegades.*

Some French chick casted as JINX! FAIL!
WTF?!If they can get an Asian to play Storm Shadow why not Jinx!?

Last edited:

The dude who played the main character in the first one pretty much ruined the entire movie with his horrible acting.

Not even Snake Eyes?*he's practically the only reason I watch most GI Joe though Scarlet's pretty cool in Renegades.*

WTF?!If they can get an Asian to play Storm Shadow why not Jinx!?

Why not just get Pee-wee Herman to play Duke?? :dunno

The Rock casting in Joe is not the problem...but casted as Roadblock? NO!

Oh! and no word on CC,Destro or Zartan...it sounded to me like they want a new villain while they never even established CC or Destro in the first BOMB of Film

That makes no sense. Zartan was left as the President at the end. They can't just ignore that. CC and Destro sure. They're locked up, but not Zartan.

Why do I even care though? :lol

Back