GI Joe 2: Retaliation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dredd, the best film nobody went to see in 2012. GI Joe will probably get another sequel. :slap

This is very upsetting to me. I think Dredd and Lockout were 2 of my favorite movies from 2012. Dredd is easily my top pick of the year as I've watched it 10 times since getting it on Blu Ray.

Gotta know what you're gettin into when you walk in...:wink1:
Which I knew...sooo...yeah, didn't walk in lol

sarcasm_detector.jpg

I did. And I learned my lesson. Aside from Spring Breakers, every film i've seen this year has been a waste of my time.

Really?
That sucks, I've seen plenty of great movies this year... mostly independent/festival movies but from wide releases, my favorite so dar have been Mama, Oz and Burt Wonderstone...

This is very upsetting to me. I think Dredd and Lockout were 2 of my favorite movies from 2012. Dredd is easily my top pick of the year as I've watched it 10 times since getting it on Blu Ray.

Oh man... Lockout was terrible... :monkey1:monkey3

Never did see Dredd. Meant to just didn't get to the theatre. I will see it at somepoint.

So far I've seen 7 movies this year. One of those was my 5th time seeing The Hobbit and #8 is seeing Jurassic Park on Friday.

Really?
That sucks, I've seen plenty of great movies this year... mostly independent/festival movies but from wide releases, my favorite so dar have been Mama, Oz and Burt Wonderstone...

I'm counting only new films.

I saw The Last Stand. It it was OK.

Then I saw Movie 43 on the computer, and it was one of the worst things i've ever seen.

Then a Good Day to **** just broke me. That was a devastating blow right after Colon Marines.

And then OZ. Oz just made me happy. It's not perfect. But it did it's job, and had enough Raiminess for me to go "OoooOOooOh!"

And then back to this crap.

I've picked every wrong movie to see this year. :slap

Great pic! :rotfl

As for the Hobbit, let's get real: Smaug is the superstar. Can't wait for the sequel.

Gi Joe: Open-ended black hole of mediocrity guaranteed to dim the light of every star that gets close to it.

I'm old and cranky though, I'll never be convinced that toyline-based properties need to be live-action movies.

Get off my lawn! :cuss

Sooo...For the people who already seen this. Does it seem like a typical " Rock " action film with just Snake eyes in in or did it seem like a Joe film.

Well I can finally post as I saw this (in 3D) last night. Here we go (SPOILERS galore-- turn your head and cough)...

• Better than the first one (not saying much I know).
  • Loved them killing off Tatum early.
  • The 3D scene with SE and Jinx versus the red ninjas on the mountain was very good.
  • The entire movie seemed to be shot with medium to tight shots making it look (except for the ninja mountain and attacking the factory to get the nuke warheads early on scenes) like I was watching a made for tv movie.
  • I liked the nods to the comic (GI Joe #21 Silent Interlude) but the Zartan was the real killer was not the same (Storm Shadow not a child and not the long range bow used) which made that nod laughable (the "Blind Master" didn't help in that regard).
  • Adrianne Palicki, whether sporty or in formal attire, is enjoyable to watch.
  • Dialogue was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry painful at times.
  • Cobra's death weapon was ingenious and on par with them... and Cobra Commander (although always seemingly in slow-motion) was well played (and I at least liked how they had a reason for the chrome mask/helmet).
  • Bruce Willis... :slap
  • Good movie? No. Worth seeing it in theatres? :dunno Depends on if you have anything better to do that evening. :lol

Yo Joe (knowing IS half of the battle).

Adrianne%20Palicki%20-%20GI%20Joe%20Retaliation-03-560x840.jpg

Just watched it. This was much better compared to the 1st one. My only issue was RZA. Him in the moving reminded me how bad the 1st movie was for some reason.

Rock was a good choice and is fit for the job. He took command and was able sell the fact that he's in charge. I never got that with Duke from the 1st movie.

Lady Jaye, bad ***!

Well I can finally post as I saw this (in 3D) last night. Here we go (SPOILERS galore-- turn your head and cough)...

• Better than the first one (not saying much I know).
  • Loved them killing off Tatum early.
  • The 3D scene with SE and Jinx versus the red ninjas on the mountain was very good.
  • The entire movie seemed to be shot with medium to tight shots making it look (except for the ninja mountain and attacking the factory to get the nuke warheads early on scenes) like I was watching a made for tv movie.

• I liked the nods to the comic (GI Joe #21 Silent Interlude) but the Zartan was the real killer was not the same (Storm Shadow not a child and not the long range bow used) which made that nod laughable (the "Blind Master" didn't help in that regard).
  • Adrianne Palicki, whether sporty or in formal attire, is enjoyable to watch.
  • Dialogue was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry painful at times.
  • Cobra's death weapon was ingenious and on par with them... and Cobra Commander (although always seemingly in slow-motion) was well played (and I at least liked how they had a reason for the chrome mask/helmet).
  • Bruce Willis... :slap
  • Good movie? No. Worth seeing it in theatres? :dunno Depends on if you have anything better to do that evening. :lol

Yo Joe (knowing IS half of the battle).

Adrianne%20Palicki%20-%20GI%20Joe%20Retaliation-03-560x840.jpg

Jinx in my opinion was way hotter in the movie!

Sooo...For the people who already seen this. Does it seem like a typical " Rock " action film with just Snake eyes in in or did it seem like a Joe film.

It did not seem like a Joe movie. The first one felt much more like GiJoe. This one was still ok but they made GiJoe feel like a small group instead of a huge army. It was more like a Rock movie for sure. The team had no chemistry at all together, especially Flint...

Back