Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also may be afraid she's going to act like an ******* while wearing their dress and don't want to be associated with her. Given how she is every time I see her on something, that's a legitimate concern.

Not wanting to make her a dress isn't necessarily about making her feel ashamed. Maybe they just don't think they could make her look good enough that they'd want their name attached ... which, if we're being honest, is a genuine concern. That's less about 'shaming' her (stupid term), and more about protecting the image their fashion brand is trying to convey -- one that you can be sure will make you look good.

Not everybody has to accept everything about you. Just because they don't doesn't mean you should feel ashamed. Just because you feel ashamed doesn't mean they did something wrong.

Playing the victim is unbecoming ... though seems fairly aligned with the marketing plan for this movie.

SnakeDoc

What do you think you're arguing about? There's no logic allowed in gender/race/body politics.

It's about my feelings.

Of course she can't use race as an excuse, Lupita Nyong'o has designers fawning over her all the time.

Of course she can't use race as an excuse, Lupita Nyong'o has designers fawning over her all the time.

Chewbacca doesn't get much attention from designers, though. Coincidence? I think not ...

9c4262e9-a816-4f20-b76d-c31c0857aa99_text.gif

SnakeDoc

Well, she's built like a linebacker. I'll give her credit for not using the race card, but then again, when you have that many cards to choose from ( gender, body shaming, race), there's no need to use the race card.

Probably because it would just re-highlight that in their "empowerment / if you don't like this unnecessary remake you're sexist" movie, the black woman is the loud toll booth attendant instead of a scientist.

Not wanting to make her a dress isn't necessarily about making her feel ashamed. Maybe they just don't think they could make her look good enough that they'd want their name attached ... which, if we're being honest, is a genuine concern. That's less about 'shaming' her (stupid term), and more about protecting the image their fashion brand is trying to convey -- one that you can be sure will make you look good.

Not everybody has to accept everything about you. Just because they don't doesn't mean you should feel ashamed. Just because you feel ashamed doesn't mean they did something wrong.

Playing the victim is unbecoming ... though seems fairly aligned with the marketing plan for this movie.

SnakeDoc

Can anyone recommend a lawyer that specializes in "mediocre shaming" cases? I couldn't get anyone to date or sleep with me in high school, which clearly was discrimination. So if we're all beautiful and amazing and we should all be paid the same millions by Hollywood, then I feel violated.

SnakeDoc

They also may be afraid she's going to act like an ******* while wearing their dress and don't want to be associated with her. Given how she is every time I see her on something, that's a legitimate concern.

:clap:clap:goodpost:

What do you think you're arguing about? There's no logic allowed in gender/race/body politics.

It's about my feelings.

:lol

Probably because it would just re-highlight that in their "empowerment / if you don't like this unnecessary remake you're sexist" movie, the black woman is the loud toll booth attendant instead of a scientist.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer that specializes in "mediocre shaming" cases?
I couldn't get anyone to date or sleep with me in high school, which clearly was discrimination. So if we're all beautiful and amazing and we should all be paid the same millions by Hollywood, then I feel violated.

Gloria Allred.

epCZh4y.gif

This movie opens in 11 days and there's still no positive buzz. Sony couldn't even be bothered to pay people to lie about early screenings.

:lol:lol

to goodwill next month :rotfl

"We're trying to help the homeless, here! It's bad enough we've got some nut out there trying to strap them to a rickshaw! [...] You get your toilet book out of here, and I won't jump over this counter and punch you in the brain."

SnakeDoc

Best Buy has a deal where if you purchase the 1984 Ghostbusters on blu-ray you get a voucher to stream the new GB a week after the film's release. When asked why they weren't doing the typical "free theatrical ticket w/purchase" Best Buy responded "We didn't think it would be fair to give fans a voucher for something that will only be in theaters for six days." When asked to elaborate the spokesman simply said, "We're just doing our part to make America great again."

Best Buy has a deal where if you purchase the 1984 Ghostbusters on blu-ray you get a voucher to stream the new GB a week after the film's release. When asked why they weren't doing the typical "free theatrical ticket w/purchase" Best Buy responded "We didn't think it would be fair to give fans a voucher for something that will only be in theaters for six days." When asked to elaborate the spokesman simply said, "We're just doing our part to make America great again."

:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back