Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the funny thing is that Paul Feig always attacks movies like superbad or stuff like that for saying that "guy's humor is dumb and gross" he even wrote an entire article attacking guy humor for a magazine, saying how bad it is...

Yet his movies have the worst toilet humor of any movie... I really dont get this guy,

Feig is a pompous ****** bag. Can't stand the man. His and MM attack of the critics and fans is really mind blowing

TaliBane on opening night

empty-theater.jpg

This was me at the last two movies I saw.......seriously!

How can they keep making things worse? It's like some PR black hole and this movie is at the center of it.

BTW, still no signs of early reviews yet(gee, wonder why) but more fan bashing in an interview with NY Times
https://nyti.ms/28KSoPM

As I said before, they have taken a lot of ****. For doing the reboot, for being women, for being fat, ugly, whatever. If people are going to dish it out, they shouldn't be surprised that they're gonna give it back. Be honest, you'd do the same.

As I said before, they have taken a lot of ****. For doing the reboot, for being women, for being fat, ugly, whatever. If people are going to dish it out, they shouldn't be surprised that they're gonna give it back. Be honest, you'd do the same.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. The interviews in which they're bashing the fan base are in response to the negative backlash from the trailers. Otherwise they'd have a point about the unnecessary butt hurt from people who just wanted to hate on them. Instead the message the actors and director are giving people who are fans of the intellectual property in which they are so damn lucky to be a part of is that it's the fans fault for not liking what they've seen. Right now it's the cast and director's job to promote the movie, and that means getting every butt you can possibly get into the theater to see it. Instead they are trying to generalize and lump the negative reaction into one group of sexist, living in their parents basement conservative fanboys. They're deflecting, trying to divert attention from a movie even they don't believe in, and it's obvious.

If people are going to dish it out, they shouldn't be surprised that they're gonna give it back.
Be honest, you'd do the same.
I doubt we'd criticize or insult potential customers if we were in business.
The fact they're doin' it only shows how desperate their situation is.

The only possitive thing about it is that we've got TWO lines of classic GB 1/6 scale figures.

Right now it's the cast and director's job to promote the movie, and that means getting every butt you can possibly get into the theater to see it. Instead they are trying to generalize and lump the negative reaction into one group of sexist, living in their parents basement conservative fanboys. They're deflecting, trying to divert attention from a movie even they don't believe in, and it's obvious.

Agreed. When fans complained about the spoilers in the BvS trailers Zack Snyder didn't lash out with personal attacks against his core built-in audience. He simply said "don't worry, there are still surprises, trust me it'll be awesome" or whatever. Now whether his statement was correct or not is up for everyone to decide but from a marketing standpoint his position was certainly the wise one to take. Has ANYONE even remotely connected to the new GB picture actually responded to negative feedback toward the trailers with any kind of assurance AT ALL that the movie will be good? I haven't heard a single thing.

If I was the Director or one of the actors, I'd simply say, if you love GB's give this movie a chance, it will all come together on screen and you'll have a Great time.

Of course, I'd be lying through my teeth.

I know I should have stayed away.

0nLo6bB.gif

Listened to the song in full. I now need bleach to wash out my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back