Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New GB2 Retrospective.

Seems a lot more of these retrospectives on GB2 are popping up. I enjoyed this one a lot. I've said it before but the hate GB2 gets is something I never got. I admit nostalgia plays a huge role in me loving both films but I find both have aged really well and have so much to like. I can't fathom thinking the reboot will be better, from what's been shown in the trailers it looks like it'll be a circus trainwreck of a film that completely misses the mark as to what was so good about the first two movies.

I hated that show. :lol
Always thought MIB was a better show... maybe better than the films.
Both shows had similar styles though.
I love both.
EGB wasn't great but good enough to make me happy, tho I couldn't care less for the final two episodes.
MIB is all kinds of awesome for sure, it's incredible how good it is compared to crappy film sequels.

EGB wasn't great but good enough to make me happy, tho I couldn't care less for the final two episodes.
MIB is all kinds of awesome for sure, it's incredible how good it is compared to crappy film sequels.

Are these view-able anywhere these days?

I'm not a fan of Melissa Mccarthy but I do respect her honesty here -

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/03/melissa-mccarthy-admits-she-found-ghostbusters-trailer-very-confusing

“I know its weird that they say [in the trailer] ‘30 years ago’, but in this movie its like the first one didn’t happen...it’s that same classic story but it’s not 30 years later ... it’s not dependent on the first one.”

McCarthy also said that she raised the issue but was ignored.

“Believe me the question was asked,” she said. “I think that it’s very confusing. But then everyone said we don’t care what you think.

Yikes.

"We don't care what you think" should be the tag line for this movie.

Nah, it should most definitely be:

aYwgYzw_700b.jpg

In a recent interview with the New York Daily News, Feig lashed out at the film's abundant critics. "Geek culture is home to some of the biggest ass holes I’ve ever met in my life," Feig said.

paul-feig-40th-annual-people-s-choice-awards-press-room-03.jpg

He's not wrong, but the fact that he seems really pissed off about it suggests that he didn't really understand Ghostbusters' fandom. Because he clearly is charting his own path, in terms of approach to the material.

Out of context I would agree about geek culture. But most of the critcal commentary I've seen about this movie is that the trailer isn't funny. "Funny" is impossible to quantify but when the response is so overwhelmingly one-sided it's probably a better idea to be more diplomatic towards your audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back