Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

If you're not a producer behind the film your opinion means zero.

shes female
she hated the movie, she thinks is trash
shes female

she contradicts the narrative that the only people hating on this are neckbeard males... thats why its important. it proves the apologists wrong.

the narrative that the only people hating on this are neckbeard males
This "narrative" was part of the marketing.
Job's done and now that the movie is out no one cares.

Unless, of course, you're a neckbeard male who reviews films on the internet for life. :lol

O4lLK4S.png

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/16/opinions/ghostbusters-all-women-casts-judy-gold/

i cant wait for "lethal lingerie" :woo

I couldn't take him seriously, TBH.
Especially after SnakeDoc's posts.
:lol

"Jerkassic Whorld" and "Da Farce Awakens" box offices told them otherwise.

they were continuations not reboots. I guess people are okay as long as the new movies dont ignore the old ones (IF this was a passing of the torch movie, even with the exact same humor and director I think a lot of people would have given it a pass)

i cant wait for "lethal lingerie" :woo

who plays who?

they were continuations not reboots. I guess people are okay as long as the new movies dont ignore the old ones (IF this was a passing of the torch movie, even with the exact same humor and director I think a lot of people would have given it a pass)

who plays who?

"Continuations" of classic movies that haven't had any sequels in years and were considered "finished" at the time definitely aren't cash-grabs at all. :monkey3

they were continuations not reboots.
Quasi-sequels or reboots - doen't matter tese days.
Same films done wrong, that's all.

I guess people are okay as long as the new movies dont ignore the old ones
Poor "Terminator Genisys"...

IF this was a passing of the torch movie, even with the exact same humor and director I think a lot of people would have given it a pass.
That's a very big IF. We'll never know.

Star Wars never finished. There's enough books to draw from

Yeah, but I doubt George Lucas planned on making another trilogy right after the OT. It wrapped up nicely.

Even the PT was just a cash-grab.

Okay, the good? Mckinnon and Hemsworth are *****king funny. My favorite scene in the film involves Mckinnon and an El Debarge song. I laughed a lot at that bit. Hemsworth is good throughout with most of the humor being him saying really dumb things. I think he's a character actor and once Hollywood figures that out, he'll be the better for it. The other 3 ladies are fine but unremarkable. The fx are good. I liked seeing the classic Proton streams. I liked the design of the ghosts. The first actual ghostbusting mission at the rock concert is a lot of fun and if the whole film had been that fun, I'd like it a lot more.

..But it's not. The bad? The cameos are hohum with Murray's actually managing to be a bit grating. The rest are merely average and only Aykroyd's means something to me(more on that in a minute). The biggest problem is the film's villain and his plot and how it effects the rest of the film. The film's villain is just an angry nerd who has been picked on which is not an bad concept in theory but his plan makes little sense.
Spoiler Spoiler:
That whole section of the film drags to an aching degree. Then we head into the third act which is fun but pure popcorn cotton candy. There is no weight to anything that's happening. It's just kind of an special fx show with some fun quirky characters.

So overall, I was entertained but not to the degree I'd hoped. It didn't rape my childhood or anything but it could've been much better. I had a good time with it for what it was.

also...
Spoiler Spoiler:

who plays who?
It's not a question of reboot vs sequel/prequel IMO. It's simply whether it connects with audiences. Star Wars and JW capitalized on nostalgia the right way. Genesys failed on that front. Doesn't seem like this movie is going for that to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Genisys acknowledged and then proceeded to take a crap on the movies that came before it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought I read something about it.

Also :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back