Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know they'd filmed a sequel. Looks interesting, can't say I'm excited for it though. Rudd seems like the only thing that 'feels' like GB. The rest of the cast ain't it, apart from the OG cast.

Actually liking how this looks. Hopefully the original crew has more than just a quick cameo this time. Certainly looks like Ray is playing the advisory type role at least, which feels right from a realistic passing of the torch kind of way.

The story seems interesting and I like how it looks however I just can't accept Coon, Wolfhard and Grace as the new team of Ghostbusters (Rudd is fine).

The trailer has a Real Ghostbusters cartoon vibe to me with the villain and whatnot.

I also think the blonde kid with glasses is Oscar. Seems obvious to me.
Wouldn't Oscar be in his 30's now?

I tried watching Afterlife yesterday, we turned it off like 45 minutes in? It was a really weird movie, the editing, pacing, character logic. Everything was just weird.

Wouldn't Oscar be in his 30's now?
Oscar would be mid 30’s as he was 8 months old late into 1989.

James Acaster who is playing “whoever this is” is 38 so not that much older.

Kinda hope he’s not related at all to anyone from the first 2 movies seeming 3 members of the cast are related to Egon.

I really liked Afterlife, almost better than the original GB for me. On some levels it is. I just found the storytelling better and characters deeper, then the first one. It just lacked the comedic charm of the first one.

I was a big fan of Afterlife, but this trailer isn't grabbing me much. It seems to be promising a large team of Ghostbusters, which just feels wrong, and the "death chill" threat isn't nearly as creepy and ominous as they're trying to make it seem. And it kinda reminds me of one of the lamer episodes from Real Ghostbusters.

I really disliked Afterlife, so not overly excited about this. But would be great if they make another good Ghostbusters film.
Same. I heard good things about Afterlife but hated it when I saw it, I thought it was extremely patronizing to the point of nausea. To me at least, Ghostbusters was a celebration of adult irreverence yet the movie was all about reverence. And yes, I thought the all female one was better (although that sucked too).

Back