Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG....Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Danny McBride = best team ever......hell, if you add James Franco i'd be 40x better.

Cool news! I have actually been watching the originals A LOT lately due to my 3 yr. old loving the Ghostbusters and I found myself loving them even more now!

love the idea of paul rudd as a ghostbuster. the guy is way under-rated as a comic actor.

a big NO to danny mcbride and seth rogen, those guys are so one-note. same with jack black. his schtick is so freakin old.

anyway, for the "new" ghostbusters, i'd like to see paul rudd as maybe ray stanz (aykroyd)'s nephew or somethin, christopher mintz-plasse (mcLovin!) as Egon's son, ryan reynolds as a "non-relative" recruit (i think he's got great comic timing and he can be the "action hero" of the team), and also i was thinking it'd be funny (tho not very politically-correct) if they got an asian emigrant who can't really speak english forced to take a temp position in the team. he has no idea what anyone is saying or doing but he's in cos it pays better. and then he ends up being a damn good ghostbuster too! :D

i was thinking of dev patel (slumdog millionaire) as the indian janitor in the ghostbuster's office. he's hired at the last minute cos the previous guy suffered a nervous breakdown on the job.

just my lil crazy idea for ghostbusters 3....

well as big a ghostbuster freak i am, no way in hell do i agree that this should be made! i just think they should leave us with the 2movies, cartoons and just bring out merchandise based on those original movies etc. dont ruin the memory with another bad attempt at a sequel, as said, bb2000!

besides, im totaly against seth rogen, i cant stand him, and with that line up all they need now is will ferrell :-/

i knw some of u guys will disagree so thats cool, but just my opinions. IF this is made i hope seth rogan or those american 'office' tv show actors are not involved from what ive read. not funny.

well as big a ghostbuster freak i am, no way in hell do i agree that this should be made! i just think they should leave us with the 2movies, cartoons and just bring out merchandise based on those original movies etc. dont ruin the memory with another bad attempt at a sequel, as said, bb2000!

besides, im totaly against seth rogen, i cant stand him, and with that line up all they need now is will ferrell :-/

i knw some of u guys will disagree so thats cool, but just my opinions. IF this is made i hope seth rogan or those american 'office' tv show actors are not involved from what ive read. not funny.

Well... yep... we'll have to agree to disagree...
I'm a huge GB fan as well... not as extreme as some out there, but it's definitely one of my top 5 franchises of all time, and I happen to like Seth Rogen a lot, as well as the U.S. The Office (loved the original U.K. version too, but the U.S. is funny as hell too). So for me, this is great news!!!

That said, I don't think Seth Rogen will be in it, since he's making The Green Hornet next, and Aykroyd said that they wanted to start production later this year...

I honestly hate re-vamps, re-imagines, reboots, prequels, 20 years-after-sequels, and all that crap... but I'm a sucker for all things GB...
I mean, the original ones will always be there...
just like the Indy or SW movies...
No Jar Jar, Ani, or flying monkeys killed those for me...
so I'm sure even if this one sucks, at least I'll be enjoying myself as a kid when I see it in theaters... :D

I just read the interview. Seth Rogen is funny in his own sorts of movies but I think he will completely ruin Ghostbusters. He is good in raunchy comedy and that is about it. Ghostbusters was good because it was funny in a classy way. It was serious enough and had Bill Murray to add the jokes in there perfectly. It mixed flawlessly.

I don't want Seth Rogen to ruin the movie pretending that the proton pack is a giant bong. Sorry but keep those guys out. Keep Ghostbusters a serious comedy.

yeah i guess thats what makes these discussions interesting, our different opinions. i can understand ya liking seth rogan kuzeh, i knw my sis thinks hes hilerious, maybe its just me. and yeah i wasnt a fan of the english 'office' so the american one wasnt anything new to me as im sure ud understand. however, i still do think some1 like seth rogen would ruin a movie like this, the comdey of today is alot different then what it was in the days of belushi, aktroyd, murray and the early sat night live etc.

i am a huge gb fan, i got my gb tattooes to show how crazy i am about this franchise, i will prob see the movie as its something new gbusters, but id rather them not do it.

who knws, i may be eating my words, i hope so bcos it would mean it was a good movie.

i'm gonna agree with what's been said a couple times. i really don't think seth rogan is funny...paul rudd is awesome and every movie he's in i hope he keeps doing more. i really hope they don't make a new Ghostbusters with a cast of superbad/knocked up/ 40 year old virgin/ sarah marshall. as funny as those movies are IMO the actors in them are already starting to wear out their welcome. each movie they come out with is basically the same crap...just trying to push the limits of offensive material further. writing this really makes me miss and appreciate the comedies of the 80s and wish that they'd make a comeback.

This news sucks.

Why "reboot" Ghostbusters? Why not just make an original movie in the Ghostbuster vein: like Alien Chasers or Monster Hunters or something else. At least you could call it new.

Back