Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw E Entertainment News and they confirmed GB 3 The movie is a go!!! This is awesome news. I LOVED the 1st one and saw it as a kid in the theaters back in 84, yikes I'm getting old. The 2nd movie I thought blew chunks. It left a bad taste in my mouth. So I'm hoping they can resurrect the franchise in this installment.

Last edited:
I just saw E Entertainment News and they confirmed GB 3 The movie is a go!!! This is awesome news. I LOVED the 1st one and saw it as a kid in the theaters back in 84, yikes I'm getting old. The 2nd movie I thought blew chunks. It left a bad taste in my mouth. So I'm hoping they can resurrect the franchise in this installment.

I'm not holding my breath.

But I'll cross my fingers.

it's all about Bill Murray, as far as I'm concerned.

Abso-lutely :rock

Murray a pretty face??? :horror

There was a bit of sarcasm there :naughty
Seriously, the comedic styling of Murray make him Ghostbuster #1, but without Danny sitting down in the Tir na nog in Kingston for months punching out the original GB draft, we'd have nothing! :gun

There was a bit of sarcasm there :naughty
Seriously, the comedic styling of Murray make him Ghostbuster #1, but without Danny sitting down in the Tir na nog in Kingston for months punching out the original GB draft, we'd have nothing! :gun

And if Belushi would've lived, the part would've been his. I think the movie would've been even better with him!

From The Chicago Tribune's "Pop Machine" Harlod Ramis confirms the info!!
https://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_popmachine/2008/09/harold-ramis-co.html

yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we'll take it from there.
best,
harold

Woohooo!!
I can't wait for this movie!

why do they keep making sequels of great films 20 years later when the actors are too damn old to reprise the roles.

Because they've all been pretty good (I honestly think the recent Die Hard, Rocky, Rambo and Indy movies are the best sequels in each series) and more importantly: they've all made a buttload of money.

There are some characters who shouldn't age significantly (basically comic book characters and James Bond) but I fail to see why most characters can't exist 20 years or so down the line. Why *can't* you make a movie about the Ghostbusters when they're 25 years older than when you first saw them?

I also see people talking about them being out-of-shape. It's not like they were in peak physical shape in '84 and '89 either. These are average guys and in the new movie they'll be average guys 25 years later.

Also, FYI, there's a new Beverly Hills Cop movie in the works too.

Well I dont agree Indy was the best, It wasnt the total piece of crap that everyone was saying. I thought it was fun.

Thr 80's were a great time to grow up. Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Indy, MTV and SNL were actualy worth watching.... great times.

And if Belushi would've lived, the part would've been his. I think the movie would've been even better with him!

Dear God. GB with Belushi would have been lamer than lame.

I'd have to assume Akroyd would have moved over to the Venkman role and Belushi would have played Ray?

Belushi as a ladies man would have been STOOPID.

One thing I wonder is how 1980s Eddie Murphy would have affected the movie had he accepted the role for Winston. Ernie Hudson plays a pretty good straight man. Had Eddie been involved the dynamic would have been different and I'm pretty sure Winston would have become a stereotype or charicature much like his role in Trading Places (which is a great comedy too).

Last edited:
GB is perfect, if things were to have been different in the casting (even if things were as intended) it would have been a different movie all together, I'm glad it ended up as it did. Movie heaven.

why do they keep making sequels of great films 20 years later when the actors are too damn old to reprise the roles. i love GB 1 and 2 but i really aint interested in a third movie. sorry.

that was great. and it is true. at least with rocky they made the storyline about his age and all. not like they could make the ghostbusters reunion class of '85 the basis of the third. but i did love the first one. part 2 was ok. but a third one may be good cuz of the cg we got. but it depends on the story line and who is in it. i dunno.

Sounds like from Ramis' quote that the original guys will just be cameos and Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd and James Franco (all from the Apatow stable) will be the "next generation."

Sounds like from Ramis' quote that the original guys will just be cameos and Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd and James Franco (all from the Apatow stable) will be the "next generation."

I originally shouted a very Vaderesque "NOOOOO" when I read this---

But I have to admit, besides Seth Rogan, I really like the rest of those guys.

Annnnd I think even as a ghostbuster they can find a place for Rogan.

Bring it on!:chew

Back