Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Animated is the way to go. You get younger Ghostbusters, the Louis Tulley character in some capacity, they can put Peck in charge of PCOC and the Ghostbusters, and even have nods to John Belushi or John Candy ghosts. And of course they can cater to the 3d gimmick.

I also love what the IDW team has done to the comics recently which was introduce the Ghost Smashers. Ghost Smashers was Aykroyd's original concept where they just obliterate the ghosts, and it's a rival team led by Chevy Chase. It would be a great plot for a movie to have that team become an official Ghostbuster team like in the comic and a jumping off point for a new live action movie with a new younger team. You could still have Aykroyd and Hudson cameo in that too.

I read some of the IDW comics, and didn't think they were all that great, though they obviously love and respect the source material. I just feel that the very best they can hope for is something kinda fun, but ultimately not that great and in some ways average. Similar to what we saw with the Muppets movie last year. I had high hopes, but in retrospect I don't think we can get much better than that, because the original creative team that understood the source material so well isn't around to do it anymore. The Ghostbusters creative team is still here, but they're so far past their prime that it might as well be someone new taking over. A Ghostbusters spearheaded by edgy, contemporary comedians could be really good, but it would probably lack the heart and essence that made the original what it was. At which point, they might as well just spend their time developing an entirely new film that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters instead of some derivative sequel.

Back