Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always curious about comebacks so even though I was never particularly a Ghostbuster's fan

Having never been a huge fan I find 1 and 2 pretty much on a par with eachother.
a-devignore.png

Oh you guys :lol

Rewatchin' EG w/o Russian dub (very hard to find here)... Love it even more now!

I don't want 'em to ruin both series with this unneeded triquel :monkey2

Theres literally an Aykroyd says it's go story every single week.

What happens is he goes out and signs for Crystal Skull Vodka and people constantly ask if it's happening so he says the same exact thing everytime which is they are working on a script he's enthusiastic about and it should be done sometime next year. Saying that for about 5 years now, its pretty well known that if you even post a story like this at GBfans at this point you get a warning because its gotten that bad. :lol

To make it worse, the new team (the 4th or 5th one) that's trying to rewrite a script has been on it over a year now so the likely hood that what he's saying is true is probably lower than ever.

Theres literally an Aykroyd says it's go story every single week.

What happens is he goes out and signs for Crystal Skull Vodka and people constantly ask if it's happening so he says the same exact thing everytime which is they are working on a script he's enthusiastic about and it should be done sometime next year. Saying that for about 5 years now, its pretty well known that if you even post a story like this at GBfans at this point you get a warning because its gotten that bad. :lol

To make it worse, the new team (the 4th or 5th one) that's trying to rewrite a script has been on it over a year now so the likely hood that what he's saying is true is probably lower than ever.

No Peter Venkman, No Ghostbusters 3!! Period :lecture

I just want an animated Pixar type movie at this point. Set it in the 90's, get the original cast sans Moranis who you just get someone to do an impression of. Solves all of the problems and would probably be alot funner to watch.

I just want an animated Pixar type movie at this point. Set it in the 90's, get the original cast sans Moranis who you just get someone to do an impression of. Solves all of the problems and would probably be alot funner to watch.

That would actually be really cool! If they could get the original cast to ALL come back and do voice work it be steller! They just need a good story.

I don't see these old farts busting anything.

Well, Ernie Hudson still looks good but the other 3 look very old and fat now.

Deckard may have the best idea. The videogame was a'aight, working on that same basic principal, though really a pale shadow of the original film (which is also what I would expect a CG film to be). I really don't care to see these old guys in the suits, and I think a remake is just unnecessary. It isn't that the concept of Ghostbusters was so brilliant that it warrants re-releases and sequels. It was the execution that made it great--the mix of humor, drama, and horror. Part 2 was a bust and it was just a few years later with the same cast. They're not gonna capture that lightning in a bottle of the first film again, so it's just a question of which option is least likely to suck horribly. And from that POV, the CG idea may be best.

I love GB... is one of my favorite franchises...
Now this thread was created in 2008... yes... it's been 5 years...
and these guys are not getting any younger...
As a fanboy I'd love for it to happen... despite knowing better... :lol
But as I said before, I won't believe this is happening until I'm watching the opening credits in the theater with a bag of PopCorn...
:D

Back