Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 was average, i saw the first in the theater when i was a kid and i still remember the crowd laughing. (that kinda comedy seems to have disappeared from society in general.)

Seems Bill has the right idea to stay away, dunno why the others don't. The VO's for the video game were awesome though.

This will absolutely suck. Them moving on and passing the torch to a younger generation? It'll be horrid.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 MOVING FORWARD WITH NEW WRITER & 'NEW GENERATION' CAST
BY PIETRO FILIPPONI
PUBLISHED: AUGUST 3, 2012 - 5:41PM
in Film Movie News Universal Pictures Comedy Science Fiction
After years of speculation whether the 80's sci-fi comedy franchise would return to the big screen, Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that a new cast of young stars will team up for the long awaited third installment.

Ghostbusters centers around a group of eccentric New York City parapsychologists who investigate and capture ghosts for a living. After two successful feature films, the franchise expanded into animated series, comic books and novels.

Ghostbusters 3 has been rumored to be in development for many years. While series star Dan Aykroyd has been petitioning for the film to move forward, Bill Murray has been against it with reports saying he wouldn't even read the latest script draft.

However, it now appears that the film is moving forward regardless of Murray's support. Aykroyd recently revealed the first official details about the project:

"We've got a brilliant new writer on it and we'll be passing the torch on to a new generation," Aykroyd said. "We're working on it to make it just right to satisfy our fans. I'm confident we'll be in production in the next year. It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation.

"Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one."

I thought Bill said he would do GB3 under one condition, that he would die in the movie and come back as a ghost himself... that seemed like a pretty cool scenario!

as much as i love ghostbusters i dont like the sound of this. I'd much rather have a pixar/tintin style animated movie - with all 4 gb's as they were back in the day. I dont want to see my movie idols grow old! (indy was bad enough!)

I think it's all a stunt, so when Venkman shows up in the climax to save the day, the audience loses their _____.

IMO it depends on who they bring in.

They can really go low brow with guys like Will Farrell or Andy Samberg and it will be horrible. Or they can really go with some young comic geniuses and it could be great. Seriously, you mix it up with the right talent just like they did for the original, why couldn't it be good.

As I said above I'd go with some of the cast and writers of shows like Parks and Recreation or Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother and it could be really good.

Let's be honest, they'll go for the younger demo and it'll be folks like Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill with a token female thrown in to differentiate further and they'll cast someone like Anna Faris to round out the group.

Paul Rudd might be pretty good as a Ghostbuster. I like him a lot. I think they should maybe just leave it alone, though. If they cast Shia Lebouf and Keenan from Good Burger, I'm out.

As I said above I'd go with some of the cast and writers of shows like Parks and Recreation or Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother and it could be really good.

I tend to think considering pacing and whatnot, writing for TV is quite a bit different from movies.

I was just talking about this with my friend, Joss Whedon, over the weekend, and he said "Yes, SwedishHeat, you are correct. It is very difficult, but because I am awesome, I can do it, and I have a secret for you. . . I am writing the next Ghostbusters movie."

There you have it, Bill Murray and Joss Whedon will be doing Ghostbusters 3. I just scooped Deadline, Latino Review, EW, Variety AND TMZ. Suckers.

:yess:

They can really go low brow with guys like Will Farrell or Andy Samberg and it will be horrible. Or they can really go with some young comic geniuses and it could be great. Seriously, you mix it up with the right talent just like they did for the original, why couldn't it be good.
It's possible, but something like this is gonna be interesting to people because of the nostalgic element. If you take that away, then you might as well just start from scratch with a new concept in my opinion. Of course, you could get funny, smart youngsters to make a good movie of any kind. But Ghostbusters without Venkman? No thanks.

Let's be honest, they'll go for the younger demo and it'll be folks like Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill with a token female thrown in to differentiate further and they'll cast someone like Anna Faris to round out the group.
I actually really enjoyed the 21 Jump Street Movie. . .

Paul Rudd might be pretty good as a Ghostbuster. I like him a lot. I think they should maybe just leave it alone, though. If they cast Shia Lebouf and Keenan from Good Burger, I'm out.
Rudd wouldn't exactly qualify as young though, except in relation to the old fogeys from the original film. Hell, if you just want funny actors, toss David Cross, Zach Galifianakis (not his stupid guy character he seems focused on using in movies nowadays), and Patton Oswalt into the mix and it would probably be hilarious.

Ok so who would u go with for 4 new ghostbusters? I think i would have to go with any combo of paul rudd, neil patrick- wait for it- harris, jason segal nathan fillion, owen wilson and sharlto copey. People that are likable and funny. still wud b v difficult for it to not seem like a parody of itself

Jason Segal
Aziz Ansari
Tyler Labine
Zoey Deschanel

Tried not to pick any more than 1 person from different shows. If I didn't feel the need to do that I would pretty much use the whole Parks and Recreation cast. :lol

"The Watch" already looks kind of like a Ghostbusters remake with new comedians but with aliens instead of ghosts and it's not doing too well.

Those actors are tired and played out about 10+ years past their "cool". Might as well cast Dana Carvey and Mike Myers in stuff.

Rudd wouldn't exactly qualify as young though, except in relation to the old fogeys from the original film. Hell, if you just want funny actors, toss David Cross, Zach Galifianakis (not his stupid guy character he seems focused on using in movies nowadays), and Patton Oswalt into the mix and it would probably be hilarious.

I'd prefer guys around Paul Rudd's age, to be honest. I don't like too many of the younger comedic actors in the business right now. I think they could pull off the age range that Peter and Ray were in during Ghostbusters with Paul Rudd and other guys from his generation.

Back