GG stormtroopers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry boys, I like girls and StarWars but this titty armor type of ____ is what's wrong with modern day SW. This isn't my SW, this is pandering to the fanboys. And no I don't think women would have been allowed in the Empire. They're a facist empire, not the glee club. And stay off my lawn. :lol

:exactly::goodpost: I agree 100%, but.....

the bent over trooper chick is kinda hot tho

And no I don't think women would have been allowed in the Empire. They're a facist empire

But that's your interpretation of the star wars universe not mine. I agree with you on the whole mass marketing of Star wars lately, especially here in the UK, it's become so diluted in culture that it is becoming old hat. I cringe to see Yoda selling another effin product.

Have seen those female troopers before and was thinking of picking one up at some point. Are they 1/7 or 1/10.

The Zombie ones are cool but cant bring myself to buy one just too creepy. :D

I know it's forbidden to talk about GG here, and personally never liked their stuff, seems low quality. However 2 stormtrooper really caught my eye, seems very unique. Couldnt find any thread about it, wondering what you guys think about them?

GG's stuff is not low quality. Never heard anyone ever say that.

GG's stuff is not low quality. Never heard anyone ever say that.

:exactly: OP, unless you've owned a Gentle Giant piece, don't go around assuming they're "low quality" because they're far from low quality. At least in my experience.

GG still had some bad items, the one that I recall right now is the Slave Leia bust, what a mess was that :( (but Sideshow, HT and even MR/eFX had their own problematic products). Still all the busts and statues I have from GG really show high quality and superb detailing, love them.

I have all the Imperial Gentle Giant statues. Their Dewback and Scout statues are impressive. The Slave Leia is the best high end statue of her, way better resemblance than the bulged eyed PF. The Stormtrooper bust has the most accurate helmet in any licensed scale. The company itself has its own problems, but most of the old busts and statues are great.

As for the statues above, the chick and zombie ones, easy pass. I would prefer this one instead any day (though the helmet on the floor looks like a dood, but who cares when you have such a nice Stormrgirl LOL): https://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/starwars-stormgirl-kit-1-6-available-once-119959/

STGcomparison.jpg

What would Star Wars be without all the 40 year old virgin perverts getting off on comic drawings and statues. absolutely nothing!

I have all the Imperial Gentle Giant statues. Their Dewback and Scout statues are impressive. The Slave Leia is the best high end statue of her, way better resemblance than the bulged eyed PF. The Stormtrooper bust has the most accurate helmet in any licensed scale. The company itself has its own problems, but most of the old busts and statues are great.

As for the statues above, the chick and zombie ones, easy pass. I would prefer this one instead any day (though the helmet on the floor looks like a dood, but who cares when you have such a nice Stormrgirl LOL): https://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f13/starwars-stormgirl-kit-1-6-available-once-119959/

STGcomparison.jpg

argh dammit! i wish you hadn't put a pic of that fem trooper model up, I love the artwork thats based on, and now i've had to google it, which has lead to finding the model, which will now lead to me BUYING the model.

and this one too:

TFighter084.jpg

Both models are made by some RPF members and they offer them paint services too. Though for a Stormgirl professionally painted and shipped in EU would cost about $400, too much IMHO.

lol...

okie you guys made up my mind, think i will stick with the more "serious" star war statues.

Just look at some of the comic Marvel/DC statues with men in tights and sexy Marvel ladies, these SW ones are innocent and virgin like by comparison to those LOL.

Sorry boys, I like girls and StarWars but this titty armor type of ____ is what's wrong with modern day SW. This isn't my SW, this is pandering to the fanboys. And no I don't think women would have been allowed in the Empire. They're a facist empire, not the glee club. And stay off my lawn. :lol

OMG Deak, you had me :rotfl with that last comment, I feel the exact same way sometimes. As far as the rest of your comments, I agree with some but not all. I agree with your thoughts about the Empire, as witnessed by there not being any alien races amongst all of the Emperor's ranks, since he was specist, but that was info I got from the EU. Also, I don't like girls but I luv these female Stormies and all the others I have seen. I really enjoy all this interpretive SW stuff, it keeps the hobby interesting and probably brings in fresh talent and new fans. I bought the zombie Stormtrooper bust cuz I enjoyed the book but I will not be getting the statue, and I even own the first GG Stormtrooper staue and think that the quality is great, so it probably will be on this one too. As for the female Stormtrooper statue, it will probably be good quality too, but I won't be getting them either. My 2 cents, now GET OFF MY LAWN.:cuss

:lol I am glad some of you guys agree, I guess there is just a disconnect with me and modern SW. No one is right or wrong, just my opinion.

Back