GG FS Statues and me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RodLonghi said:
IMO until now every statue released by GG have a better pose and likeness than the Attakus versions, it’s simple to see that:

Simple for you, and your mind. And your opinion, of course.

RodLonghi said:
Attakus ‘s C3PO looks terrible it isn’t even gold plated.

Terrible? Did you ever see one? MUCH better than the tinny, OUT OF SCALE , long armed GG C3-PO. Attakus pose it's also way better.

RodLonghi said:
Chewie: the GG fur looks much more natural and the likeness to the creature is better.

You gotta be kidding, right? LOL. GG Chewie it's TERRIBLE, looks like a TOY! And the likeness it's even worse than Koto's Chewie. Again, I doubt that you EVER saw the Attakus one in front of you, and I'm probaly right again, just by judging your comments. That's the typical comment of someone that never seen one, or can't afford one, or are just jealous.

RodLonghi said:
Vader, Attakus Vader is very nice, but IMO the GG pose is much more dynamic.

Million times better than the deformed, out of proportion, big chest, big head GG Vader. And Attakus Vader looks like the ORIGINAL Vader, the one I like to remember, not a Frankeinstein Vader that have ESB pose and ROTS custome. No wonder one sells for $1300 and the other one it's less than $100 on ebay right now. And no, it's not edition size alone to guilt here. It's cause GG Vader it's a butt ugly Vader. Again I DOUBT that you have seen the Attakus Vader in front of you, and I'm probably right again.

I know, it's my opinion also, so don't get too freaky. But atleast I have seen all the pieces in question and can compare.

Last edited:
LordSith said:
Simple for you, and your mind. And your opinion, of course.

You don't really want to start off coming across like an ******* do you? Your right it's his opinion and as I've been told let them have it. Hopefully that's something simple for you to understand!

LordSith said:
Terrible? Did you ever see one? MUCH better than the tinny, OUT OF SCALE , long armed GG C3-PO. Attakus pose it's also way better.

I don't recall seeing the Attakus 3PO but did see the GG and I thought it was pretty good for the price. 3PO does nothing for me so really neither statue is that great IMO.

LordSith said:
You gotta be kidding, right? LOL. GG Chewie it's TERRIBLE, looks like a TOY! And the likeness it's even worse than Koto's Chewie. Again, I doubt that you EVER saw the Attakus one in front of you, and I'm probaly right again, just by judging your comments. That's the typical comment of someone that never seen one, or can't afford one, or are just jealous.

Again, didn't see the Attakus version but did see the GG. I wasn't that impressed with it I agree with you on Chewie. However, just because he hasn't seen on in person doesn't mean him thinking the Attakus version is not so hot any less relevant.

LordSith said:
Million times better than the deformed, out of proportion, big chest, big head GG Vader. And Attakus Vader looks like the ORIGINAL Vader, the one I like to remember, not a Frankeinstein Vader that have ESB pose and ROTS custome. No wonder one sells for $1300 and the other one it's less than $100 on ebay right now. And no, it's not edition size alone to guilt here. It's cause GG Vader it's a butt ugly Vader. Again I DOUBT that you have seen the Attakus Vader in front of you, and I'm probably right again.

Now, I have seen those in person. I thought they were very good but I do prefer the GG Vader more to those two. If I had to say though I thought the SS Vader kicks the Attakus Vaders ass! The reason the attakus version sells so well is cause it's hard as hell to get ahold of. IMO not because it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Now, I will say I have been impressed with the Attakus Grievous a lot. So much so I'll probably end up getting this and the SS exclusive version

LordSith said:
I know, it's my opinion also, so don't get too freaky. But atleast I have seen all the pieces in question and can compare.

I've seen them all as well so don't get to freaky replying back. So when you reply don't pat your arrogant arse on the back to hard wouldn't want you to wear that arm out! I'M PROBABLY RIGHT ON THAT. ;)

Last edited:
I think everyone knows what I think about GG.
;)

FYI, I would never look down on anyone on what they prefer to collect.

I just personally like the higher end stuff.

Would a GG bust or statue go with my collection below? I don't think so. If they did release a really nice piece, I would buy it. I just look for the best and do no care which company makes it.
museum.jpg

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
You don't really want to start off coming across like an ******* do you? Your right it's his opinion and as I've been told let them have it. Hopefully that's something simple for you to understand!

Hopefully it's also simple for you to understand that post counts means nothing, and yes, it's also MY opinion, based on what I've seen IN PERSON

jlcmsu said:
I don't recall seeing the Attakus 3PO but did see the GG and I thought it was pretty good for the price. 3PO does nothing for me so really neither statue is that great IMO.

Again, good for the price is different than better. You never seen the Attakus in person, so I'm afraid you are in a very bad position to judge. Sorry. If you are a true collector, you know that pictures most of the times are a terrible way to judge a statue, FYI.

jlcmsu said:
However, just because he hasn't seen on in person doesn't mean him thinking the Attakus version is not so hot any less relevant.

Pictures and see in person are completly different things. If he never saw it in person, then his opinion it's doubtfull, and doesn't bring too much to the table. MANY times we think that something sux by the pictures, just to find out that looks incredible in person. I've seen both in person. There's no comparisson. Attakus Chewie looks much better than GG one.

jlcmsu said:
Now, I have seen those in person. I thought they were very good but I do prefer the GG Vader more to those two. If I had to say though I thought the SS Vader kicks the Attakus Vaders ass! The reason the attakus version sells so well is cause it's hard as hell to get ahold of. IMO not because it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

With that weird looking cape, I don't think so. Yes, it looks good, but the pose is so so, atleast it's paired with Obi-Wan. And I prefer a sculpted statue over one with cloths. Yes, the Vader 1 sells high cause it's BEAUTIFUL and the best Vader representation yet.
(And why bring SS Vader to the topic? Don't change the subject. His comment were towards the Attakus Vader, not the SS one)
Since you want to change the subject, I would NEVER pay $100 for the tiny Balrogs that scalpers sells for $2000 on ebay. If you don't apreciate the Attakus Vader, you can be sure a lot of people does.

jlcmsu said:
Now, I will say I have been impressed with the Attakus Grievous a lot. So much so I'll probably end up getting this and the SS exclusive version

Now you are talking. Both the SS and Attakus looks good. I prefer SS pose a little more, but the Attakus cape looks much better and detailed, and comes with sabers. ;)

jlcmsu said:
I've seen them all as well so don't get to freaky replying back. So when you reply don't pat your arrogant arse on the back to hard wouldn't want you to wear that arm out! I'M PROBABLY RIGHT ON THAT. ;)

Arrogant? Nope, you sound more arrogant than me. Do you have a job and earn your own money, or you still live with your parents and have no idea of what it is to go out and make a living to buy what you really want and think it's the best?

Gruson said:
I think everyone knows what I think about GG.
;)

FYI, I would never look down on anyone on what they prefer to collect.

I just personally like the higher end stuff.

Would a GG bust or statue go with my collection below? I don't think so. If they did release a really nice piece, I would buy it. I just look for the best and do no care which company makes it.
museum.jpg

That's an impressive collection, Gruson. Very nice. I agree with you, no space for GG in there.

LordSith said:
Hopefully it's also simple for you to understand that post counts means nothing, and yes, it's also MY opinion, based on what I've seen IN PERSON

Did I say anything about post counts? No, I didn't. I just said that coming in acting like an assehole is no way to get people to wanna chat with ya.

LordSith said:
Again, good for the price is different than better. You never seen the Attakus in person, so I'm afraid you are in a very bad position to judge. Sorry. If you are a true collector, you know that pictures most of the times are a terrible way to judge a statue, FYI.

I'm in no way in a bad position to judge. I'm not only basing my opinion on what I've seen in pics but compairing it to other Attakus pieces. Plus I just don't give too much of a rats ass to 3P0 so I don't care what the statue looks like. I ain't buying. So you can only be a true collector if you know that huh? Really that is a pretty stupid statement. We all know that these statues be it SS, GG, Attakus, etc. look better in person, but we can't all simply walk out and buy these or see them down the street. So for MOST people you have to at least judge a little bit by what you see in pics.

LordSith said:
Pictures and see in person are completly different things. If he never saw it in person, then his opinion it's doubtfull, and doesn't bring too much to the table. MANY times we think that something sux by the pictures, just to find out that looks incredible in person. I've seen both in person. There's no comparisson. Attakus Chewie looks much better than GG one.

It's his opinion based on the info he has which IMO is worth what everyones is. No more no less. I agree I have a couple SSW pieces I wasn't so sure about but was more than pleased when I got them. However, I was in a position to buy them and be able to change we all can't do that. :rolleyes: As far as the Chewie statues go I don't doubt the Attakus is better since I wasnt that impressed with the GG.

LordSith said:
With that weird looking cape, I don't think so. Yes, it looks good, but the pose is so so, atleast it's paired with Obi-Wan. And I prefer a sculpted statue over one with cloths. Yes, the Vader 1 sells high cause it's BEAUTIFUL and the best Vader representation yet.

Well, I know I'd pay the money for the SS version before the Attakus and I much prefer statues to the items with real cloth. It's a better looking piece, made better, and has kick ass details. Not that the Attakus is dog crap just not as good as the SS. I disagree with you on the Vader 1 but I think that's pretty obvious.

LordSith said:
(And why bring SS Vader to the topic? Don't change the subject. His comment were towards the Attakus Vader, not the SS one)
Since you want to change the subject, I would NEVER pay $100 for the tiny Balrogs that scalpers sells for $2000 on ebay. If you don't apreciate the Attakus Vader, you can be sure a lot of people does.

Cause, I wanted to bring up the BEST Vader representation since we where talking about that. I'll use your logic then. Have you seen it in person or just pics? Cause if you haven't seen it in person then the opinion you bring to the table means crap. :) I'm sure the Attakus Vader gets a lot of love and by all means it should to the people that have it, but don't get on the people that don't because you like it. As I've been told 1k times. :D

LordSith said:
Now you are talking. Both the SS and Attakus looks good. I prefer SS pose a little more, but the Attakus cape looks much better and detailed, and comes with sabers. ;)

That's the thing I like about the Attakus Vader more it has all the nice little details you saw in the film.

LordSith said:
Arrogant? Nope, you sound more arrogant than me. Do you have a job and earn your own money, or you still live with your parents and have no idea of what it is to go out and make a living to buy what you really want and think it's the best?

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with a newbie. Yes, I do have a job. :D I work for a local school district. So yes I go out and buy what I think is the best which is why I've added the tiny Balrog as you put it and the Witch King statue in the last month.

Very bad way to introduce yourself to the forum LordSith. :nono Like I said before that kind of thread is not necessary it only brings mindless and arrogant posts like this one.

I think GG is better and the price is cheaper , so it's a no-brainer decision. If I haven't seen an Attakus piece? Yes I have. I used to own an Attakus C3PO statue so I can say it for sure. GG C3Po is better and it's not tiny it's in scale with the other pieces, but I won't discuss about the statues anymore because I have already posted my opinion about them. I think some Attakus pieces indeed looks good and others looks like crap, like every manufacturer.

If I can't afford an Attakus piece ? Yes I can. Just look at my collection and you you will see I spend a lot of money on those collectibles, I even have an Attakus statue (Shrek), but the Attakus SW line just doesn't do anything to me.

You know what I think is really funny... Those people that criticize GG only does it with their SW FS line, they usually like (or at least doesn’t say it) the busts , the matrix stuff and the SW diorama series, but the problem is with the FS line, there's too much competition out there: GG, SS, Attakus, Koto,etc (they have different scale and materials but they are all SW statues) and people that already have a collection of one of those manufacturers likes to "protect" their company of choice.

jlcmsu said:
Again, didn't see the Attakus version but did see the GG. I wasn't that

I totally agree with you.

jlcmsu said:
Did I say anything about post counts? No, I didn't. I just said that coming in acting like an assehole is no way to get people to wanna chat with ya.

Coming and acting like an assehole? Are you are talking about you here?
I didn't offend anyone, I'm just talking about statues. You said I looked like an assehole first. Maybe the assehole it's you, not me? :rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
I'm in no way in a bad position to judge.

Maybe bad isn't the really right word. Lets just say your position is not as good as someone that saw them in person, that's for sure, you want it or not.

jlcmsu said:
We all know that these statues be it SS, GG, Attakus, etc. look better in person.

Sometimes they looks worse. Who's the newbie? :rolleyes:

Pictures are bad to really judge something. Principally when you call something crap or say it looks really bad without even seen it. To call something CRAP, terrible or bad, yes, you have to see it in person, otherwise your opinion will be not as precise than someone that saw the piece in question.

jlcmsu said:
It's his opinion based on the info he has which IMO is worth what everyones is.

I've lurked here before, never saw this guy saying anything bad about GG. He's biased, and even worse, he never saw the other pieces he bad judges. So yes, his opinion it's very doubtfull. I've seen and collected the pieces in question, so my judgment it's a little more truthful and not as biased. GG makes good things. SW statues are not one of them.

jlcmsu said:
Well, I know I'd pay the money for the SS version before the Attakus and I much prefer statues to the items with real cloth. It's a better looking piece, made better, and has kick ass details. Not that the Attakus is dog crap just not as good as the SS. I disagree with you on the Vader 1 but I think that's pretty obvious.

That's an opinion there, even tough I really don't think you've seen Attakus first Vader in person and don't agree with you. I also would never pay $100 for the Balrog, unless I was going to sell it on ebay for people like you to buy :D

jlcmsu said:
Cause, I wanted to bring up the BEST Vader representation since we where talking about that. I'll use your logic then. Have you seen it in person or just pics?

Yes, I saw it IN PERSON at the last comic con. :rolleyes: Sorry. And yes, the cape looks bad, the saber it's too short and the hands position doesn' look right either. And I don't like the chest armor covered by his robe. But I will end up getting to go with Obi-Wan. It's cheap, so why not get it? And will looks awesome together with Obi. But the pose is not as good as the Attakus, not as powerfull.

jlcmsu said:
Cause if you haven't seen it in person then the opinion you bring to the table means crap. :)

I saw it. Sorry kid. :rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
That's the thing I like about the Attakus Vader more it has all the nice little details you saw in the film.

Yes.

jlcmsu said:
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with a newbie. Yes, I do have a job. :D I work for a local school district. So yes I go out and buy what I think is the best which is why I've added the tiny Balrog as you put it and the Witch King statue in the last month.

Please don't go into the pissing contest. That's why you probably have over than 10k posts.

Newbie? Just cause I recently loged in? Wow, how inteligent you are. :)
Just cause you stay here all day long, posting here, you call other people newbies? I really doubt you have a job based on your post counts.
And let me tell you what a newbie is:
Are you a true LOTR fan? Cause if you are, where were you when those tiny pieces were released?(and for cheap) Most of the true collectors and fans I know were in line to buy those pieces for $300 when they got released.
Paying 2k for a piece, in the hands of ebay scalpers doesn't make you any better collector than anyone. Makes you a NEWBIE. :rolleyes: :joy
Bye-bye.

PS: You said you wouldn't get into a pissing contest with a newbie, so make your words prevail and don't answer back. I know I won't answer you anymore, and I do keep my word. Let's see if you can keep yours.

LordSith said:
Maybe bad isn't the really right word. Lets just say your position is not as good as someone that saw them in person, that's for sure, you want it or not.

I agree seeing it in person gives you a more of an advantage to see the detail than say I have on pieces like Chewie or 3PO.

LordSith said:
Sometimes they looks worse. Who's the newbie? :rolleyes:

That's been a rare occasion for me personally. I've seen people post this happening. I didn't say it wouldn't or couldn't happen I just agreed with you that it's a rare occasion.

LordSith said:
Pictures are bad to really judge something. Principally when you call something crap or say it looks really bad without even seen it. To call something CRAP, terrible or bad, yes, you have to see it in person, otherwise your opinion will be not as precise than someone that saw the piece in question.

I don't think I said any of these pieces looked like crap. I did say I didn't think certain pieces looked so good. I rarely call something crap.

LordSith said:
I've lurked here before, never saw this guy saying anything bad about GG. He's biased, and even worse, he never saw the other pieces he bad judges. So yes, his opinion it's very doubtfull. I've seen and collected the pieces in question, so my judgment it's a little more truthful and not as biased. GG makes good things. SW statues are not one of them.

He likes GG. Does he have to say something bad to give him more street cred with you? That's something in general that makes no sense to me. People having to say something negative about a company in order for them to be taken seriously. He's said he has owned most of these pieces or seen them in person so his opinion is valid.

LordSith said:
That's an opinion there, even tough I really don't think you've seen Attakus first Vader in person and don't agree with you. I also would never pay $100 for the Balrog, unless I was going to sell it on ebay for people like you to buy :D

Well, I did when I went to SDCC 05. If you'd like I'll post a pic of me at the show. Or you can ask some of the members here if I was at the show. Well, that's cool. I wouldn't pay $100 bucks for the Attakus Vader.

LordSith said:
Yes, I saw it IN PERSON at the last comic con. :rolleyes: Sorry. And yes, the cape looks bad, the saber it's too short and the hands position doesn' look right either. And I don't like the chest armor covered by his robe. But I will end up getting to go with Obi-Wan. It's cheap, so why not get it? And will looks awesome together with Obi. But the pose is not as good as the Attakus, not as powerfull.

I was cool with the SS Vader it was more than impressive.

LordSith said:
I saw it. Sorry kid. :rolleyes:

Well, then what can I say we agree to disagree.

LordSith said:

Sorry, I meant Grievous. Have Vader on the brain. :wacky

LordSith said:
Please don't go into the pissing contest. That's why you probably have over than 10k posts.

Hardly. It's more from cheerleading. Just ask around. :wacky

LordSith said:
I really doubt you have a job based on your post counts.

Ok if you want to belive that then go right ahead.

LordSith said:
And let me tell you what a newbie is:Are you a true LOTR fan? Cause if you are, where were you when those tiny pieces were released?(and for cheap) Most of the true collectors and fans I know were in line to buy those pieces for $300 when they got released.

So I'm not a true fan of LOTR because I didn't know about the pieces back in 2001? I know a lot of fans of LOTR that have been fans for years that didn't know till recently. Believe me I'm as hardcore a fan of LOTR as you will see. You can ask around on that.

LordSith said:
Paying 2k for a piece, in the hands of ebay scalpers doesn't make you any better collector than anyone. Makes you a NEWBIE. :rolleyes: :joy
Bye-bye.

I paid 2k to another collector that was selling it cause he is about to have a child. I paid 2k because I WANTED to cause that was the best price I was going to get this piece I really wanted. I in no way think me getting this or the WK makes me a better collector. Just fortunate that I'm in a position to do so.

LordSith said:
PS: You said you wouldn't get into a pissing contest with a newbie, so make your words prevail and don't answer back. I know I won't answer you anymore, and I do keep my word. Let's see if you can keep yours.

I'm not as you can see nothing in this reply is part of a pissing contest I replied very calm. I said nothing about not replying calmly to you.

Josh, give it up. The new guy is obviously a classic TROLL and a diehard Attakus fanboy. It's pointless arguing.

Back on topic, I've seen statues from both these lines in person, and as a casual SW fan, I just don't see why Attakus is so much more expensive than GG. To me, they seem to make comparable products. They just don't seem that much more "high end" to me, Both lines have their good and bad pieces. Is it because Attakus are so much more limited, imported from a foreign country, or maybe their MSRP is higher (not sure, I haven't looked into it any further)?

transhi

You're right transhi, There are 3 reasons why the Attakus pieces are more expensive, but none of those reasons means that the product is better, because one of the most important things about a statue is the artist that sculpts the pieces and the techniques used in the process. I mean , both companies are good at what they do, but when someone says that Attakus is better because it's more expensive they are completely wrong, like the regular arrogant: " if you don't like Attakus it's because you can't afford it" that's just dumb:

1)GG is made in China, Attakus in France. Everybody knows that China has the lower production costs of the world, France is one of the highests. Attakus paint jobs are great and the same can be said about the chinese workers.

2)The material used is different, Attakus pieces are made of porcelain which is an expensive material and GG are made of polystone.

3) The scale is different, Attakus is bigger so it uses more material and the shipping costs are higher.

RodLonghi said:
You're right transhi, There are 3 reasons why the Attakus pieces are more expensive, but none of those reasons means that the product is better, because one of the most important things about a statue is the artist that sculpts the pieces and the techniques used in the process. I mean , both companies are good at what they do, but when someone says that Attakus is better because it's more expensive they are completely wrong, like the regular arrogant: " if you don't like Attakus it's because you can't afford it" that's just dumb:

1)GG is made in China, Attakus in France. Everybody knows that China has the lower production costs of the world, France is one of the highests. Attakus paint jobs are great and the same can be said about the chinese workers.

2)The material used is different, Attakus pieces are made of porcelain which is an expensive material and GG are made of polystone.

3) The scale is different, Attakus is bigger so it uses more material and the shipping costs are higher.

Wrong. Attakus pieces are also made in China. That's just shows what you know. :rolleyes:
Attakus are also more expensive cause their pieces have a MUCH lower edition number.

Last edited:
I've never seen an Attakus peice in person. They aren't at any of the US shows and I don't know of any shop that carries them, not even in Los Angeles. Thus I guess I can't ever make an informed comment about them.

Well, here I am in Quebec,Canada and lots of our dealers are doing buisness with attakus and french dealers...Therefore Ive seen most of their pieces in person...just at my local speciality toyshop , last week, there was jabba the hut, darth vader #2, palpatine, padmé,salacious crumb, slave leia and chewbacca...the absolute best piece from attakus that I have ever seen is their red guard and the first vader.. ..they are amazing !!!! But if you asked me, I think sideshow premium format figures are better figures because of the mixed media.... and GG, I've never bought anything from them...Besides all of this, its just a matter of tastes and needs.....

Last edited:
<worst to best IMO>
1.Hasbro
2. Gentle Giant
3. Koto - even though they are vinyl, most look pretty good
4. Attakus-new Attakus releases are looking incredible
5. Sideshow -1/4 scale is great but I can understand why some do not like the real cloth. I personally love it, very realistic appearance. They need to start releasing more though
5. Cinemaquette -hopeully they will get Star Wars license as I would not mind paying $2000 for a 1/3 scale Vader or $1500 for other releases.

I guess GG's Vader would still be better than the Cinemaquette version too? Right... :google

There are different price points for everyone to collect but people should admit that some lines (for the most part) are better than others.

Example:

GG Terminator bust versus Cinemaquette Terminator T-850.

I hope you get my point.

Last edited:
The most expensive collectible is not always the best one, I will take my $150 GG vader over any of the overpriced offerings by other companies anyday. I am surprised at the direction SS is going with some of these high dollar collectibles by adding electronic features, to me a nice collectible should look like a piece of art not a toy that takes batteries or plugs in like a lamp, seems real tacky to me. Attakus stuff is nice, but is the quality of their pieces compared to other companies worth double to quadruple the price, not IMO.

Gruson said:
<worst to best IMO>
1.Hasbro
2. Gentle Giant
3. Koto - even though they are vinyl, most look pretty good
4. Attakus-new Attakus releases are looking incredible
5. Sideshow -1/4 scale is great but I can understand why some do not like the real cloth. I personally love it, very realistic appearance. They need to start releasing more though
5. Cinemaquette -hopeully they will get Star Wars license as I would not mind paying $2000 for a 1/3 scale Vader or $1500 for other releases.

hahaha:wacky .. .you must be kidding me. I'll use an expression that you like "What are you smoking?" :peace Cinemaquette doesn't even produce SW pieces so why it's on the list? what Hasbro (toys) has to do with the rest (collectibles) ??? That was just too funny .. And koto before GG ??? They are nice but the material used , makes some of them looks like toys, and the snap-fit parts sometimes make them look like an action figure, and yes, I have seen a lot of them, I sold my Vader 1, Obi-Wan and Jango statues . Ok, here is my list from best to worse:

1)GG
2) Sideshow
3)Attakus
4)Koto

Gruson said:
I guess GG's Vader would still be better than the Cinemaquette version too? Right... :google

It could be to some. Does that mean they are wrong absoluetly not. Why because that's their opinion. Again, just because someone buys stuff that's more exspensive doesn't mean they have a better item.

Gruson said:
There are different price points for everyone to collect but people should admit that some lines (for the most part) are better than others.

Yes, there are different price points people collect. Some of it's because they can't afford it some if it's cause they choose not to buy items they feel are overpriced. I agree that EVERY line has faults no matter the price point but that's something you can't get the folks who collect the stuff with the higher price tag items to admit it seems.

As I said earlier in this thread. It seems to me more and more that the people that CHOOSE to buy the items with a more exspensive price tag look down on those that CHOOSE not to. Also that your collection is only OK if you don't have those items but AWESOME if you do.

Gruson said:
Example:

GG Terminator bust versus Cinemaquette Terminator T-850.

I hope you get my point.

The GG bust is ok for what it is and to compare it to that piece is unfair IMO. The CM T-850 is a ok item not worth the $1200 IMO but it's ok just as is the Aragorn they are doing especially if they don't change a few things on it. The two best CM items I saw where the TX and the T-800 now those where pretty sweet.

Edit: Gruson I'm just using your quotes to make a point nothing against you at all.

Again, to each their own. People collect different items and I can understand that.

That said, I have posted pics of my collection and everyone thinks it looks great and very classy.

Where is your pic Rod? Let's see how nice those GG pieces look for a comparison.

As for Koto, I know they are vinyl and not the best quality. However, I think they look more screen accurate compared to a lot of GG pieces (not all of them of course). GG is better quality than Koto for sure in terms of what they are made of.

I do not collect Koto but for the price, they are ok.

I will say some Attakus pieces look horrible but for the most part, the line as a whole is very nice.

I think Sideshow has done the best work with humans for sure.

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Again, to each their own.

Yup, tis true. Besides haven't you all seen through some of the discussions I've been in that it's just better to agree to disagree. Let the people that don't feel the same have their 15 seconds and move on.

Gruson said:
I have posted pics of my collection and everyone thinks it looks great and very classy.

Your collection does look very good. You have some very nice items and a nice setup. IMO it's cause the items and the setup are nice not because you've spent big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back