GG FS Statues and me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RodLonghi said:
2)The material used is different, Attakus pieces are made of porcelain which is an expensive material and GG are made of polystone.

3) The scale is different, Attakus is bigger so it uses more material and the shipping costs are higher.

Hmm, I didn't know porcelain was more expensive than polystone. Why is that? From my experience, I would have guess that the opposite was true. Polystone, to me, feels like it's better quality.

I know that Attakus pieces are bigger, but since they use porcelain (I collect DC maquettes) which I think is much lighter than polystone (LOTR pieces are usually pretty heavy), I would think the size difference would be evened out by the weight of the material resulting in the shipping costs to be similar.

transhi

One of Nine said:
Also get your facts straight, the majority of illegal drugs come from Mexico and Columbia, not Brazil. Only good looking chicks come from Brazil, but you wouldn't know that would you?

Go stink up another forum you turd. :censored

No, YOU get your facts straight. The Drug Lords, or "traficantes", lives up the Hills in Brazil, in the so called "favelas", and they dominate the whole crime scenario in there. There's many partitions of organized crime on Brazil, and those Drug Lords dictates all the rules in some places. They sell drugs, like people sell water here. I lived in Brazil for one year, so I know what I'm talking about. Brazil have one of the biggest crime rates in the World, and part of this it's caused by the War's between the organized crime there. It's pretty obvious you don't know squat about what you're talking

So YOU, smart@ss, should inform yourself a little better before talking crap and calling people names.

Last edited:
LordSith said:
Can you post a picture of your Attakus Vader one??
I know someone in Brazil that knows you, and she tells me you never had a Vader 1, so here is Rod, once again, caught in a lie! :rolleyes: :joy

PS: Upgrade that crappy TV, dude. :rolleyes:

Hahaha ... now I'm sure you are completely nuts... hahahah... I never said I had and Attakus Vader 1, I said I had a Koto Vader 1, it seems that even READ is above you capabilities, like someone said before a "regular Troll".

Don't come with lies that you know someone that knows me, it's just bull****, and very silly.

LordSith said:
No kidding, maybe that's why he collects only GG crap. A room like that doesn't deserve anything better. Please never put any Attakus, 1/4 SS or Cinemaquette in that room, or the Drug Lords that lives up the hills in Brazil will steal them from you!

I just don't have Attakus SW pieces because I don't like their products . Nobody will steal it that was the dumbest commentary I ever read.I think it's time to show us your "spectacular collection", or are you affraid of showing it ?

LordSith said:
No, YOU get your facts straight. The Drug Lords, or "traficantes", lives up the Hills in Brazil, in the so called "favelas", and they dominate the whole crime scenario in there. There's many partitions of organized crime on Brazil, and those Drug Lords dictates all the rules in some places. The sell drugs, like people sell water here. I lived in Brazil for one year, so I know what I'm talking about. Brazil have one of the biggest crime rates in the World, and part of this it's caused by the War's between the organized crime there

So YOU, smart@ss, should inform yourself a little better before talking crap and calling people names.

Man, you are really pathetic, what the crime rate in Brazil has anything to do with collectibles? I won't even discuss this totally off topic subject here, but just for your information, all drugs of South America are produced in Colombia, the drugs tha comes to the United States is same that goes to Brazil, and there are drug dealers in all places of the world.

RodLonghi said:
Man, you are really pathetic, what the crime rate in Brazil has anything to do with collectibles? I won't even discuss this totally off topic subject here, but just for your information, all drugs of South America are produced in Colombia, the drugs tha comes to the United States is same that goes to Brazil, and there are drug dealers in all places of the world.

I NEVER said the drugs were produced in Brazil, did I?
I talked about the Drug Lords, or "traficantes" that commands the trafic in there. So learn how to read. And yes, there's drug dealers in all parts of the World, but in Brazil, people KNOW the selling places, and the governament and politics don't do honey about them, since they benefict from their ilegal money.
Rio De Janeiro(where you live) it's one of the most violent places in the World. People are afraid to even walk in the streets.

But yes, it has nothing to do with collectibles. But be aware of buying anything better, tough, or they will steal from you! :horror

And yes, I know someone that knows you, seu babaca. Not a silly comment, but a true one. Not that it matters, or I care.

One of Nine said:
Also get your facts straight, the majority of illegal drugs come from Mexico and Columbia, not Brazil. Only good looking chicks come from Brazil, but you wouldn't know that would you?

I'm not going to get into this whole argument about manufacturers, because I think most people know where I stand. I pretty much agree with everything Gruson said earlier. I also agree with his rankings, although I would place GG above Koto only because of the materials they use. The new Snowtrooper and Blue Clone Kotos look better than anything GG has done, but they are still vinyl.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the comment above is way off. Go check out this film (one of my favorites of all time) about life in Rio:

https://us.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/

The "News from a Personal War" documentary supplement is truly eye-opening about gangs in Rio.

Here is a summary of the documentary from DVDTalk.com:
The Special Features on this DVD are limited to previews for Miramax films "Dirty Pretty Things" and "The Magdalene Sisters" and an hour-long documentary "News From a Personal War." The documentary focuses on the real drug wars and drug trade in Rio de Janeiro, providing a look at the history of the drug trade and drug wars and featuring interviews with many individuals who have either been involved with it or affected by it. The subjects of these interviews include police officers engaged in the fight on drug trafficking to the drug runners and dealers themselves and also offer interviews with mothers and children affected by the drug trade. As stark as the film itself may be, the documentary drives home the fact that the violence is not used as a thematic element for "shock value," but remains a constant, present element of the world captured by the film.

Last edited:
elwood49 said:
I'm not going to get into this whole argument about manufacturers, because I think most people know where I stand. I pretty much agree with everything Gruson said earlier. I also agree with his rankings, although I would place GG above Koto only because of the materials they use. The new Snowtrooper and Blue Clone Kotos look better than anything GG has done, but they are still vinyl.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the comment above is way off. Go check out this film (one of my favorites of all time) about life in Rio:

https://us.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/

The "News from a Personal War" documentary supplement is truly eye-opening about gangs in Rio.

Like I said the majority of illegal drugs come from Columbia, If you read the news there is a thing called the War on Drugs which millions of $'s go to help the columbian army destroy the coca fields in columbia not Brazil. Yes Brazil has druglords and drug gangs just like any place in the world.

LordSith said:

So are you saying there are no drug lords where you live? Sorry my Turd refrence hit so close to home, how bout this I think your a snot nosed punk. :wacky

One of Nine said:
Like I said the majority of illegal drugs come from Columbia, If you read the news there is a thing called the War on Drugs which millions of $'s go to help the columbian army destroy the coca fields in columbia not Brazil. Yes Brazil has druglords and drug gangs just like any place in the world.

You really don't know what you're talking about and this is the last I'll say on this issue. From MSN Encarta:

https://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761554853_2/Rio_de_Janeiro_(city).html

Although Rio may be Brazil’s most beautiful city, it is also one of its most troubled. The favelas which blanket the slopes of surrounding hillsides house approximately 20 percent of the city’s residents and are often dangerous, unsanitary, and lacking in basic services such as water, sewerage, and, to a lesser extent, electricity. Many of the city’s poor have no jobs, no access to schools, and only limited access to medical care. However, literacy rates for Rio are high, nearly 90 percent, and a system of public hospitals and clinics provides at least some medical care to the city’s poorest residents. Police corruption is widespread. Environmental pollution is a problem throughout the metropolitan region, and the waters of Guanabara Bay are considered too polluted for safe bathing.

Rio experienced serious crime problems in the early 1990s, when powerful criminal gangs took over entire favela neighborhoods. The murders of homeless children in 1993 by corrupt police officers acting on behalf of commercial interests drew international attention to Rio’s social and criminal problems. With a murder rate of 61 per 100,000 people in 1994, Rio was one of the world’s most violent cities. This was more than twice the rate of 28 per 100,000 for São Paulo.

Again, go rent the DVD and tell me if you feel the same way. You seem to be speaking of issues in which you are uneducated and have absolutely no facts to back up.

elwood49 said:
I also agree with his rankings, although I would place GG above Koto only because of the materials they use. The new Snowtrooper and Blue Clone Kotos look better than anything GG has done, but they are still vinyl.

Hey El, I can agree to this as well.

what the f...

Guys, isn'it supposed to be a message board about sideshow collectibles and statues stuff ??????? .............illegal drugs and crime lords ..... come on.....

One of Nine said:
Sorry my Turd refrence hit so close to home, how bout this I think your a snot nosed punk. :wacky

Better than beeing an ignorant moron. Read before you open your mouth, otherwise you will be proved wrong by people all the time.

Gruson said:
Hey El, I can agree to this as well.

I agree, my list would differ only by having Attakus in front of SS for star wars stuff, and SS in front of Attakus for everything else.

Last edited:
LordSith said:
I agree, my list would differ only by having Attakus in front of SS for star wars stuff, and SS in front of Attakus for everything else.

For now, Sideshow is even better than Attakus IMO.

Kenobi - Sideshow's looks more like Sir Alec for sure
Luke - Sideshow's looks better (by far) I know it's an early Attakus piece and Attakus ROTJ Luke should be a lot better
Han - Sideshow's looks better even though Attakus is still nice. The Attakus Han and Chewie do look good together though
Vader - I will have to wait until I get it to decide as Attakus Vader 1 is awesome. Is it worth an extra $700 more than the Sideshow version though?

That's it for now until they announce another piece. Come on Fett maquette!!! :joy

Gruson said:
For now, Sideshow is even better than Attakus IMO.

Kenobi - Sideshow's looks more like Sir Alec for sure
Luke - Sideshow's looks better (by far) I know it's an early Attakus piece and Attakus ROTJ Luke should be a lot better
Han - Sideshow's looks better even though Attakus is still nice. The Attakus Han and Chewie do look good together though
Vader - I will have to wait until I get it to decide as Attakus Vader 1 is awesome. Is it worth an extra $700 more than the Sideshow version though?

That's it for now until they announce another piece. Come on Fett maquette!!! :joy

Yes, but Attakus have many more pieces... with many more to come and IMO, nice sculpted statues looks better than fabric ones.... Luke is ok, so is Han.... But Han t-shirt looks too thick and his arms are kind of thin.... Obi is nice, but his robe dont' looks too good and Vader looks good.... Humans are not Attakus strongest point, even though it looks like it's changing from early Jedi Luke pictures.... Just like making capes and some cloth parts are not SS stronger point.... but some looks really awesome..... Both companies are awesome, and much better than GG for sure.... A Boba 1/4 Maquette would be awesome

Last edited:
This thread has veered way off topic. Please start another thread to bash Attakus as this one is being locked.

However in this new thread I would request that everyone refrain from name calling, belittling other members and generally being an ass.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back