GG FS Statues and me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruson said:
That said, I have posted pics of my collection and everyone thinks it looks great and very classy.

So, can we call you 'Classy Gru' or 'G Class' now? :banana

Yeah...your room looks like a white room or something. Gloves? Check. HazMat suit? Check. Do you let people in that room, Gru? Is there like a door to the room or is there a big glass pain acting as a wall to make it more showroom like? That would be kinda cool. Anyway...looks very good...I'm just used to more clutter! You've got too much space in that room, Gru!!!

Much better than my current setup. I have no room for anything is the prob. Stuff everywhere...dvd holder with a bunch of busts alongside another shelf with a bunch of stuff. Both those sitting on top of a desk shelf...seems sturdy enough lol) I've got the white trash display theme I think. lol

Forgot to mention that I use my bar cabinets...that have glass windows on the doors...as my GG bust collection holder. lol I guess about 3 levels per cabinet...4 busts per level...although I'm filled up so it's merging to become 6 busts per level. Nice huh? lol

Gruson said:
Again, to each their own. People collect different items and I can understand that.

That said, I have posted pics of my collection and everyone thinks it looks great and very classy.

Where is your pic Rod? Let's see how nice those GG pieces look for a comparison.

Fine, I'll post pics of my collection later, 'cause I'm at work right now.

Your collection is indeed very nice and well displayed, the only piece that I don't like is Logan (I think it's inspired by the Jim Lee's interpretation of the character, but SS could have done it better, IMO the head is too big) . I also prefer the classic statue over the mixed media stuff, but it's just a matter of taste... also, where is your lotr stuff?

I agree about Logan. He could have been better for sure. I will dump him when I need the space. :) I got him dirt cheap and would never pay retail for that piece. He is more a less a "filler" for now.

Once Sideshow and CM start shipping more pieces, the room will fill up more for sure but will still be spaced out. I hate clutter and want to keep it nice looking.

The only LOTR piece I kept was Sauron. He is on another wall in that room.

Jdonoho, what's up buddy? Been a while!
Yes, people are allowed to enter the room. haha. The room is beside my home theater and there is a door to it, sorry, no glass but yea, that would be great.

Oh, I like G-Class. j/k

One of Nine said:
The most expensive collectible is not always the best one, I will take my $150 GG vader over any of the overpriced offerings by other companies anyday. I am surprised at the direction SS is going with some of these high dollar collectibles by adding electronic features, to me a nice collectible should look like a piece of art not a toy that takes batteries or plugs in like a lamp, seems real tacky to me. Attakus stuff is nice, but is the quality of their pieces compared to other companies worth double to quadruple the price, not IMO.

No offence man, but GG is doing the same thing with their Vader - a new version (variant :rolleyes: ), chrome with light-up saber. :peace

LOTRFan said:
No offence man, but GG is doing the same thing with their Vader - a new version (variant :rolleyes: ), chrome with light-up saber. :peace

A lot of companies do variants. Sideshow is no different. Even Attakus did the Japan Exclusives of LE 200. Helps lower costs for us...theoretically anyway. GG's variants could be better though than just chrome though.

Hey Gru, yeah...I try to post every once in a while. Joined statueforum finally this week too. lol

Gru,

Of your display which statue(s) is the CM brand, I'm not familiar with that?

Did you ever consider the SS Bronze Gandalf..for high end stuff?

No my point jdonoho was that there is no sense knocking SS for "light-up features," and praising GG for not doing that, as they are incorporating this for their variant Vader. The comment about the variant was just a personal gripe. :D

Just took a few pics of my collection, I hope it's not too large.

DSC03357.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03316.jpg

...and here's where I spend most part of my time when I'm in my bedroom and of coure when my girlfriend isn't with me. :D

DSC03348.jpg

Can I play?

In the Attakus line, I've seen "in person" the Jawa, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Clone Trooper, Padme Amidala and Chewbacca. Personally, I didn't think any of them were any better or worse than the three current Gentle Giant pieces in terms of paint work/application. I don't mention the pose because that's all personal opinion and which one is better is up to the individual. I will say that to me, the Sideshow Weta LOTR pieces have more color depth.

LOTRFan said:

Hopefully once they see that no one wants to buy it they will drop the whole Chrome and light up gimmicks.

One of Nine said:
Hopefully once they see that no one wants to buy it they will drop the whole Chrome and light up gimmicks.

Personally it doesn't do anything for me. :rolleyes:

For the record, I can't stand the light up and sound features either. If I want that, I can pick up stuff from NECA and McFarlane for $40 or so.

I think it's time to move into a bigger place Rod or get rid of some items. ;)

It all makes sense now why you don't like Attakus or Sideshow 1/4 pieces. Where would you put them?!!?

j/k of course.

Last edited:
RodLonghi said:
I have seen a lot of them, I sold my Vader 1, Obi-Wan and Jango statues

Can you post a picture of your Attakus Vader one??
I know someone in Brazil that knows you, and she tells me you never had a Vader 1, so here is Rod, once again, caught in a lie! :rolleyes: :joy

PS: Upgrade that crappy TV, dude. :rolleyes:

Gruson said:
I think it's time to move into a bigger place Rod or get rid of some items. ;)

It all makes sense now why you don't like Attakus or Sideshow 1/4 pieces. Where would you put them?!!?

j/k of course.

No kidding, maybe that's why he collects only GG crap. A room like that doesn't deserve anything better. Please never put any Attakus, 1/4 SS or Cinemaquette in that room, or the Drug Lords that lives up the hills in Brazil will steal them from you! :banana :banana :banana

LordSith said:
No kidding, maybe that's why he collects only GG crap. A room like that doesn't deserve anything better. Please never put any Attakus, 1/4 SS or Cinemaquette in that room, or the Drug Lords that lives up the hills in Brazil will steal them from you! :banana :banana :banana

Rod you have a nice collection and setup :rock2 LordSith what's your malfunction dude? Where are the pics of your collection if you have that to say about someone else's?

Also get your facts straight, the majority of illegal drugs come from Mexico and Columbia, not Brazil. Only good looking chicks come from Brazil, but you wouldn't know that would you?

Go stink up another forum you turd. :censored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back