GG 300 Themistocles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very good price...never purchased from them before...are they reliable? any good?

I've ordered several statues from them with no problems, the owner is a really cool guy and visits this forum and SF regularly.... I've seen feedback from other customers and it's always been good, I've yet to see anyone complain. I used to buy all my statues from BBTS.com but I've been moving most of my orders to SpecFiction due to the better prices and great service. (not to knock BBTS, they have great services also).

Just a FYI, I notice his best prices are when something first goes up for pre-order, once he sells a certain amount of pre-orders the price starts to go up.

I've ordered several statues from them with no problems, the owner is a really cool guy and visits this forum and SF regularly.... I've seen feedback from other customers and it's always been good, I've yet to see anyone complain. I used to buy all my statues from BBTS.com but I've been moving most of my orders to SpecFiction due to the better prices and great service. (not to knock BBTS, they have great services also).

Just a FYI, I notice his best prices are when something first goes up for pre-order, once he sells a certain amount of pre-orders the price starts to go up.

Cheers mate I checked Spec out and the statue prices and shipping rates to Australia are very good. :hi5:

Statue looks great but the movie itself was disappointing. Sorry to all who liked it, only my opinion. Hopefully they'll make a Leonidas from 300. I've been really impressed with GG's 1/4 scale pieces from what I've seen

Statue looks great but the movie itself was disappointing. Sorry to all who liked it, only my opinion. Hopefully they'll make a Leonidas from 300. I've been really impressed with GG's 1/4 scale pieces from what I've seen

I really like this figure too and am sucker for gladiator ****. I really want to order this for looks alone but like you not really into the character. Although that may all change after seeing 300 Rise which I haven't seen yet. I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing Leonidas, Spartacus, Maximus, Achilles, Hercules ext..

Hell I may still buy this even if I don't like the movie or the character its just right up my alley- hard to resist. I keep checking it out and thinking in my head how I can fit it into my budget, or if I can axe any of the figures I currently have on pre-order

:exactly: Leonidas would be awesome!!

i really like this figure too and am sucker for gladiator ****. I really want to order this for looks alone but like you not really into the character. Although that may all change after seeing 300 rise which i haven't seen yet. I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing leonidas, spartacus, maximus, achilles, hercules ext..
Hell i may still buy this even if i don't like the movie or the character its just right up my alley- hard to resist. I keep checking it out and thinking in my head how i can fit it into my budget, or if i can axe any of the figures i currently have on pre-order

I WANT THEM ALL!! ALLLLL!!!!!!etc etc:hi5:

:goodpost::exactly::panic:

Well i ended up Pre-ordering this from Spec Fiction. Now the long wait begins.

Now I am thinking about the Eva comp piece but she wearing too much clothing. I know its screen accurate but she is too hot to be so covered up. Plus it was really only 1 or the other budget wise and I went with gladiator over the slightly too clothed for my taste yet hot and finely scuplted evil ***** that is Eva Green. I suffered watching starz Camelot just because she was in it. In fact she was the only thing good about that TV series. Not surprised it was **** canned by Starz after only 1 season.

Well i ended up Pre-ordering this from Spec Fiction. Now the long wait begins.

Now I am thinking about the Eva comp piece but she wearing too much clothing. I know its screen accurate but she is too hot to be so covered up. Plus it was really only 1 or the other budget wise and I went with gladiator over the slightly too clothed for my taste yet hot and finely scuplted evil ***** that is Eva Green. I suffered watching starz Camelot just because she was in it. In fact she was the only thing good about that TV series. Not surprised it was **** canned by Starz after only 1 season.

So you went with the mostly naked guy statue instead of the hot Eva Green who has clothes on... hmmm :p

So you went with the mostly naked guy statue instead of the hot Eva Green who has clothes on... hmmm :p

Well all glads look like that lol, but its moot point because I am ordering Artemisia now anyway :)
The first pictures I saw on gg website were low q and bad angles. I take back my previous comment after seeing better HQ shot from other angles of the statue. Still wish it was a tad sexier attire ala Red Sonja style haha.

Thanks Spec fiction. Now to resist that site so I do not order Black Widow.

Well all glads look like that lol, but its moot point because I am ordering Artemisia now anyway :)
The first pictures I saw on gg website were low q and bad angles. I take back my previous comment after seeing better HQ shot from other angles of the statue. Still wish it was a tad sexier attire ala Red Sonja style haha.

Thanks Spec fiction. Now to resist that site so I do not order Black Widow.

Good decision mate. They will look awesome together. Now the naked guy has a purpose to be in that pose! She has her head turned for a reason!:hi5:

GG statues don't get much love here. Which is surprising with how nice they look. Whats up with that? Both the artemisia and black widow (which look fantastic) threads arent drawing much attention either. Is it the clear base or something that people cant "stand"? Clear base plague run for cover!! Seriously though I prefer the sculpted SSC bases too but the clear doesn't bother me that much. Is there something wrong with this company i should know about? Is it something else?? lol just something I noticed and figured I'd ask.

GG statues don't get much love here. Which is surprising with how nice they look. Whats up with that? Both the artemisia and black widow (which look fantastic) threads arent drawing much attention either. Is it the clear base or something that people cant "stand"? Clear base plague run for cover!! Seriously though I prefer the sculpted SSC bases too but the clear doesn't bother me that much. Is there something wrong with this company i should know about? Is it something else?? lol just something I noticed and figured I'd ask.

I have huge luv for GG high-end stuff, I have Black Widow, Captain America, All 3 Honey Trap statues, Artemisia and Themistocles on Pre-Order... I actually prefer they're clear bases, allows the statues to blend in better together... With SS random bases it can cause a lot of clashing, like Half of their X-Men statues are on rock bases and the other half have X-Men Logo bases, makes it hard to group them up like that...

Clear bases also allow all the attention to be on the statue, not to mention they all fit with lots of room to spare in Bestas, where as Sideshow you could have a 18" tall statue but the base makes it over 26" tall so now it won't fit in your Besta display case without modifying it.

That said, I do think action poses still look better with environmental bases, but I much prefer clear bases with museum poses which all the GG statues mentioned above are.

Your also going to get some ""fan boys"" who only swear by Sideshow.... Everything else is junk in their minds..

Just my 2 cents....

Haven't really thought about it! Don't care either! :lol
I think they both look awesome and I ordered them!

I have huge luv for GG high-end stuff, I have Black Widow, Captain America, All 3 Honey Trap statues, Artemisia and Themistocles on Pre-Order... I actually prefer they're clear bases, allows the statues to blend in better together... With SS random bases it can cause a lot of clashing, like Half of their X-Men statues are on rock bases and the other half have X-Men Logo bases, makes it hard to group them up like that...

Clear bases also allow all the attention to be on the statue, not to mention they all fit with lots of room to spare in Bestas, where as Sideshow you could have a 18" tall statue but the base makes it over 26" tall so now it won't fit in your Besta display case without modifying it.

That said, I do think action poses still look better with environmental bases, but I much prefer clear bases with museum poses which all the GG statues mentioned above are.

Your also going to get some ""fan boys"" who only swear by Sideshow.... Everything else is junk in their minds..
Just my 2 cents....

If a statue or figure is nailed I don't care which company made it. If I like I buy!

Just my 2 cents....

I think you may be on to something. Only 3 people are posting in this thread and it appears most people just skip any thread with GG Statue in the title. Too bad since part of the fun of getting these statues is discussing them with people on this forum. Oh well I'll just stay privately excited for this guy until he arrives and the three of us can share our pictures when we get the statue lol. GG fan club of three!!

I think you may be on to something. Only 3 people are posting in this thread and it appears most people just skip any thread with GG Statue in the title. Too bad since part of the fun of getting these statues is discussing them with people on this forum. Oh well I'll just stay privately excited for this guy until he arrives and the three of us can share our pictures when we get the statue lol. GG fan club of three!!

lol :hi5:

I think GG stuff will be more popular once we get in hand pictures of their latest stuff, if the production pieces look as good as the prototype these statues will blow away anything SS does in this price range. Their sculpted fabric is insane looking detail wise... Can't wait to get these in hand.

Imo this proto statue looks great like the other 300 offering but I'll never be able to get over loathing the GG clear bases.

If a statue or figure is nailed I don't care which company made it. If I like I buy!

More collectors should think like this. After all, it should always be about the artistry of the individual pieces in question, not something as silly and pointless 'brand name' or company loyalty. Quality should always be key.

Still not a fan of the clear bases GG uses though...

Back