Geroge A. Romero new zombie movie: SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched all 3 runs Halloween. It's awesome. Darabont does vintage Romero better than Romero. I always thought Romero'd be king of the zombies, or at least Godfather, but after watching Survival, the ____er's become the Fredo of zombies. :(

Very good point. I was actually thinking this when i was watching the walking Dead. Walking dead has the same suspense, character development, tension and drama that the original NOTLD personified. Romeros new movies are lacking all these qualities.

going back to survival, Survival was the worst Zombie movie I have ever seen, and I have probably seen almost every zombie movie out there from the original NOTLD, return, italian zombie flicks, foreign zomboe flicks, tombs of the blind dead, independent zombie movies, night of the creeps, blah blah blah and on and on. I will go out on a limb and say I actually liked the NOTLD-3d remake much more than Survival.....But Romero did create NOTLD and I will always respect him greatly for that masterpiece despite the terrible work hes done recently.

One final note and I will probably get criticism for making this comment. I like the original Dawn almost as much as the original NOTLD, but the brief sequence of the campy scenes towards the end of Dawn like the pie fighting scenes IMHO kept dawn from being the perfect zombie hooror masterpiece it could have been. I think that one or two minutes of Dawn was a foreshadowing of Romero's later work when he abandoned all the positive qualities of what made his original trilogy and just created 2 hour campy movies.

Give us a couple hours and some beer and I bet us Freaks could come up with a better zombie movie than this. :lecture

Walking Dead is good in that it is the return of the slow moving zombie - honestly the Dawn remake with the fast zombies freaks me out to much. :)

Is Darabont only directing the Pilot, or will he direct more episodes?

I was a little disappointed with the set-up for the first episode, in that it copied 28 Days Later (yes, I know, technically not a Zombie movie) with the main character waking up in the hospital. But the rest of the scene was quite good and redeemed it for me.

For now, it has a prominent spot on my DVR.

Is Darabont only directing the Pilot, or will he direct more episodes?

Just the pilot and maybe another one or two, but he's producing so he'll have his hands in just about every episode.

I was a little disappointed with the set-up for the first episode, in that it copied 28 Days Later (yes, I know, technically not a Zombie movie) with the main character waking up in the hospital. But the rest of the scene was quite good and redeemed it for me.

Actually, that was spot-on with the comic book. Both debuted in the U.S. at roughly the same time so it's hard to tell who was first. Given Days is a plague flick though, I'd say it's irrelevant.

Just the pilot and maybe another one or two, but he's producing so he'll have his hands in just about every episode.

Actually, that was spot-on with the comic book. Both debuted in the U.S. at roughly the same time so it's hard to tell who was first. Given Days is a plague flick though, I'd say it's irrelevant.

Decent point, I forgot that Walking Dead is based on a Graphic novel or comic series. As far as relevance goes, it's debateable.

downloading survival of the dead right now.
i just finished watching diary of the dead...it was ok i suppose but was certainly nothing special.
im hoping this will be better but im not holding my breath.
walking will be next.

downloading survival of the dead right now.
i just finished watching diary of the dead...it was ok i suppose but was certainly nothing special.
im hoping this will be better but im not holding my breath.
walking will be next.

Don't waste your time. Just wait for Walking Dead. AMC is showing the entire series (to date) starting at 8pm.

Don't waste your time. Just wait for Walking Dead. AMC is showing the entire series (to date) starting at 8pm.

ive just watched the 3 episodes of walking dead(thanks mainly to your comment about it being the perfect hangover cure to surviving...so thanks for that)and youre right...i shoudlve downloaded walking first...waaaaay better.:exactly:
thanks man.

ive just watched the 3 episodes of walking dead(thanks mainly to your comment about it being the perfect hangover cure to surviving...so thanks for that)and youre right...i shoudlve downloaded walking first...waaaaay better.:exactly:
thanks man.

n/p. I absolutely hated Survival, but a weekly zombie fix done in the classic Romero style eases things a bit. Can't wait for season 1 to wrap and come out on DVD. Be like a 12+hr badass zombie movie! :lol

n/p. I absolutely hated Survival, but a weekly zombie fix done in the classic Romero style eases things a bit. Can't wait for season 1 to wrap and come out on DVD. Be like a 12+hr badass zombie movie! :lol

hell yeah, im just waiting for this to hit DVD as well man. I cant wait, yeah survival is atrocious...and isnt even a zombie movie its just poo poo.

Are you sure? I thought it had only been picked up for the first 6 episodes because AMC wasn't sure, then greenlit a whole season after they saw mere dailies of the pilot. I know they've also greenlit a season 2 as well.

I am pretty sure Season 1 is still only going to be 6 episodes. I think they just greenlit season 2 for 12 or 13 episodes but are going to keep Season 1 to just 6.

I am pretty sure Season 1 is still only going to be 6 episodes. I think they just greenlit season 2 for 12 or 13 episodes but are going to keep Season 1 to just 6.

You're right. More bad news :monkey2:
'The Walking Dead' Season Two Might Not Air Until October 2011

Posted 6 hrs ago by Josh Wigler in Image Comics, News

The Walking DeadAMC has already given the green light for a second season of "The Walking Dead" after airing the first two episodes. Indeed, the show is performing extraordinarily well, drawing 5.3 million viewers during the series premiere, going down to 4.7 million for episode two before rising up again to 5.1 million with this past Sunday's third episode.

That's the good news. Here's the bad: it's very likely that following the conclusion of this six-episode first season, fans won't see any further zombie killing for almost a year.

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that while a second season of "The Walking Dead" is a certainty, it's likely that year two wouldn't launch until next October. There are two apparent reasons for the possible decision -- with an emphasis on possible, since no official decisions regarding the show's schedule have been made just yet.

Reason number one pertains to Fearfest, AMC's annual horror movie marathon that tends to draw in significant viewers. "The Walking Dead" was the feather in Fearfest's cap this year, topping off the programming block on Halloween night. AMC could be looking for a similar placement next year in an attempt to recapture the success of the series premiere.

Additionally, the network's schedule is already quite full with original programming. "Breaking Bad" is breaking away from its traditional early spring debut to a summer start for its upcoming fourth season, with "Mad Men" airing its fifth year next summer as well. AMC also has to figure out a premiere date for "The Killing," their newest original series, and there's a strong possibility that it's developing Western pilot "Hell on Wheels" could make it to series in the next year as well.

That makes for a grand total of four shows to air throughout 2011 -- five, if you consider the possible "Hell on Wheels" -- leaving the network to fill out their schedule as carefully as possible. With all of these variables in play, it's looking likelier and likelier that "Walking Dead" won't return to feast on the airwaves until October of 2011.

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/11/16/the-walking-dead-season-2-2/

Is Sideshow giving them pointers on maintaining momentum?! :monkey1

you'd think they would just keep filming since season 1 is so short :dunno

I don't get it either. If I was the studio exec, I'd do just that and have Season 2's finale air Halloween night of '11. That way you keep up the momentum of the series and give Fearfest it's BANG! :huh

Back