Geroge A. Romero new zombie movie: SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take this show anyway I can get it. But I get your meaning on momentum killing. I'm still waiting on Southland to finally return...

I would love to hear George Romero's opinion of the Walking Dead TV show. Despite how bad Survival is Romero's original visions in NOTLD through Day of the dead was clearly the premise for Walking Dead.

I would love to hear George Romero's opinion of the Walking Dead TV show. Despite how bad Survival is Romero's original visions in NOTLD through Day of the dead was clearly the premise for Walking Dead.

He's too busy getting his weenie blown by the citizens of Toronto to give two ____s or a ____. All you gotta do is watch the extras on the Survival disc to tell the man's been brainwashed by fanboys and asskissers.

Seems like this threads been kind of turned toward the walking dead rather than survival so sorry to continue that trend but was wondering, does anyone know anywhere i can watch the walking dead online? I absolutely love the graphic novels (cant put them down) and am really interested to see what the series is like. But sadly i dont have the channel its on. :(

Seems like this threads been kind of turned toward the walking dead rather than survival so sorry to continue that trend but was wondering, does anyone know anywhere i can watch the walking dead online? I absolutely love the graphic novels (cant put them down) and am really interested to see what the series is like. But sadly i dont have the channel its on. :(

If you have On Demand, it's available there. If not, you can catch the pilot episode on https://www.amctv.com

As for the topic change, I doubt anybody minds considering Walking Dead is everything Survival should've been. :(

If you have On Demand, it's available there. If not, you can catch the pilot episode on https://www.amctv.com

As for the topic change, I doubt anybody minds considering Walking Dead is everything Survival should've been. :(

Haha, yeah, when i first saw the trailer for survival i was quite interested, hoping it would be really good. But from everything i've read on here i think i'll stay away. Far away. :lol

Thanks nam, i'll see if i can check it out on amctv.com.

EDIT: Scratch that, it wont play in the UK. Oh well, i'll search around and see what i can find.

Haha, yeah, when i first saw the trailer for survival i was quite interested, hoping it would be really good. But from everything i've read on here i think i'll stay away. Far away. :lol

It isn't *that* bad, to be honest. There are MUCH worse zombie movies out there, like Children of the Living Dead, or Zombie Doom. I recommend you check it out before forming an opinion.

It's no Walking Dead, but it has its moments.

It isn't *that* bad, to be honest. There are MUCH worse zombie movies out there, like Children of the Living Dead, or Zombie Doom. I recommend you check it out before forming an opinion.

Zombie Doom is awesome my friend. :horror

We 1000% disagree here. Being a hardcore fan of all things Romero, Survival is just as bad as Children of the Living Dead, and all of those other lame, wannabe movies. I couldn't find any salvageable moments here. The "comedy" is lame and forced. The CG looks more like a budget SyFy movie's than any practical effects Savini did (and dumbass Romero calls it "superior" in the docs on the DVD). You really don't give two ____s or a ____ about any of the live characters. The protagonist is the thieving bastard who stole from a bunch of kids in Diary and we're supposed to care all of a sudden what happens to him now?! Hell, even the disembowelment scene is lame. The zombie actors can't keep from shaking due to the cold, there are a few who're almost outright laughing, you can tell the guts they're pulling out are frozen solid and the dude getting disemboweled is screaming more like he stubbed his toe than having his entrails ripped from his still living body. I won't even get into the end where Romero himself jumps the shark he so firmly planted in the water.

All in all, it's arguably worse, given that it was actually made by the now Fredo of the zombie genre and is no less a bastardization of zombie movies than Twilight is of Vampire flicks. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Yes, Romero is terrible now. I could at least watch Land of the Dead and think that certain aspects of it weren't too bad, but Diary and Survival were both really horrendous.

Zombie Doom is awesome my friend. :horror

We 1000% disagree here. Being a hardcore fan of all things Romero, Survival is just as bad as Children of the Living Dead, and all of those other lame, wannabe movies. I couldn't find any salvageable moments here. The "comedy" is lame and forced. The CG looks more like a budget SyFy movie's than any practical effects Savini did (and dumbass Romero calls it "superior" in the docs on the DVD). You really don't give two ____s or a ____ about any of the live characters. The protagonist is the thieving bastard who stole from a bunch of kids in Diary and we're supposed to care all of a sudden what happens to him now?! Hell, even the disembowelment scene is lame. The zombie actors can't keep from shaking due to the cold, there are a few who're almost outright laughing, you can tell the guts they're pulling out are frozen solid and the dude getting disemboweled is screaming more like he stubbed his toe than having his entrails ripped from his still living body. I won't even get into the end where Romero himself jumps the shark he so firmly planted in the water.

All in all, it's arguably worse, given that it was actually made by the now Fredo of the zombie genre and is no less a bastardization of zombie movies than Twilight is of Vampire flicks. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Yes, Romero is terrible now. I could at least watch Land of the Dead and think that certain aspects of it weren't too bad, but Diary and Survival were both really horrendous.

As you can see, tastes and opinions vary. Which is why you should watch the movie yourself, and then form your own opinion.

And I stand by my statment - Zombie Doom was utter crap. :peace

I agree. I usually make a point to watch pretty much every zombie movie I come across even though I know a lot of them will be terrible. Recently, I've run across a few on Nexflix streaming that are so badly filmed and poorly acted that I cannot even finish them unfortunately.

When I saw previews of survival and the idea of an island, I thought Romero was going to pick up where dawn and day left off...survivers trying to secure an island. Instead we got a movie that I dont even consider a zombie movie.

The sad part is even if Romero trys to redeem himself with a decent movie now, he couldnt even come close to whats being done on Walking Dead.

Yeah that makes me wonder what George is thinking when he sees Walking Dead. I wonder if he really is blown away by it or if hes sitting up thinking "they didnt do this good, I could have done that better"...just makes me wonder. I do agree that Walking Dead has raised the bar as far as zombie movies then again its only a tv show.

Yeah that makes me wonder what George is thinking when he sees Walking Dead. I wonder if he really is blown away by it or if hes sitting up thinking "they didnt do this good, I could have done that better"...just makes me wonder. I do agree that Walking Dead has raised the bar as far as zombie movies then again its only a tv show.

Yup. A ____ing shame that a tv show can spank Romero like that.

just the point that people might say something along the lines as "it's not that bad" or "there are worse movies than it" means that it completely sucks compared to his original trilogy.

Anyone can make a ____ty movie especially a former great director. In my opinion, the latter is much much worse and deserves no defense.

I loved the premier of the walking dead, but it's been losing me since then...I'm not totally into but it's way more in the right direction than romeros last three movies.

Back