George Lucas: "I'm Retiring"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a cry for help? Like when people post "I'm leaving this forum FOREVER!!!!" type threads, but they never seem to actually leave?

https://www.avclub.com/articles/you...SS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=channel_film

As for the "why should I keep going if everyone keeps yelling at you" quote, maybe if everybody doesn't like what you're doing with something that's a sign that you're doing something wrong? This is entertainment after all. The whole point is to make things that people like.

He had been arguing that since they were very successful and he was happy doing them that the criticism didn't matter to him.

Who cares?

It's like a band announces is breakup. Just break up and go on your way. No annoucement needed.

I just don't want him to try and stop new Star Wars stuff from being made. It's kind of like the speculation of what would happen when he dies.

He talked about going back to his 'low budget indie' flicks while filming the prequel trilogy.
I remember his quote, "I've earned the right to fail" ...in regard to doing small non-commerical features.

That was around 2000 he said that. Fair enough George, just get off your sofa and start then.....

Star Wars is a machine, you'll still see EU books and toys no problem, The Clone Wars cartoon was blessed by him at it's beginning I don't see why it'd stop nor would the live action if it ever gets off the ground, the question is anything past that. Although the life of those two projects alone is pretty lengthy.

I'm retiring from Sideshow Freaks.

images

I just don't want him to try and stop new Star Wars stuff from being made. It's kind of like the speculation of what would happen when he dies.

I hope he does. :yess:

Other than the characters and mythology, the Star Wars movies were average anyway. All of them. Every version. :dunno

All that money, all that power and he can't doing anything about his weird turkey neck

He only thinks he is retiring. His unconsious need to tweak the original trilolgy will manifest itself in whatever he does-there is no escape.

Awesome!!!!! He ruined SW. The best film was the one he didn't direct. Time for a re-boot.

At the last count he was worth something like 3 billion dollars - he'll get over it

I love how the NY Times piece implies that a big reason why Lucas claims he's quitting is because of fanboy criticism. Is this supposed to make fanboys feel bad? If anything it will give a sense of accomplishment & empowerment. :lol

Back