Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well considering that hot toys chewbacca was and then a solid plastic Chewbacca well the furry version wins over plastic piece of crap with no articulation and no bowcaster.

The Hasbro 12 inch Chewbacca does come with a bowcaster and articulation too (arms, legs, wrists)

I have both the 12 inch Hasbro and Hot Toys Chewbacca.

Got the Hasbro 12 inch figures that I own all on clearance, would never have paid full retail for them though.

Having said all that I like having the Hasbro 12 inch ones to just muck around with while my Hot Toys versions are displayed in a glass cabinet. :)

The Hasbro 12 inch Chewbacca does come with a bowcaster and articulation too (arms, legs, wrists)

I have both the 12 inch Hasbro and Hot Toys Chewbacca.

Got the Hasbro 12 inch figures that I own all on clearance, would never have paid full retail for them though.

Having said all that I like having the Hasbro 12 inch ones to just muck around with while my Hot Toys versions are displayed in a glass cabinet. :)

I was talking about the new Chewbacca from tfa that came with nothing.

I was talking about the new Chewbacca from tfa that came with nothing.

Not sure what that one is.

The 12 inch Hasbro one is the TFA version and comes with his bowcaster.

chewie.jpg

chewie2.jpg

While I never got into this line, I've been tempted by the Tie Pilot. When I was a kid and my buddy came back from Chicago, he scored a tie pilot. I remember the envy that ran through my 9 year old bones at that time....lol. Always loved the 'black stormtrooper' had I probably referred to him at the time.

they also announced and early bird set with a DT luke!

I might be totally down for that.

San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Gentle-Giant-Ltd-Star-Wars-034.jpg

San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Gentle-Giant-Ltd-Star-Wars-036.jpg
I might be down for that as well. depending on price as I don't own any of these jumbo figures. I wish they would do some of the POTF figures like 8d8 amanaman ev-99 those would look great with the hot toys/ ss figures for jabba the hut those I would buy up in a heart beat even the max rebo band as well.

I might be down for that as well. depending on price as I don't own any of these jumbo figures. I wish they would do some of the POTF figures like 8d8 amanaman ev-99 those would look great with the hot toys/ ss figures for jabba the hut those I would buy up in a heart beat even the max rebo band as well.
It's on SALE for $230 for a limited time, then the price jumps up. Even with my $15 coupon, and the cheapest shipping option, I'd be paying $256 shipped. Not horrible if you average it out, but I have some of the individual figures already (granted, I could sell them).

So, after years of making fun of this line (out of pure ignorance, I will add), I purchased the Tie pilot. Always my fav imperial as a kid. And, I love it. The size is outrageous, but hilarious and Gentle Giant knocked it out of the park with the package and its presentation.

Since the TIe pilot, picked up a Biker Scout, and At A Driver from BBTS, and a Snowtrooper from Evilbay is coming.

Kinda wish I had picked up Fett, Vader and Stormtrooper when they first hit

So, after years of making fun of this line (out of pure ignorance, I will add), I purchased the Tie pilot. Always my fav imperial as a kid. And, I love it. The size is outrageous, but hilarious and Gentle Giant knocked it out of the park with the package and its presentation.

Since the TIe pilot, picked up a Biker Scout, and At A Driver from BBTS, and a Snowtrooper from Evilbay is coming.

Kinda wish I had picked up Fett, Vader and Stormtrooper when they first hit

Yeah, they are a lot of fun. I only have few. Just wish they'd more firmly move into the POTF figures - those would be an instant buy.

They seem to have tapered out the new figures somewhat, so hopefully a few more POTF figs can happen before the line ends.

Yeah, they are a lot of fun. I only have few. Just wish they'd more firmly move into the POTF figures - those would be an instant buy.

They seem to have tapered out the new figures somewhat, so hopefully a few more POTF figs can happen before the line ends.

Yeah, I was hoping the line was popular enough that they could do all the imperials. I'd get a gunner for sure.....

Way too expensive for me, but the wampa does look cool

It's been the problem with the line since it started - too expensive for very simple rotocast-type figures with ultra simple apps. They should have been in the under $50 range and the pricepoint for big figs like Wampa and Jabba is just nuts.

I have Yakface and the Droids Boba Feat and will probably get rid of them. I would have loved to get the Wampa and Dianoga but the prices were just too much.

A jumbo GG Amanaman would be pretty awesome.

I will say, seeing dozens of the jumbo figs all together on display is pretty awesome (at the shows, and I've seen a few collector pics.) Just wish it didn't cost $$$.

yeah I would love for them to make Amanaman. hell even squid head and the max rebo band 8D8 EV-99 would all be awesome to stand with the HT/SS stuff on display.

Back