Gentle Giant Serenity Mini-Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered 2 Mal busts last week and lucked into Razor's Edge Collectibles big holiday sale! I managed to pick up some great deals on DC Direct figure sets for insanely low prices. Also picked up a Batman Begins 7" statue for $15!

They did a great job of packing everything, and I can't endorse them enough!

The Mal bust is just amazing. Best Mal likeness on anything I've seen so far in 3 dimensions. The sculpt is great and so is the paint job. Often Gentle Giant does great sculpts, but the factory paint jobs lose the likeness. I don't find that to be the case with Mal though. Also the pistol is a great sculpt as well!

I read a review on Michael Crawford's review site and just had to get one. Check it out here: https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112807a.htm
The pics are great, but just can't do justice to the 3-D likeness captured on him.

I encourage any of you who are on the fence about this bust to pick it up. Hopefully, there will be more Serenity busts to come. My pick is to do either Inara, Zoe, or River. I'm not a huge fan of Jayne, but I'd love to see any of the girls be made as the next bust (Kaylie would be nice too).

One last comment...
I really like the idea of the bust as a half-statue rather than a torso on a pedastal (like chess pieces). Good idea!

Damn, first of all, I didn't know about this. Second, it's more than I want to spend. I am however getting the 3 pc PVC set. That's good enough for me until A, I can afford more and B, they make 12" figures.

Saw the Mal bust is only $29.99 at Razor's Edge now. Guess thats probably a good indication the line won't continue.

Back