Gentle Giant Serenity Mini-Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for all of them. Awesome news. I hope Jayne is wearing the lovely beanie his momma knitted for him :lol

Please let us know when the proto pics are up and when pre-orders will begin.

:chew

tomandshell said:
Exclusive to Razor's Edge and coming soon:

protomal.jpg

Wow:google

When I first saw the title to this thread I thought this was gonna be one of those "I'd love it if they made......" threads.

Really glad these are actually gonna happen and I'm sure GG/DST will make a fine job of them, don't know whether I'd go to the trouble of picking up the entire line but Mal and Jayne are a certainty and I will also pick up a Reever if they make one.

then i'm gettin' 2 each. one for the bust-y goodness and one to hacksaw the heads off of for my own 1/6 scale crew.

koipond said:
then i'm gettin' 2 each. one for the bust-y goodness and one to hacksaw the heads off of for my own 1/6 scale crew.

Not that I can really tell you how to spend your money, but please don't do that.

At only 1000 there really aren't enough to go around as it is. For someone to purposely destroy 1 would be a shame.

Simply take a mold of the head and cast it for use as a 1/6 doll.

Looking nice! Im not sure if i like that he doesnt have a base similar to the star wars, lotr and harry potter busts. He looks a little like a bust up without it.

Looks pretty good except it looks like a very young Mal - but I still want it!! Any idea of when this will be available to pre-order and what the price of it will be?

Also, where do you sign up to register? I can find no link for that and I checked with both Foxfire and IE.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Looks pretty good except it looks like a very young Mal - but I still want it!! Any idea of when this will be available to pre-order and what the price of it will be?

I would like to know as well. I hope we will have plenty of notice before these things go up for pre-order. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Oh man. I was tempted to get into the line but that prototype is not screaming a good likeness IMO. I kind of see it but I have to wonder what the final product will look like (it scares me a little). Decisions, decisions.

hmmm, I think I'll pass...That is REALLY painful for me to say....As I'm as excited as anyone else that these are getting made...but I just don't feel any bit of Malcom Reynolds in this piece...:(

I commend the effort though, because I know how very very hard likenesses are.

Trev

I gotta agree with ya Trev... it just doesn't feel like Mal. Its not bad, but not enough to pull me in. Especially into a format I don't collect to begin with. Maybe the in-hand shots will be more encouraging?

I must say I am extremely underwhelmed. I like the pose, but the likeness just is not there.

This one is so-so. I'm not big on the hair and could have added a little more body mass to him. Mal was thin but he seems pretty boney. I think if they would have nailed the hair a bit better he would have looked great. For their first one I'll give a 6.5 outta 10. Not that my opinion matters :lol

Back