Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice girls but the price is far away from good and bad.
Don´t know what GG is thinking of this one.

Nice girls but the price is far away from good and bad.
Don´t know what GG is thinking of this one.

They are thinking that there are at least a few hundred people in the collecting community that are foolish enough to let GG charge secondary market prices as MSRP.

And they are right.

How may people posted that the price is outrageous, but preordered because (insert justification here).

To some collectors the fact that these are double the price that they should be is irrelevant because the extra $350 really is of no concern.

These will sell out because we as a community of collectors are very easily raped. Take a look at thread after thread of people posting "ordering regardless of price"
Message was received from GG, SS and HT
We only have ourselves to blame

/steps off soapbox
:wave

Considering how much some people pay for statues like Darth Talon and Doom PF online, yes it's fully believable they will spend absurd amounts of money for things with little to no reasoning.

Considering how much some people pay for statues like Darth Talon and Doom PF online, yes it's fully believable they will spend absurd amounts of money for things with little to no reasoning.

Bingo. Just looks to me like a company finally saw what was going on with eBay and wanted some of that for themselves.

I guess I can see the SDCC exclusive Whisper variant priced at what it is but never did I expect the regular versions to be priced the same. That's what's killed the line. I just don't get that. It's a slap in the face to collectors.

They are thinking that there are at least a few hundred people in the collecting community that are foolish enough to let GG charge secondary market prices as MSRP.

And they are right.

How may people posted that the price is outrageous, but preordered because (insert justification here).

To some collectors the fact that these are double the price that they should be is irrelevant because the extra $350 really is of no concern.

These will sell out because we as a community of collectors are very easily raped. Take a look at thread after thread of people posting "ordering regardless of price"

/steps off soapbox

I guess I can see the SDCC exclusive Whisper variant priced at what it is but never did I expect the regular versions to be priced the same. That's what's killed the line. I just don't get that. It's a slap in the face to collectors.

:exactly: can't have said it better. No buy from me either.

sadly , it the bragging rights more than anything else, people will pay the asking price if they think its going to be limited,

And they are right.

/steps off soapbox

So... some collectors are sheep ready to be fleeced? :lol

^ more like a substitute for a small johnson.

...and a little of this as well.

I think 99% of the population would think all of us are nuts to spend $300 on a statue. Does that make them right?

These are worth exactly what people are willing to pay. GG doesn't owe me or you a thing.

i saw a video of the gentle giant, where the guy at the booth says, this satues has mixed materials, like real scaled down rubber goggles, steel knife and its being painted in US,ill post the video , u can judge for urself if the price is justified
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdo3y5WMim4

i saw a video of the gentle giant, where the guy at the booth says, this satues has mixed materials, like real scaled down rubber goggles, steel knife and its being painted in US,ill post the video , u can judge for urself if the price is justified

It's sad how being painted in the US is one of the most awesome things I've heard for a figure in a long time :(

I wondered how they were doing that semi-opaque look to the face and hair under the goggles. Cheating with mixed media eh?

Still, this is incredibly painted. I mean, you can tell the time on her wrist watch! I have some faith that they can pull this off in production, because in general they did a great job with the Sucker Punch girls. Those girls have detail that SS can't touch.

I've read a lot of complaints about "Chinese factory quality" ever since I joined this board, and they are pretty justified. I guess this is the price for painting in the US. I mean, if it were as cheap, everyone would do it.

I'm not purchasing these, mainly because I need to feel some kind of attachment to the subject... but I almost want to buy just one for the quality.

The wristwatch reminds me of a joke my brother once told me.

I noticed he had a really big, expensive looking diving watch a few years ago. I told him, "Hey, that's an awesome watch."

He said, "Yeah... it's good to a depth of 300 feet."
He paused.

"But I'm not."

Can't wait for in hand pics!

Back