Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if Gentle Giant plans to release these in a smaller, more affordable size?

they dropped the ball with the delayed period from when they were previewed. They are beautiful looking, but when surrounded by other recognizable franchises they've lost quite a bit of their pull.

If the other Honey Trap statues are priced the same...the line is DOA.

they dropped the ball with the delayed period from when they were previewed. They are beautiful looking, but when surrounded by other recognizable franchises they've lost quite a bit of their pull.

Agreed. The time to strike was when the fire was hot right after they premiered the line at SDCC last year.

Ideally they could've printed up some comic books to go with each girl, because aside from looking pretty, these girls lack cohesiveness if they were to be considered a 'team'.

Agreed. The time to strike was when the fire was hot right after they premiered the line at SDCC last year.

Probably not but this line has to survive the first outing before anything else

I'm thinking the girls from Sideshow probably destroyed most hype for this line after people realized they are paying something like 6-80% more for something not even as good.

true :exactly: the delay (and now the pricing) has completely cooled our interests in this line. While they still look nice and I still feel a bit bummed about the pricetag, I don't consider them wanted material anymore. Of course, if they would donate them to me, I wouldn't complain :monkey3

Yea, the price more than anything. I saw these today at the con and they do look AMAZING. but for the price of one of these, you can almost get the lady death PF AND red sonja PF, or both the mary jane comi AND the gwen stacy comi, etc.

Yea, the price more than anything. I saw these today at the con and they do look AMAZING. but for the price of one of these, you can almost get the lady death PF AND red sonja PF, or both the mary jane comi AND the gwen stacy comi, etc.

Crazy huh? The pricing of these companies destroy the hype for most people. SS has been doing the same starting with Conan PF. :gah:

Doesnt look like this line will sell well,lets pray that the WD is half this price!

After seeing the walking dead 1:4 scales, I decided to nix the honey trap line. If TWD price tag is the same as HT line Im still buying TWD line and cutting out a lot of my planned upcoming PO's. TWD is a definite must for me.

That's what happened with me.
So much great stuff announced/revealed at the Con.

The price on Whisper just sealed the deal. I'm out.

That's what happened with me.
So much great stuff announced/revealed at the Con.

The price on Whisper just sealed the deal. I'm out.

GG needs to learn thier lesson for charging a premium for a unlicense line. I hope they fail big time and then reorder these at 350.00 or less each the way it should be.

Back