Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, i'm getting just 1 or maybe 2. let me try to rationalize these choices by breaking down the concepts...

- racing suit girl.
the least sexy/interesting concept of the bunch. i'd even say boring. face n hair is a turn off.

- doggy girl
with the chest-modified civil war union uniform and that guns and that gun belt, she could be a japanese slave prostitute out for revenge in the wild west. i could see her in a tarantino film, played by, of course, who else: it already looks like lucy liu.

- roller girl
the only sci-fi element in the line. would fit right in in blade runner or some other cyberpunk sci-fi. pale, skinny, with half asleep look, she could be a junkie/an anarchist/an underground gang member turned a special youth division police. i think this the most interesting concept of the bunch.

- cammy with big gun
military chick + big gun? always cool, but... yawn. and that back double holsters is such a cliche nowadays.

- octopus girl
that just screams high adventure, doesnt it? lara croft + bond girl rolled into one.

so right off the bat, seems like you can have the most fun with octopus girl. but that roller girl is so mysterious i cant help but want to know more about her.

ok, i'm getting just 1 or maybe 2. let me try to rationalize these choices by breaking down the concepts...

- racing suit girl.
the least sexy/interesting concept of the bunch. i'd even say boring. face n hair is a turn off.

- doggy girl
with the chest-modified civil war union uniform and that guns and that gun belt, she could be a japanese slave prostitute out for revenge in the wild west. i could see her in a tarantino film, played by, of course, who else: it already looks like lucy liu.

- roller girl
the only sci-fi element in the line. would fit right in in blade
runner or some other cyberpunk sci-fi. pale, skinny, with half asleep look, she could be a junkie/an anarchist/an underground gang member turned a special youth division police. i think this the most interesting concept of the bunch.

- cammy with big gun
military chick + big gun? always cool, but... yawn. and that back double holsters is such a cliche nowadays.

- octopus girl
that just screams high adventure, doesnt it? lara croft + bond girl rolled into one.

so right off the bat, seems like you can have the most fun with octopus girl. but that roller girl is so mysterious i cant help but want to know more about her.

Wow great review. I do like lucky the best. I might get lucky and the roller blade punk one. :hi5:

I like the racecar girls outfit. But that is one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen. Shame because the outfit is hot.

Could never spend money on these since they don't really represent anything I watch or like but sexuality, basically I'd see it as paying for a handjob. :lol

Still they are very well done, particularly the diver as everyone else already seems to have pointed out. That tattoo is epic. The racer suit one is kinda lackluster though.

What makes this line pointless to me is if you *do* feel the need to get a "sexy" statue why not buy one of the zillions of girly statues that actually has respectable source material? Even the new Shaak Ti is just as sexy/sexier than this line-up and at least you can maintain the pretense that you're more of a sci-fi/Star Wars collector than outright perv.

That said if I *was* a perv then it'd be Racing Girl all the way. A real engine revver. ;)

What makes this line pointless to me is if you *do* feel the need to get a "sexy" statue why not buy one of the zillions of girly statues that actually has respectable source material? Even the new Shaak Ti is just as sexy/sexier than this line-up and at least you can maintain the pretense that you're more of a sci-fi/Star Wars collector than outright perv.

That said if I *was* a perv then it'd be Racing Girl all the way. A real engine revver. ;)

Wow :goodpost: I feel like an idiot thinking about buying one or two of these now. Thanks :lol

Since when was it somehow wrong or stupid to buy a statue or figure based on its appearance? People do it all the time and this time is no different. Buying these because you think they look sexy or cool is no different than buying some generic armor clad warrior or bald buff guy because you think he looks cool.

Since when was it somehow wrong or stupid to buy a statue or figure based on its appearance?

Nothing at all! As long as you're okay with the stigma that a statue might bring you.

Because like it or not, a statue like these says one of two things about you:

1. I'm a desperate loser and trashy statues are the closest I'll ever get to a "real" girl.

or

2. I can get a real girl but I don't have any respect for them.

Both of which are pretty conterproductive to actually attracting a gal who *looks* like she could have modeled for one of those statues. Face it, "desperation" and "disrespect" are deal breakers for a lot of ladies. So take your pick, polystone or flesh and blood. ;)

Disclaimer #1: Just because your collection might announce desperation or disrespect it doesn't mean that is TRUE. Its just something that you'll have one heck of a time explaining or compensating for.

Disclaimer #2: Yes I know there are a few cute girls who post on this very forum who DO like these kinds of statues. They are SO the exception to the rule. :lol ;)

Nothing at all! As long as you're okay with the stigma that a statue might bring you.

Because like it or not, a statue like these says one of two things about you:

1. I'm a desperate loser and trashy statues are the closest I'll ever get to a "real" girl.

or

2. I can get a real girl but I don't have any respect for them.

Both of which are pretty conterproductive to actually attracting a gal who *looks* like she could have modeled for one of those statues. Face it, "desperation" and "disrespect" are deal breakers for a lot of ladies. So take your pick, polystone or flesh and blood. ;)

Disclaimer #1: Just because your collection might announce desperation or disrespect it doesn't mean that is TRUE. Its just something that you'll have one heck of a time explaining or compensating for.

Disclaimer #2: Yes I know there are a few cute girls who post on this very forum who DO like these kinds of statues. They are SO the exception to the rule. :lol ;)

:goodpost:

IMO you are absolutely right on both points and the disclaimers. :lecture

I was going to get angry if not for that last disclaimer ^^ thanks for excluding us girls from that statement :p

Back