Statue Gentle Giant Female Stormtrooper 12" Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now using this as the new poster child for why the Star Wars EU sucks the soul right out of the franchise.

Unless it's a sexy statue like Darth Talon where most people dive head first to buy it. There is a certain level of hypocricy as people evaluate the idea for releasing this. I guess Sideshow should cancel Mara Jade too then.

Has anyone actually picked this up yet? I'd like to get some real details, including helmet images. This looks like a fun 1/6 armor to create and display.

man I wish GG would finally step up to 1/4 ... what competition SSC would get !

man I wish GG would finally step up to 1/4 ... what competition SSC would get !

I'm glad GG doesn't do 1/4 but I wish they wouldn't do 1/8 1/7 either.
With SS, PCS, F4F... focusing more and more on 1/4 it's nice to have some options out there.

You think so? GG is in my opinion not that good in comparison with SS

I agree! Not even close!!! I just got the last two things I'll ever get from GG. They are at the lower end of mediocre when compared to other companies products.

Femtrooper? Give me a break GG. They should have stopped making SW stuff years ago.

I have little interest in this as well, but GG has made some remarkable statues recently - their suckerpunch line is as good (if not better) than any recent SS offering.

I have little interest in this as well, but GG has made some remarkable statues recently - their suckerpunch line is as good (if not better) than any recent SS offering.

lol! Let's not get carried away. GG couldn't even get the scale or likeness right on those. As far as the rest like clothing, accessories, etc, GG did far better than their usual work, hence the surprise on these when they came out, but other companies do better all the time.

Now, for GG's work on SW, :slap.

You are wrong in regards to scale. They were the same size on purpose - whether that was a smart decision is another discussion.

As for likeness, they were bang on with 4 of them.

The paint apps kill anything from SS recently. And these sold for much less.

I agree the star wars stuff is hit and miss. But the recent cantina statues have all been homeruns.

For every nice thing GG makes they completely eff something up like they have with the Veers bust.

eh, I like the EU a ton and I like this piece. It's not for everybody, but I'll take it over the 324th version of Luke in the same outfit any day. To each their own. :D

GG has really gone down these past few years too. They used to have LotR maquette, Dragonkind and a faire amount of variety.

Now it's pretty much 90% busts and SW.

GG made really great statues and busts. But their fails are also spectacular, the most recent example being the Veers bust...

You are wrong in regards to scale. They were the same size on purpose - whether that was a smart decision is another discussion.

As for likeness, they were bang on with 4 of them.

The paint apps kill anything from SS recently. And these sold for much less.

I agree the star wars stuff is hit and miss. But the recent cantina statues have all been homeruns.

:slap I am sure that is what they told every one to save them from having to get that right. And, the likeness is off on all although Sweet Pea and Blondie are close. I'll give GG credit for the clothing and accessories, but they still have a long way to go in meeting the higher quality of Sideshow and other companies.

Back