Statue Gentle Giant Female Stormtrooper 12" Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I REALLY try not to comment on stuff like this but I can't help myself in this case.

If you're going to do something as absurd as this, why not at least make it sexy too?

And before anyone points out the obvious that they're trying to make her plausible... Why? We're talking about a character that doesn't exist in a fictional time defined by a space opera. :monkey1

And no, I'm not going to give Gimli breasts. That's just silly.

I REALLY try not to comment on stuff like this but I can't help myself in this case.

If you're going to do something as absurd as this, why not at least make it sexy too?

And before anyone points out the obvious that they're trying to make her plausible... Why? We're talking about a character that doesn't exist in a fictional time defined by a space opera. :monkey1

And no, I'm not going to give Gimli breasts. That's just silly.

They didn't make her sexy because she didn't appear sexy in the comic in which she is from.

I personally think this statue is dreadful. They are aiming at the trooper enthusiasts who they think will be attracted to this piece due to it being a girl. That is the only reason I can see them going for this character from the Legacy comics rather than a more visually stimulating character like Darth Krayt.

Darth Krayt? If it has to be a Sith Lord, I'd want a 12 Inch of this pal ...
417-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-E3-2009-Trailer_2.jpg

I guess I'm just old-school when it comes to Stormtroopers. I don't think they can be female, and I don't even think they should ever be shown without their helmets off.

I like the fact that she is not oversexualized, as most female sculpts are, even when it doesn't suit the characters.

I'm now using this as the new poster child for why the Star Wars EU sucks the soul right out of the franchise.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea (at GG and/or Lucasfilm)? What an embarrassment.

Back