Gentle Giant: Captain America Statue from Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's another picture

Capt007.png

If your talking about SS First Avenger Captain American statue, the portrait on that statue is worse then GG, he looks like he's 50 years old in that portrait.

I'm not trying to be a hater either. I really *want* to like GG's WS Cap because then that would be an easy excuse to pick up their awesome BW. But try as I might I just can't get over the fact that IMO they really blew the likeness.

Even though I think that GG blew it on the Cap portrait... thye hit a home run with the BW portrait! :yess:

Here's some of the Actor in the new head gear, looks pretty damn close to me, not sure what you guys are looking at..

Chris-Evans-in-Captain-America-2-The-Winter-Soldier-700x425.jpg

52d852a8436d3.jpg

If your talking about SS First Avenger Captain American statue, the portrait on that statue is worse then GG, he looks like he's 50 years old in that portrait.

Absolutely NOT true IMHO I have it and it is an AMAZING likeness....looks awesome in my opinion.

...A poor face sculpt :dunno

I think it is the paint app for the most part on this one....looks like the sculpt MIGHT be there... But it looks totally off right now that is for sure.

Last edited:
There's not much detail to the sculpt and as you said the paint looks poor...and it's a proto!

I actually think the paint is lacking detail also and those eyes :slap

Anyways, really hope you guys ordering enjoy it.

hopefully it'll surprise us in hand and look way better then it does now from those pics. if it does turn out better, i'd probably cancel my ss one to get this one just in order to match better with the gg black widow that i have for preorder.

I'm interested to see what Sideshow has in store for us (by the way, anyone else surprised we STILL haven't seen a pic yet). I love the pose and detail on this statue. The face could be a little better BUT typically from the distance I usually display them, it will work.

After seeing the in hand pics of BW I ended up POing this from bbts. While there are a few things that bug me a bit, I think it's a lot better likeness than the SS PF. Can't wait to see it!

The detail on the sculpted outfit alone should make it worth it. Black Widow may have sold a few more of these Caps for GG when all is said and done.

Cheaper through a dealer it also seems like a better value than the SS version.

It did in my case, as I was on the fence about this one. Came down to the fact that I didn't want to take a chance and miss the GG version like I did with the BW. I figure if the SS one turns out ok I can always pick it up later as the extra head sculpt isn't important to me.

The King Arts version actually looked a bit better in the pics, but not going to get it at that price point.

Back