Gentle Giant: Captain America Statue from Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hate the pose and base

Ruins it for me

Will get sideshow ws pf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea...I don't get it...to me its like a precious moments Cap face. But to each his own.

LOL! It does have a precious moments vibe with the face paint job - but at least it looks like the actor. The Sideshow sculpt is more realistic, but to me, looks nothing like the actor. Plus I also worry about the possible leaning issue which has happened on several recent pieces. So for me, as a piece to pair-up with the GG Black Widow, the GG cap works better. But as you said, to each his own.

Last edited:
Hey I don't normally post a lot on these boards, but I noticed this guy doesn't get a whole lot of attention. So I thought I'd share some of my own photos of him. Aside from the blah base, he's incredibly underrated. I had the face redone on mine to bring it to a closer likeness to Evans. I'd say the artist did a terrific job, and I recommend anyone who owns it to take some time out from displaying it, and do the same thing. It's really worth it. There's a lot of pics, so apologies in advance for that.

Not everything is about detail

The pose and facial expression is so boring plus the terrible base

I would prefer iron studios with better likeness better base and better pose

Or if u want winter soldier although sideshow portrait is not that good the pose and base more than make up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a great companion piece for GG Black Widow... Especially if you have the eyes fixed...

As for SS Winter Soldier, sorry but he has a ZERO likeness to the actor... Had this been a SS comic version then sure it looks fine, but as a movie statue it's a fail likeness wise. Other issue is it's pose, possible leaning issues down the road...

BobaNerd, I like the repaint your painter did on the face. Makes this statue much better. This may be an option if you can get this statue at a good price.

It's a great looking statue, but personally I just can't get excited about this pose. But that's what's great about this hobby, the various companies are putting out some really nice pieces that fill the various appetites of collectors. Heck everyone hated the pose on the SS Arkham Asylum batman and I love it LOL!!

Back