Gentle Giant: Captain America Statue from Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these or are these not done using GG's digital scanning tech? If they did use their tech then the sculpt is accurate to Evans and Johasnson. That would explain why the fabric looks so great.

I got the impression they are 3D printed essentially? So should be very accurate, course even the most accurate sculpt can be let down by a poor paint app, I wonder if one day they'll 3D print and computer paint, in theory that should give awesome like-ness, even if the lack of human input would suck.

I'm just bummed they don't deliver to the UK.

as far as I know.. GG is doing only digital sculpting...

With the announcement of Sideshow's Cap: WS statue I'm not sure which one I'll want. :panic:

Stay strong bro! You got your order in for the GG WS Cap. My prediction is SS will use their customary one leg up pose on a raised rock base or similar for their WS Cap PF. It'll be a full or partial fabric suit that won't include the detail we see on the Gentle Giant piece but still look good. It'll probably have a switch out unmasked head that Trevor Grove will sculpt so it will look just like Evans and possibly a switch out battle damaged and clean shield.......Wait a minute! This sounds like a piece I might want to buy!

I just sabotaged myself into the realm of indecision too. :thud:

as far as I know.. GG is doing only digital sculpting...

Which is why the sculpt on this and Scarlett looks really accurate to me, the paint app on the face needs a touch more detail but you know, you can have a totally accurate sculpt and if you make the pupils a fraction to big the whole thing looks off.

Reality
captain-america-winter-soldier.jpg%3Fw%3D597%26h%3D365%26crop%3D1

vs

1239363_582770575140515_33786864_n.jpg

Reality
captain-america-winter-soldier-13b-4jpg-e977e2_960w.jpg

vs

80392-2.JPG

I think those pics should put to rest any concerns that the sculpt on the GG piece doesn't look like Evans when wearing the head gear. It looks spot on to me.

I think if they made his eyes a bit smaller it would match the actor better but otherwise it's pretty close in my opinion.

CaptainAmerica2.jpg

Back