GENTLE GIANT BANTHA Finally!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my exclusive today. I'm pretty happy with it, actually. I took it out on the front porch to try and get some good photos. The only thing that I'm not too happy about is the fact that due to the way they positioned the tail and the extra tusken, it's hard to display it on a normal shelf like a bookshelf. You really need a deeper shelf to be able to position it well. With the shelf I have it on right now, I have a choice of having the bantha's face completely facing away from the viewer or having the extra tusken completely hidden in the back. But aside from that, I think the paint work is pretty good.

gg_bantha1.jpg

gg_bantha3.jpg

gg_bantha2.jpg

gg_bantha4.jpg

gg_bantha5.jpg

After seeing this in person, it drives home how huge a 1/6 scale version would be. I don't know if it's practical for Sideshow to make one, although I'm sure they could pull if off if they really wanted to. I'm especially not sure if I have the space to dedicate to one, since it's a relatively minor creature. I'll probably just stick with this version.

Sure it does. I just meant that the way the tail curves off to one side makes it a bit hard to display on a shelf that isn't very deep (like a bookshelf). It's a little hard to explain.

Some new pix...
I like the eye detail.
For those of you old enough to remember a line from Road House "I thought you'd be bigger."
It makes you appreciate how big the Rancor is.
IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

Well, this has finally arrived. I've forgotten how long it's been since pre-ordering it. It's really nice, goes very well with the Dewback statue.

Thanks for the heads up icruise - i knew something was up by the posts on facebook.

So i headed there and picked one up - plus half off Int shipping!!!!

Also got me a Harry Potter Gallery Statue to go with my Voldemort!

Gentle Giant Bantha and Tusken

Hi...
Just wondering if anyone here has this and whether its worth getting? Currently reduced on Play in the UK from £269 to £116...tempted!!
Any info appreciated :)

Back