Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures of Kenner’s DC Super Powers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentle Giant Jumbo Super Powers
35537362971_5621bc6ec1_z.jpg

35628157966_e0bf0be275_z.jpg

loving these big guys ,modded supes to have his cape clip sit at the sides more like the kenner one ,
and repainted one a little more comic bookish and fit a more comic book looking cape and attachment,

really happy with everything about these figures ,except the price maybe lol over £100 or $130 to get them to the uk ,so my offer to buy still stands if anyone has buyers remorse or just want to clear some space
jaks do a brilliant job at over half the price and half as big again 18inches ,but these are a dream come to life for me ,im still blown away when ever i walk into the room and see them ,the packaging is fantastic ,its like they are mounted ready for wall display like something from a modern art gallery

by which i mean a great garcia lopez art representation of a iconic dc hero ,one side and a almost perfect 3d representation of the said hero on the other ,sealed in a nicely sturdy acrylic display case that mimics the original classic packaging
and collector friendly so you can open and remove at no detriment to the packaging ,

its pretty mind blowing when you really think about it over 30 years after the toy line original debuted

i hope we see green lantern and aquaman at some point ,i guess this line is now dead or anyone know if are more coming

34847042244_10d778ac34_c.jpg

my big girl Bonnie guarding my treasures or should i say my modern art masterpieces :lol

Gentle Giant Jumbo Super Powers
35537362971_5621bc6ec1_z.jpg

35628157966_e0bf0be275_z.jpg

loving these big guys ,modded supes to have his cape clip sit at the sides more like the kenner one ,
and repainted one a little more comic bookish and fit a more comic book looking cape and attachment,

really happy with everything about these figures ,except the price maybe lol over £100 or $130 to get them to the uk ,so my offer to buy still stands if anyone has buyers remorse or just want to clear some space
jaks do a brilliant job at over half the price and half as big again 18inches ,but these are a dream come to life for me ,im still blown away when ever i walk into the room and see them ,the packaging is fantastic ,its like they are mounted ready for wall display like something from a modern art gallery

by which i mean a great garcia lopez art representation of a iconic dc hero ,one side and a almost perfect 3d representation of the said hero on the other ,sealed in a nicely sturdy acrylic display case that mimics the original classic packaging
and collector friendly so you can open and remove at no detriment to the packaging ,

its pretty mind blowing when you really think about it over 30 years after the toy line original debuted

i hope we see green lantern and aquaman at some point ,i guess this line is now dead or anyone know if are more coming

34847042244_10d778ac34_c.jpg

my big girl Bonnie guarding my treasures or should i say my modern art masterpieces :lol

You're right, the figure packaging is gorgeous. And they all have the really clean look like the original 33 back offerless cards had. Although I've never removed mine from the packaging, I really liked that they went the releasable route so you have that option. My only gripe is the lack of articulation at the knees, which I feel that for that price, they should have included. Overall though, I really like these. If I had infinite space at my disposal, I would probably get a lot more of them, as I think the Robin and Green Arrow figures also look really sharp, and I know if they get to any of the third series figures, I'll really have a hard time resisting getting some of those.

I’ve been tempted so many times but never pull the trigger. While they look cool it just feels like having them be that big causes them to loose some charm.

I’ve also heard that the Lex Luthor figure had been canceled, but who knows, maybe it will show up as a show exclusive or something, somewhere. Personally, I really like the Gentle Giant Jumbo Super Powers figures, even though they are overpriced. Super Powers is my all time favorite toy line though, so I’m biased. So far, I’ve only purchased the Flash and Batman jumbo figures, but if I had more room, I’d probably buy more of them. I would still probably buy Cyborg and maybe a couple others if they got around to making them. I have a complete set of the original Super Powers figures, still in packages though, and between that and my other collections I’m nearly out of room. As cool as the jumbo figures are, I’m struggling to find room to put them anywhere.

Anything is possible for sure. I thought if there was any hope at all to get Luthor and Penguin, it would be as Guild exclusives. Between the two, I felt pretty good about Penguin's chances since he is a Batman rogues gallery villain but nope, not even that title spares him from cancellation. Such a bummer. They are beautiful in person though. Guess the upside is despite the cost per figure, it's now officially a very small collection to get.

One other criticism of note is the two convention exclusive primer/test color figures. Gentle Giant should have sprung for full variants. Gold Suit Superman, Black Suit Superman, 89 all-black Batman or Batman in Jim Lee colors. Get the most out of their molds, build enthusiasm for the first new Super Powers figures in years and pour all of that good-will back into the line. It would have been a further level of homage to Kenner who pioneered the repaint!

Anything is possible for sure. I thought if there was any hope at all to get Luthor and Penguin, it would be as Guild exclusives. Between the two, I felt pretty good about Penguin's chances since he is a Batman rogues gallery villain but nope, not even that title spares him from cancellation. Such a bummer. They are beautiful in person though. Guess the upside is despite the cost per figure, it's now officially a very small collection to get.

One other criticism of note is the two convention exclusive primer/test color figures. Gentle Giant should have sprung for full variants. Gold Suit Superman, Black Suit Superman, 89 all-black Batman or Batman in Jim Lee colors. Get the most out of their molds, build enthusiasm for the first new Super Powers figures in years and pour all of that good-will back into the line. It would have been a further level of homage to Kenner who pioneered the repaint!

Good point. I always felt that if they got around to making Green Lantern, the Super Amigos Riddler would be a natural. There would also be some precedent for releasing Batman in the black movie colors, as Estrela the Brazilian toy company that held the Super Powers license in the 80s, briefly released a recolored Super Powers Batman in 89. It even used very similar card art to the 89 Toy Biz Batman with the gold color blister card. They were told soon after that they had to discontinue it though. That would make for another neat variant in the Jumbo line.

Picked up Superman for $50 @bbts
I ended up buying a 85 moc Superman on eBay too

Back