Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures of Kenner’s DC Super Powers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retail store mass production charges are evened out across the line.

Would you rather they bump the other figures from $81 to say $95 to even out the price?

I was only half serious. Of course not. These things are expensive enough as it is. GG found a way to make fistfulls of cash with this product idea.

Did anyone happen to notice the "S" is wrong on Gentle Giant's jumbo Super Powers Superman? Does anyone care?

wrong

2j425oy.jpg

right

sayzr7.jpg

For the money, I'd want it to be as accurate as possible. ;)

yeah i care ,and hope they correct it for mass release ,dont know much about these jumbo figures ,are there any problems with inaccuracies in the star wars line they produce ,i wanted a 1/6 scale super powers supes so bad i commissioned a guy off the mego boards to enlarge on for me in 2 sizes ,but sadly he canned it when he heard about the jumbos ,and im struggling to get him to reply to my emails or to get my payments refunded atm ,the last work in progress pictures he sent me

IMG_00121_zpsa9cdbe96.jpg~original

IMG_00131_zps81a01f0a.jpg~original

I suppose we'll find out soon enough. I'm assuming GG will have some production pieces at SDCC in July. If Superman still has that clipart version of the "S" on his chest, I'll be very disappointed. Not that I plan to spend almost $100 on it anyway. LOL! Still, it's supposed to be more of a Curt Swan style "S".

I have actually heard people complain about some of the jumbo Star Wars figures, but I can't remember if it was inaccuracies in the sculpt of the figure or if it was deco related. I mean, these things are NEVER going to be perfect. But for the money, perfection should at least be attempted by the company that makes these IMO.

Their Animated Series Kenner Batman has the wrong bat symbol too.

Yup. It's not horribly different, but I can see it bugging OCD collectors.

The yellow color being off bothers me more than the bat TBH. Ha ha.

Some of the figures had that darker yellow though, especially the first batches of Wave 1 with the 6-backs.

The mouth detail on the Gentle Giant Combat Belt Batman is practically non-existent compared to the original Kenner figure. Over-priced and lacking detail . . . I don't think I'm interested.

The Super Powers figures look pretty good.

But most of the Secret Wars figures like Capt and Daredevil look awful all Jumbo's up. The smooth bodies just don't look right with only painted details.

Yeah the Cap and DD look pretty bad. The only one I really wanted was black suited Spider-Man and he looks exactly like I expected. I like the Batman and Superman from what I'm seeing.

These look great and I can't wait to collect them all. I almost have a completed line of the original figures... missing the classic hard to find ones like Cyborg and Shazma etc.

These were my toys as a kid and huge for me. These are looking great, but they better have Knee articulation. But they have to correct that Superman logo!

san-diego-comic-con-2015-gentle-giant-019.jpg

san-diego-comic-con-2015-gentle-giant-020.jpg

Not to mention this GA is looks awesome!

gentle-giant-green-arrow-jumbo-figure-071515-001.jpg

Attachments

• gentle-giant-green-arrow-jumbo-figure-071515-001.jpg
    gentle-giant-green-arrow-jumbo-figure-071515-001.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 158
I like how they keep holding GL back ;) Probably would be the most popular aside from Batman. Especially since even then he was, imo, maybe the best SP figure.

Back