General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way this trade gets reversed. Isaiah/Kyrie would hate their old teams. Cavs trying for another #1, but won't get it. Might get something else, but not a #1.
Kyrie all ready hates Cleveland so no big deal there. Thomas back in Boston could be interesting though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Kyrie leaving could be a blessing in disguise for Cle because he was so ball dominant. Like the first time around lol, I hope Lebron stays. I still hate that KD absolutely killed the competitiveness of the league by going to GS. Imagine how much more wide open it would be if he didn't right now.

There is no competitiveness in the League. Even if KD didn't go to GS, it still most likely would have been Cavs vs GS in the Finals. Only difference is that the Cavs would have had a shot at the title. That wouldn't have made the League more competitive. It would only make the Finals more competitive. The NBA was a 2 team League that just became one when KD joined GS.

There is no competitiveness in the League. Even if KD didn't go to GS, it still most likely would have been Cavs vs GS in the Finals. Only difference is that the Cavs would have had a shot at the title. That wouldn't have made the League more competitive. It would only make the Finals more competitive. The NBA was a 2 team League that just became one when KD joined GS.

Yea, the salary caps are too high. The only way to get more balance is to penalize teams much heavier for going over the cap. But to be fair, outside of KD, GS just built from the ground up and made good decisions. CLE on the other hand...

I disagree, OKC was up on GS 3-1 and Hous has gotten better and SA would have a good chance if KD wasn't there. Bos-Cle will be a good series this year.

I disagree, OKC was up on GS 3-1 and Hous has gotten better and SA would have a good chance if KD wasn't there. Bos-Cle will be a good series this year.

KD and OKC did what they do best....choke. Why else would KD jump ship to GS if he honestly believed he could win a ring with OKC? I'm predicting Cavs vs Warriors 4 next year.

I think everyone is predicting Cavs / GS next year. Then GS / Boston after that since LeBron won't be able to beat GS when he's in LA.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KD and OKC did what they do best....choke. Why else would KD jump ship to GS if he honestly believed he could win a ring with OKC? I'm predicting Cavs vs Warriors 4 next year.

I don't think it's that he didn't think they could win, it's that he doesn't want to be the leader, he couldn't handle the pressure anymore, and he saw the easiest road to titles that there has EVER been while not taking a ridiculous pay cut. I'm sure he hated playing with Russ too. Lots of factors.

I don't think it's that he didn't think they could win, it's that he doesn't want to be the leader, he couldn't handle the pressure anymore, and he saw the easiest road to titles that there has EVER been while not taking a ridiculous pay cut. I'm sure he hated playing with Russ too. Lots of factors.

I agree. That's why he moved on and went to the most stacked team in the NBA. However, my original point is that today's NBA isn't competitive. It was a 2 team League that's now become a one team League. I know you think Boston, Houston, and SA can compete but I personally don't believe that to be true. Barring injury, we'll have yet another repeat of the last 3 Finals and GS will cruise to another title.

I agree. That's why he moved on and went to the most stacked team in the NBA. However, my original point is that today's NBA isn't competitive. It was a 2 team League that's now become a one team League. I know you think Boston, Houston, and SA can compete but I personally don't believe that to be true. Barring injury, we'll have yet another repeat of the last 3 Finals and GS will cruise to another title.

no, I meant they could compete with GS before KD got there. The West would've been much more competitive from just one player staying put. East would still be a 2 team race possibly, but as long as Lebron is healthy, I don't see anyone in the East beating his team and now he has more incentive to really go after Bos. As long as IT is healthy playoff time, Cle defn has gotten better..... on paper.

Anyone in here happen to be interested in fantasy basketball?

We have one spot open for our 10 team H2H points league on ESPN.

no, I meant they could compete with GS before KD got there. The West would've been much more competitive from just one player staying put. East would still be a 2 team race possibly, but as long as Lebron is healthy, I don't see anyone in the East beating his team and now he has more incentive to really go after Bos. As long as IT is healthy playoff time, Cle defn has gotten better..... on paper.

I definitely agree the West would be more competitive if KD didn't jump ship to GS. However, I still believe GS would've won the West and Cleveland would've won the East. Unfortunately, it's a moot point either way now. It'll be GS vs Cavs for the title next year barring injuries with GS being the obvious favorite to win it all.

Kyrie Irving on First Take right now. Talking a lot and not saying a damn thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He finally hinted that he is unable to develop into the type of point guard that he desires to be in Cleveland.

He finally hinted that he is unable to develop into the type of point guard that he desires to be in Cleveland.

Didn't watch it live but caught the clips....came across as arrogant and selfish imo....

I get the decision is his however; I work on a team just saying f ya'all I'm outta here isn't how I'd handle my personal growth. Just me not everyone is like that tho

Back