General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

He really is a *****. Next season will be tough as we can't sign anyone, just our own guys. Garnett and pierce to the nets? Interesting.

Well, at least you don't have stern saying who can and can't be traded to the lakers anymore..lol...I mean if that did not scream biased and craziness then what does...

Dwight reported as little chance of resigning..

heres what he said about LA fans

"They are the most unappreciative group of people ever" he then went on to call them ungrateful.

heres what I have to say... GTFO diva

[ame]https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA[/ame]

Not sure you can win with Howard as anything more than the third option on offense. Can't hit free throws, no low post game, no perimeter shot. He's not even a true 7 footer. I think when they did the press conference with Kupchak, that Howard looked about 6'9.

Rumors are Garnett and Pierce are going to the Nets for first rounders, Wallace, Humphuries and basically leftover parts. That would be an interesting mix there, Deron Williams, MarShon Brooks, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson running with Pierce and Garnett.

Apparently this kid Oladipo is turning heads in the draft, lots of chatter about him lately. Bill Simmons calls his floor as a supercharged Tony Allen.

Be interesting what OKC does in this draft. They have a ton of assets still, and two first rounders and desperately need a true center/low post threat.

Can you imagine how interesting the NBA off season would be with a league full of non guaranteed contracts? Imagine what a guy like Rich Cho could do with a blank slate every year and imagine if Kupchak had to work for All Stars instead of literally having them thrown at his franchise like bugs hitting a windshield.

NBA GM has to be one of the most tedious jobs in sports. Can you imagine trying to make a ball hogging shot jacking chucker like Kobe Bryant happy? The way he wore a suit and tried to be a psuedo coach while the Lakers had Mike Brown, all because he was pissed because the Lakers didn't consult him on the Brown hire, was pretty crappy. Here's a guy who was blessed to have a father who played in the NBA, got to be raised in Europe, away from the kind of warzone most young black NBA players have to endure, have both parents together, rare for anyone, esp in the black community, got to play with a HOF big man in Shaq and a HOF coach in Jackson and play for the signature franchise in the NBA his whole career, and he always looks pissed, ungrateful and spiteful. I love the game, but watching Bryant chuck game after game is grating. Too bad Grant Hill couldn't stay healthy, then Stern could have let Bryant rot in Colorado and be done with him.

I would have to disagree that Kobe is always pissed or unhappy. I think he IS grateful for what has lead him to this point. If he weren't, I think he would have just been a passive player earning millions and not really care about winning titles...sort of like melo. Instead, he's 17 years in and working his *** off to stay in shape cuz he loves the game. And I think you mistake him being passionate and focused while he's on the court(even as an injured spectator), with being upset or unhappy. You have seen him in shots after winning titles correct? he looks pretty damn happy to me. He celebrates when there's something to be celebrated...I don't see anything wrong with that. yes, he is kind of a chucker...i don't deny that but dude has 5 titles and is one of the best in the game and in history. like him or not, i don't think he's unhappy or ungrateful about what has gotten him to this point.

I kind of like the Jayhawk (I hate KU) player is falling. :lol Though, he's a nice enough player I wouldn't mind seeing him in Chicago.

wow, the Nets should be the 2nd best team in the East now, on paper anyways. With a healthy Rose, the top teams are really good. A starting line up of recent all stars...Williams, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, and Lopez. Going for the 3 peat is gonna be even harder, Nets will have a good 1-2 year run in them. I'm gonna lmao if Howard leaves cause the Kings might actually have a better roster than LA next year.

Yeah, the Nets got really good for a year or two. I will be curious to see how Kidd does as a coach.

New season, new thread. Mods please don't combine into other thread, thats just dead weight. Combining w. past seasons is dumb, and no I wont delete it.

577120_10152190854460341_1816475853_n.jpg

Just to top it off.. Im offended Pau is ranked 15 while griffen is 14. They must value jumping high over being good at every aspect of the game.. And D Rose at 5 over Kobe at 6 (maybe 6th ring)?... Umm yea,, ooooooookay.. fragile guy has seen his best days. He's about as delicate as a rose.. Sorry Josh..

BODIE

Never checked out this section of Sideshow freaks and this opening post caught my eye. I'll play with your "clever" pun and say this: Age is the Black Mamba's "achilles heel."

Dunno, the Nets' move looks good on paper, but as Josh pointed out, Jason Kidd (future Hall of Famer he is) is unproven as a coach.

Also, who's going to play on their second unit? Nets / Knicks rivalry will be fun to watch, though. Kevin Garnett and Melo love each other.

Looks like Boston is going all in for the lottery... Bet the win it next year and get Andrew Wiggins...

Not sure you can win with Howard as anything more than the third option on offense. Can't hit free throws, no low post game, no perimeter shot. He's not even a true 7 footer. I think when they did the press conference with Kupchak, that Howard looked about 6'9.

Rumors are Garnett and Pierce are going to the Nets for first rounders, Wallace, Humphuries and basically leftover parts. That would be an interesting mix there, Deron Williams, MarShon Brooks, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson running with Pierce and Garnett.

Apparently this kid Oladipo is turning heads in the draft, lots of chatter about him lately. Bill Simmons calls his floor as a supercharged Tony Allen.

Be interesting what OKC does in this draft. They have a ton of assets still, and two first rounders and desperately need a true center/low post threat.

Can you imagine how interesting the NBA off season would be with a league full of non guaranteed contracts? Imagine what a guy like Rich Cho could do with a blank slate every year and imagine if Kupchak had to work for All Stars instead of literally having them thrown at his franchise like bugs hitting a windshield.

NBA GM has to be one of the most tedious jobs in sports. Can you imagine trying to make a ball hogging shot jacking chucker like Kobe Bryant happy? The way he wore a suit and tried to be a psuedo coach while the Lakers had Mike Brown, all because he was pissed because the Lakers didn't consult him on the Brown hire, was pretty crappy. Here's a guy who was blessed to have a father who played in the NBA, got to be raised in Europe, away from the kind of warzone most young black NBA players have to endure, have both parents together, rare for anyone, esp in the black community, got to play with a HOF big man in Shaq and a HOF coach in Jackson and play for the signature franchise in the NBA his whole career, and he always looks pissed, ungrateful and spiteful. I love the game, but watching Bryant chuck game after game is grating. Too bad Grant Hill couldn't stay healthy, then Stern could have let Bryant rot in Colorado and be done with him.

im not even a kobe fan but your lack of knowledge shows. typical hater.

In three or four years look out for the Sixers! They're going to be so bad this up coming season though.

History dictates that older teams do better than younger teams when it comes to deep playoff runs...so they actually got...... GOOD

Back