General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Heat have to go thru Indiana, bulls and nets. No cake walk if healthy.

Most likely two of those teams beat up and eliminate each other before meeting up with the Heat.

As for Meathook, you only need to read his posts to see he's well informed (hard to find someone who types longer posts than me, but he's one :lol). I don't necessarily agree with all his posts, but he does a good job of presenting them.

So Lakers fans, wanna bring back Bynum to replace Howard (I know Kupchak is still optimistic, but still...)?

No thanks on Bynum. Besides, we're so far over the cap we can only resign our own players or offer the one year mle worth what around 2 mill? Not much wiggle room this off season for us. But the Lakers surprise u sometimes. Protecting 2014s blank slate is priority.

What's mind-boggling is that of the four principal players involved in last year's blockbuster trade (Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Andre Iguodala, and Aaron Aflalo) it looks like only one will remain with the team theat traded for him, Iguodala with Denver (of course, this is based on the assumption that Howard doesn't re-sign with LA and Aflalo gets traded for Eric Bledsoe).

Saw that..pretty funny. I can't stand Bill Simmons, he an arrogant prick who has always had it in for SA ever since his precious Celtics missed out on Duncan.

Now he's throwing a pity party because Doc has decided he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuilding team like almost every great coach has ever done (looking at you Phil Jackson) but all of a sudden it's an issue.

Doc is right, Bill is an idiot.

Just watched dream team documentary again.. Man is it good.. Best part is Stockton getting out and walking through the crowd and people not noticing him. Then having him video taping it and asking people about the dream team while his kid is pointing out its him on his shirt. All the other players were like i can't believe he can just get off the bus. Lol

I can understand not wanting to get your butt kicked everynight when the team is rebuilding. However, he signed a contract and should stick to that. That's the whole point of contracts and if Doc was weasling his way out he should catch some heat. Especially if he's changing his story so often. His kid needs to shut his mouth and realize his dad is in a profession where he's gonna catch some heat, and he should worry about bouncing back from one of the worst rookie seasons ever.

Do you guys think Ainge and Boston wanted to pay rivers 7million a year to coach a rebuilder? It just seems like they are making this about rivers.

Bill Simmons, the Boston Globe, Boston Herald, WEEI, and most Celtics fans wanted Doc Rivers fired by '06-'07. Doc did well, once the Celtics had elite talent, but I'm still not sold on him being an elite coach.

if the LAC don't make the Finals in the next couple of years, we will have the answer about his coaching skills. He had better talent with Bos when they won it all than he has now, but he has more than enough talent on the roster to get that far.

I'm happy with the moves Ainge made. Sure it would have been nice if Pierce and Garnett could have retired as Celtics, but they can't carry a team at this point in their careers and this team wouldn't have the talent to compete next year. I have no problem with them tanking it next season and rolling the dice on (hopefully) getting one of the top two picks in next year's draft. It was time to rebuild with or without them, might as well unload them while they still have value.

word has it that laker management hasn't allowed d'antoni to fill his vacant coaching staff. interesting.

The only thing I would read into that is they may want him to hire more guys that can coach a system that isn't dantoni's style. There is no way Dantoni is gonna get the boot next season. They are already paying Brown and Dantoni. Getting another coach would mean paying for 3 coaches which is just ridiculous. Either way, we're gonna lose Dwight and next year is just gonna be a throwaway.

The only thing I would read into that is they may want him to hire more guys that can coach a system that isn't dantoni's style. There is no way Dantoni is gonna get the boot next season. They are already paying Brown and Dantoni. Getting another coach would mean paying for 3 coaches which is just ridiculous. Either way, we're gonna lose Dwight and next year is just gonna be a throwaway.

Actually Lakers only owe brown 100k now since hes coaching Cleveland. So canning him wouldn't be as awful as advertised.

A lot of teams are going to be tanking this upcoming season because the 2014 draft class is suppose to be one of the best in years so maybe the Lakers should just bite the bullet and suck for year...

A lot of teams are going to be tanking this upcoming season because the 2014 draft class is suppose to be one of the best in years so maybe the Lakers should just bite the bullet and suck for year...

This! At least get a good young rookie because I know of at least 1 (or 3) free agents that aren't going to LA

Knicks to acquire Bargnani. REALLY?! God, I'd hate to be a knicks fan. They just make bad move after bad move.

Back