General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Be nice if Paul got it.

I personally think Paul is the MVP, Clippers are really nothing without him. Point of MVP is who makes his team better, not just has monster stats. Paul clearly makes the Clippers a true contender as opposed to how they looked when he wasn't playing.

Spurs proved the other night that they don't need Parker to win, Heat still has 2 other All Stars (so even though LBJ is putting up impressive numbers I don't think the Heat would sputter without him for a stretch) and Durant is a scoring machine but defense needs work - as a little one dimensional. Just my opinion though.

There is no chance in hell Duncan and Splitter are gonna even bother Lebron at the rim.

https://youtu.be/r0GiPPR_pG8

First, Spurs had Duncan and Oberto bothering LeBron plenty in the 2007 Finals. Remember? When he was swept?
Second, anyone can cherry pick a video in an effort to prove their point.

Maybe Spurs should find a way to acquire Jordan Crawford since LeBron won't bother Crawford at the rim after getting posterized by a HIGH SCHOOLER no less. Is there any bigger humiliation than this? lmao

[ame]https://youtu.be/8sL3KDhhUZ0[/ame]

Parker is playing just as good, if not better but his team has a better record, no chance of Paul getting it...It's gonna go to Lebron though.

Parker deserves it BY FAR but the media is too busy sucking off LeBron to even notice anyone else...

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:slap

Every hear of a guy named Tim Duncan? He averages 3 blocks a game and the spurs have been playing great defense all year since Splitter is actually playing really good.

I wouldn't even bother arguing with azoopred, he has clearly shown his lack of nba acumen over the years. I think he bases his opinions on watching Sportscenter top 10 plays..this after bouncing from team to team over the years.

Last edited:

The biggest problems with Lakers, in no particular order, is

Kobe is a cancer this year-no one wants to shed blood for him

D'Antoni sucks. His system sucks, his leadership sucks. Everything about his sucks. He was a loser on PHX, He was a loser in NY. Does have a great 'stache though I will give him that.

Dwight Howard is a p***y. He plays the hurt card too much and had no championship drive. Lo and behold, we actually found someone more apathetic and flaccid than Bynum.

The spotlight was much different. Going to a big market exposes your weaknesses much more...

LOLOLOL Love this.

LeBron James Playing Flawless Basketball In Pathetic Bid For Nation's Approval
SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEF • Sports • NBA Basketball • ISSUE 49•07 • Feb 12, 2013

MIAMI—Shooting 56 percent from the field so far this season and completing an astounding 49 of his last 65 shots, LeBron James has recently taken his game to another level in a transparent and paltry attempt to win widespread admiration, sources confirmed Tuesday. “In typical fashion, LeBron is shamelessly trying to get everyone to like him,” said ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, who mentioned that it was “pitiful” to see James pulling publicity stunts such as improving his rebounding skills and shooting more consistently than any basketball player in history. “It’s sad enough to see him scoring points at will, but when he’s also locking down on defense, making all his teammates look better, and generally improving every facet of his game, it just looks desperate.” Smith added that at least James had toned back his pathetic antics since last season, when the 9-time all star “practically begged” for praise by winning an NBA championship.

Lakers aint making it to the playoffs this year. If they do, they'll be knocked off in the first round. Right now, if they can stay healthy, my prediction is Clippers in the finals against the heat. Chauncey is back and will make a big difference in terms of leadership on and off the court. His clutch and veteran play will take the clippers far into the playoffs. Probably one of the most underrated players in this league.

I've seen that play, it was the series when Lebron's team got swept. You're crazy if you think that Duncan can't bother lebron in the paint. here is my video to prove my point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3A9buo77DI

yea, and that was 6 years ago, that's not the point. Night and day difference in improvement with Lebron, and night and day difference between that Duncan and old *** Duncan of now.

First, Spurs had Duncan and Oberto bothering LeBron plenty in the 2007 Finals. Remember? When he was swept?
Second, anyone can cherry pick a video in an effort to prove their point.

Maybe Spurs should find a way to acquire Jordan Crawford since LeBron won't bother Crawford at the rim after getting posterized by a HIGH SCHOOLER no less. Is there any bigger humiliation than this? lmao

https://youtu.be/8sL3KDhhUZ0

Parker deserves it BY FAR but the media is too busy sucking off LeBron to even notice anyone else...

I wouldn't even bother arguing with azoopred, he has clearly shown his lack of nba acumen over the years. I think he bases his opinions on watching Sportscenter top 10 plays..this after bouncing from team to team over the years.

ooooh azoopred, your so crafty. Please....we would be here all day getting into all the crap you've been so wrong about with your so called NBA knowledge on just the Heat and Lebron alone. The reason nobody wants to argue with you is cause they don't want to lose anymore brain cells. That's why you live in this thread everyday.

yea, and that was 6 years ago, that's not the point. Night and day difference in improvement with Lebron, and night and day difference between that Duncan and old *** Duncan of now.

ooooh azoopred, your so crafty. Please....we would be here all day getting into all the crap you've been so wrong about with your so called NBA knowledge on just the Heat and Lebron alone. The reason nobody wants to argue with you is cause they don't want to lose anymore brain cells. That's why you live in this thread everyday.

Duncan's playing better now then he has in the last 5 years, but because he's old he should negate that. Good logic!

That's zoop pred for ya, a real idiot savant when it comes to the nba.

Except for the savant part.

Last edited:

The greatest has spoken:

"Five beats one every time I look at it," Jordan told the league network of how he ultimately broke down the James-Bryant debate. "And not that (James) won't get five. He may get more than that, but five is bigger than one."

Apparently Lebron is not too happy with that comment :)

"(Jordan) said he would take Kobe over me because ... five rings are better than one, and the last time he checked, five is better than one," James said. "At the end of the day, rings don't always define someone's career. If that's the case, then I'd sit up here and say I would take (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I wouldn't do that."

Also this is interesting

The NBA’s greatest player and six-time champion turns 50 on Sunday. In a feature written by Wright Thompson for ESPN The Magazine Jordan touches on several topics, including: Which current NBA players could be nearly as successful in his era?

“I’ll give you a hint,” Jordan said. “I can only come up with four.”

His list? LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Nowitzki.

Of course Dirk is a fan of Kobe and he respects Duncan too.

So as a shot artist, what other shots do you admire around the league? I’m not talking about something as general as Ray Allen’s jumper. I’m talking specific shots.

I'm such a dork, still. This is my 15th year and I still sit, when my wife's asleep, I sit there and watch League Pass. I do it from sometimes 9 p.m. till 12:30 a.m., until the West Coast games are over. I was always a huge fan of Kobe. Obviously, he's now on the declining end, like most of us older guys, but the stuff he does … They are never out of a game. When I get home, at like 11 p.m., I know the fourth quarter will just be starting in L.A., and I'll sit down and watch him basically will his team to win with some incredible shots.

So you don’t buy the idea that Kobe and other stars are playing hero ball there at the end of games? That they are taking really bad shots with two or three guys guarding them?

Yeah, sometimes it's a thin line. You need a mixture [of plays] to find the open guy, but some nights you just gotta take the team home.

Kobe’s footwork in the post is obviously legendary.

Oh yeah. The athleticism, the balance in the air, the lefty shots. He made a 3 on us one year in the corner. The shot clock was winding down, and he had to spin around and just shoot it lefty. To me, he's the no. 1 player over the 15 years I've been in this league.

No. 1 over Tim Duncan?

Duncan to me is obviously so solid, but to watch him play …

Oh, you mean, just in terms of style.

Yeah. Duncan is probably the best power forward ever to play this game.

You don’t feel like you have a place in that discussion?

Oh, no, no. I'm not. He's got four rings.

Duncan's playing better now then he has in the last 5 years, but because he's old he should negate that. Good logic!

Just cause his stats are still descent doesn't mean squat. How many titles has he won since then? Old man Duncan can't get it done like he used to, get over it already.

The word is "decent" you illiterate doofus and talk to us when LeBron wins half the titles Duncan has. LeBron has no idea what "getting it done" means without coattailing a dream team.

Just cause his stats are still descent doesn't mean squat. How many titles has he won since then? Old man Duncan can't get it done like he used to, get over it already.

they are a little better then Decent, I have nothing to get over because he's playing great, I'm actually shocked because if you told me three years ago he'd be playing like this I'd be surprised. I'm sure you watched many Spurs games this year (Sarcasm btw!) but I've watched everything single one and trust me Duncan is playing great and it means squat.

Back