General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

No draft pick for the Lakers. 2013 goes to Phoenix, and is NOT lottery protected, should the Lakers happen to fall into teh lottery.

The 2015 pick the Suns will receive from the Lakers is top 5 protected.

No draft pick for the Lakers. 2013 goes to Phoenix, and is NOT lottery protected, should the Lakers happen to fall into teh lottery.

The 2015 pick the Suns will receive from the Lakers is top 5 protected.

OUCH. Nash and Howard were worth it though...er .... wait....

Suns also get the Lakers' 2014 second round pick (NBA rules prohibit the trading of first round picks in consecutive years). They somehow also get Denver's 2013 second round pick as well.

Lakers will make the playoffs, ticket sales will be announced soon...the team should start lining up at the box office now...

we're making the playoffs.. we really let that one slip away.. hope Dwight isn't hurt bad. if he finishes that game its another win. beasley would not have taken the ball to the hole like that over and over in the end. played 3 nice quarters wish we could redo that last one.

oh wow, just saw PHO came back. I thought it was way over half way through the 4th and turned it off. Ha! It is quite ironic that they are so bad and won't have any draft picks. Have fun building around the best center in the world I guess.

Why would he fake it?

I was so dissapointed with the loss last night :monkey2

He would fake an injury for the same reason he didn't play hard for the Magic down the stretch and the same way LeQuitter took it easy in the playoffs his last year in Cleveland.

Maybe he doesn't want to be in LA, hates his teammates and doesn't buy into what their doing.

I don't know. Just seems pretty punkass to grab a new body part every other week.

He would fake an injury for the same reason he didn't play hard for the Magic down the stretch and the same way LeQuitter took it easy in the playoffs his last year in Cleveland.

Maybe he doesn't want to be in LA, hates his teammates and doesn't buy into what their doing.

I don't know. Just seems pretty punkass to grab a new body part every other week.

If his body can't stay healthy, or he's faking his injuries, it will be towards his own detriment. This will only taint his marketability in the eyes of other owners and teams. Also, if he keeps re-aggravating old injuries, the Lakers may not want him back next year. Or if he decides he wants to leave, let him go. I don't think teams want injury-prone players. Just ask Portland. Maybe it was a good thing for the Lakers to have only a 1 year contract with Howard.

Last edited:

all great examples, couldn't agree more, Classic Dwight Coward if you ask me

Kobe Bryant: I could’ve been the best point guard ever

Reporter: Is this is as enjoyable, what you're doing now, where scoring is second?

Yeah, because you're seeing everybody else gain confidence from it, play well off of it — first and foremost, that's really what I enjoy. And then, secondly, because most of you guys thought I couldn't do it. So that's pretty fun.

Is this something that you could grow perhaps to love as much as scoring?

I can do it, man — I'm like Neo out this mother[expletive]. Yeah, I enjoy doing it. Like, when I prepare for each game, I look strategically at where the defense is going to be coming from, how to put guys in the right place to be successful. Y'know, my idol was Magic [Johnson] growing up, man, and I just so happened to not grow to 6'9". After that, once I realized I wouldn't be 6'9", man, that was the end of that dream.

If you had really wanted it, how good a point guard do you think you could've ended up being?

What, you think I'm gonna sit here and say I wasn't gonna be the best? [My strengths would've been] exactly what you're seeing tonight, man. That's what it would've been. When I focus in on something, I become obsessed about it, and I want to be perfect at it. That's just my personality. So if I was to be a point guard, I'd just obsess over it and wouldn't stop until I get it absolutely right.

Is it what you're obsessed about now?

"Can't you tell?"

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-...MEdGVzdANHcmFuZHNsYW1fT25fSW50ZXJuYWw-;_ylv=3

Saying Dwight is faking torn labrum in his shoulder is dumb. I suppose he faked the back surgery as well. Before that he's been an ironman. Dumb hater talk. I like how you guys never took up or for that matter even acknowledged ironlungs or my wager on the Lakers making the playoffs. Ironnlungs in particular, he laid it out. You talk out your butt and your breath stinks.

Saying Dwight is faking torn labrum in his shoulder is dumb. I suppose he faked the back surgery as well. Before that he's been an ironman. Dumb hater talk. I like how you guys never took up or for that matter even acknowledged ironlungs or my wager on the Lakers making the playoffs. Ironnlungs in particular, he laid it out. You talk out your butt and your breath stinks.

:panic:

Whatever. I already acknowledge multiple times since the start of the season I will believe the Lakers make the playoffs until the day they are actually eliminated. Even then I still may not believe it.

As for Howard. The guy is either a faker or a the biggest ***** in the league. You'll be saying that in 5 months too. :lecture

And just in case some think I have pull back my offer. It's still on the table for anyone who wants about of that bet.

That's damn near a $300 bet that I have on the table.

Just like my dad use to say..."you can have any parts of that $300 on the table just step up!":impatient:

Back