General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

yea, cause they were LUCKY. Pure luck in getting a great combination of HOF players and coaches. Very few organizations have been that lucky. It just so happens you root for one of them, so it's easy for you to talk crap about great players leaving bad teams.

Yes and Cleveland had good management and attracted quality FA too. They didn't exactly get star players like the Dwight Howard, Deron Williams or Dwayne Wades of the world but make no mistake he had good players around him including a few all-stars iirc

yea, cause they were LUCKY. Pure luck in getting a great combination of HOF players and coaches. Very few organizations have been that lucky. It just so happens you root for one of them, so it's easy for you to talk crap about great players leaving bad teams.

Ah so it was "luck" lmao...so what you're saying is LeBron winning isn't lucky? But Duncan and MJ won because they were lucky? GTFO too funny! smdh

I guess every NBA champion that has ever won, won because of pure luck...LeBron is the only star who won through work? :lol

Yes and Cleveland had good management and attracted quality FA too. They didn't exactly get star players like the Dwight Howard, Deron Williams or Dwayne Wades of the world but make no mistake he had good players around him including a few all-stars iirc

a few all stars? Who, freakin Mo williams and old *** Shaq? You call those good players. I forgot your the same guy who said last year Miami has a bunch of scrub bench players, so your knowledge of quality players is extremely questionable.

Ah so it was "luck" lmao...so what you're saying is LeBron winning isn't lucky? But Duncan and MJ won because they were lucky? GTFO too funny! smdh

I guess every NBA champion that has ever won, won because of pure luck...LeBron is the only star who won through work? :lol

Luck is getting guys like Parker and Ginobili in the draft who nobody expected to become as great as they were in their title years. Winning in sports takes a lot of luck in one way another, I never said Lebron was never lucky.

Like who?

You guys are just Lebron haters

Who the **** wants to live in Cleveland when you could play in Miami with your friends and still make millions

reality check for you guys who think you would pick Cleveland over Miami, please

a few all stars? Who, freakin Mo williams and old *** Shaq? You call those good players. I forgot your the same guy who said last year Miami has a bunch of scrub bench players, so your knowledge of quality players is extremely questionable.

Well, I know you just became a LBJ fan all of 2 years ago but yes Mo Williams, Shaq, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Carlos Boozer, Drew Gooden, Shannon Brown, Anderson Varejao, Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson. That's a pretty decent cast of guys Cavs were surrounding LBJ with.

And yes I still contend that the Heat bench was not that good. When you have starters such as Bosh, Wade and LBJ they can make any scrub's stats inflated. If they were so good, tell me what they did before Miami's big 3? No one ever heard of those scrubs :lol

Luck is getting guys like Parker and Ginobili in the draft who nobody expected to become as great as they were in their title years. Winning in sports takes a lot of luck in one way another, I never said Lebron was never lucky.

Now I know you're being ridiculous. So it had nothing to do with the Spurs being pioneers in scouting Euro players, they just got "lucky" because the guys they drafted turned out good?

So I guess every sleeper player that has ever turned out better than expected and has helped lead their team to a championship was lucky. So I guess the Pistons from the 1980's (except Isiah), the Celtics from the 1980's (except Bird), the Bulls from the 1990's (except MJ), the Lakers from the 2000's (except Shaq), the Spurs (except Duncan)...I can go on...all these teams were LUCKY because all these teams had stars that were never considered prospects when they were drafted. I'm talking about Joe Dumars Rodman, Laimbeer, Dennis Johnson, Cedric Maxwell, McHale, Parish, Pippen, Manu, Parker, Robert Horry, Kenny Smith...etc.

So by default, according to your "luck theory" that literately leaves LeBron as the only star who has ever won without luck. You are too funny. Well you showed me, you certainly know your stuff :lol:rotfl

Yes, Shaq....the same hall of famer Dwayne Wade was able to win a championship with a year or 2 earlier :slap

Yes, Shaq....the same hall of famer Dwayne Wade was able to win a championship with a year or 2 earlier :slap

Shaq and Lebron didnt have Alonzo Morning coming off the bench recorded 5 blocks in one game of the finals did they?

man, that's BS and you know it. Nobody could get good players to play in CLE. It's inevitable Kyrie will leave at some point, nobody wants to play for that crappy org. Saying he didn't honor in regards to player transactions? Last time I checked, it wasn't his job to get good players around him. Look how much easier it is for him to get good players to come play for his team in Miami.

Dude, LeBron and Wade boasted together how they worked this deal to get them all together and ****. To come back with "its not his job" is hypocrisy at its finest when he made it his job in MIA.

LeBron never had the cast in CLE that any of the greats did. He didn't even have as good of teammates as Dallas did when they won or the Chauncy Pistons. Easily the worst supporting cast for a finals team in recent memory, but thats what would have cemented his legacy the favorite son of Cleveland if he would have got them or any team in CLE over the hump. Instead he chickens out and takes the easier road. When he leaves MIA they'll forget him as quickly as they forgot Dontrelle Willis and Brad Penny. Its a ****hole sports town and always will be.

Its one thing to luck out with good teammates that put you over the hump like David Robinson did because of Tim Duncan or John Elway did when they finally got Terrell Davis. Its another to work behind the scenes with your buddy and pull the strings. He got his ring. Doesn't mean we need to honor his "sacrifice" as if dropping $1m a year when you make $50m is a big deal.

I don't even know what you mean by that but the conspiracy theorist thing is pretty damn old at this point, what makes it more annoying is I'm 100% correct. My friend who isn't a Spurs fan in the least watched the game I'm talking about and he even said, wow the Spurs got screwed what was going on with the refs? The spurs got screwed that game, it's a fact, tons of bad calls, maybe Stern didn't tell them to do it, maybe the refs just sucked that night, I'll never know, but either way it was BS. Hopfully this is the last time I have to explain this and until one of you ignorant laker fans actually want to see what I'm talking abut shut the hell up. k thanks.

show me proof

Here I'll tell you what, whoever doesn't think LeBron had much of a supporting cast, without knowing the teams or players which supporting cast looks best to you?

Team 1:
FG% Pts Rebs Asts
.442 15.8 3.0 1.0
.485 15.8 7.7 1.1
.566 12.0 6.7 0.3

Team 2:
FG% Pts Rebs Asts
.464 15.5 2.6 5.3
.435 11.8 3.6 2.3
.459 10.4 6.4 1.6

Team 3:
FG% Pts Rebs Asts
.400 14.9 3.8 3.7
.485 11.9 7.7 1.6
.473 11.1 8.5 1.1

At least he'll have a lot of money on his books. Can't go around killing people and not have to pay society for your horrendous crime.

Sucks! But you did the crime you do all the time.

Back