General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i haven't been on since before the season started and there has been only 2 pages to catch up on? This thread kind of died. Even with the Lakers sucking (and the Spurs underwhelming) this has been a pretty interesting season to watch; there should be more talking in here...

You forgot the wicked witch of the East is dead too, thanks to the Spurs, so that eliminated the amount of bandwagon Heat fans substantially. Barring the news of Bosh, I do wonder if LeOpt-out regrets his decision to leave Miami now. With Bosh (hopefully) returning next season, plus Wade, Whiteside (beast!) and now Dragic, they have a pretty damn fine nucleus to compete in the East.

It isn't a sure thing he's out for the season til they get in there and repair it. It could be a minor thing.

G'day Y'All,

Wasn't sure where to post this. But I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums these days. Anyway I'm a commercial artist from Melbourne, Australia and NBA fan. I'm know for doing sports mascot portraits. I redesign them to make them more realistic and more like a the spiritual mascot of the playing group.

Here is my series (so far) of NBA mascots. Previously, I'd done a lot of Australian based sports and teams. I'm only 8 teams in to the NBA ones. I'd love to know what you all think:

Memphis Grizzlies

griz_the_mighty_bear_from_memphis_by_grange_wallis-d84b323.jpg

Orlando Magic

stuff_the_magically_dragon_from_orlando_by_grange_wallis-d84b3cr.jpg

Boston Celtics

lucky_the_celtic_leprechaun_of_boston_by_grange_wallis-d84b3xe.jpg

New Orleans Pelicans

pierre_the_fierce_pelican_of_new_orleans_by_grange_wallis-d84b3li.jpg

OKC Thunder

rumble_the_thunder_bison_of_oklahoma__by_grange_wallis-d84b2rm.jpg

Golden State Warriors
I feel like I should explain this one a little. As the team doesn't currently have a mascot, so I wanted to revisit the team's Native American Warrior roots. But I wanted to celebrate the beauty and iconic look of a proud Native American Warrior, whilst delivering my own take on the concept. I understand that the use of sensationalised Native American culture in American sport is an issue, so I want to stress that I hope this is taken as a respectful tribute to the true Native American Warrior spirit.

golden_state_warriors_by_grange_wallis-d8dugcd.jpg

Toronto Raptors

the_unforgiving_raptor_from_toronto__by_grange_wallis-d8fla7s.jpg

Atlanta Hawks

the_mighty_hawk_of_atlanta_by_grange_wallis-d8jfjs9.jpg

More coming soon! You can see more of my art on Facebook: Update Your Browser | Facebook

Last edited:
G'day Y'All,

Wasn't sure where to post this. But I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums these days. Anyway I'm a commercial artist from Melbourne, Australia and NBA fan. I'm know for doing sports mascot portraits. I redesign them to make them more realistic and more like a the spiritual mascot of the playing group.

Here is my series (so far) of NBA mascots. Previously, I'd done a lot of Australian based sports and teams. I'm only 8 teams in to the NBA ones. I'd love to know what you all think:
Very interesting, and very well done!

G'day Y'All,

More coming soon! You can see more of my art on Facebook: Update Your Browser | Facebook

Amazing work, very talented. NBA should hire you! :clap:clap:clap

PS I look forward to your Spurs mascot...you could use father time with a loooong beard :lol

Former New York Knick Anthony Mason passed away at 48

Being a Knick fan and following that team so closely, this sad news rip big mase

Back