General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about Rose? He sprained both ankles. That ain't fun to play with and especially so with what he's dealt with. He appears on his way to playing quite solid again. That works just fine by me. Team is 6-2 and looking good.

I don't have huge issues with Rose per say but I think his PR guy needs to talk to him about how to talk to the media and/or the public. He's getting paid millions to play and win championships and he's talking about being sore after he retires?!? I mean, come on, what athlete ISN'T hurting after playing a long career in ANY SPORT? If he is legitimately hurt and taking time off, that's fine but the impression he gives when he talks about it is just not the sign of a guy who is willing to lay it all out on the line for his team. It's the sign of a guy who just cares about what happens off the court when he retires...if he keeps that up and never wins a title, he's gonna be done pretty quick.

I don't give it much thought to be honest. I think he gives his all when he plays but the fact he thinks about what life will be like when he's done is human.

I don't give it much thought to be honest. I think he gives his all when he plays but the fact he thinks about what life will be like when he's done is human.

yea, I don't have a problem with the fact that he thinks about that stuff...who wouldnt? My issue is just how he conveys himself to the media and the public. There's nothing wrong with him taking care of himself and making sure he has quality of life after basketball. It's just when you give your fans the impression that that's more important than what you're doing for the team even though you are making millions of dollars, it doesn't really sit well IMO. I have appreciated how Kobe is always willing to go out there no matter how injured we think he is because it just shows his commitment. That's not to say he doesn't take care of himself or think about his future after basketball. I just think he knows how to discuss those matter with the media so that fans don't get the wrong idea and he stays healthy enough. Anyway, it's too early in Rose's career to say anything definitive. Hopefully he will just get healthy, play well, and all of this won't matter...

Rose tweaks a hammy...jesus. If he's really ailing from sprained ankles, just don't play...he needs to stop this coming back early and injuring something completely new every time:lol

Guess everyone's waiting for the playoffs before commenting in this thread... :)

But Rajon Rondo to Dallas is pretty big...not sure it's enough to make them contenders, though.

I'm happy he's finally gone. I was sick of hearing about building the team around Rondo. By the time the Celtics are actual contenders again he would have been gone anyway. I hope Ainge isn't finished and moves more pieces like Jeff Green.

They were a contender without him. It's between them and the Spurs to win it all IMO . Might depend on who has home court, but the mavs gave up jack squat to get him ala gasol to la. The Kings missed their chance at rondo again smh. Nobody in the east will be worth mentioning come playoff time.

Back