General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston is really underrated (in terms of being considered a championship contender) and is scary good...but I think they're at least a year away. Daryl Morey is a fantastic GM, with his use of analytics. The more I watch Chandler Parsons, the more I like his game. He can drive, shoot, handle the ball, assist...and has the length to bother Lebron defensively. Patrick Beverly has been a pleasant surprise, but I wonder how much more dynamic the Houston offense would be had they decided to keep Goran Dragic instead of signing Jeremy Lin...Dragic can flat out play.

I don't think they're a threat at all. They won't beat OKC , LAC, or SA in a 7 game series, not to mention, they would prolly be the road team against any of those teams.

No Heat fans want to see the Spurs but, we all know who would win that. My main hint would be a 5th title would be added to one of the teams...

Houston is really underrated (in terms of being considered a championship contender) and is scary good...but I think they're at least a year away. Daryl Morey is a fantastic GM, with his use of analytics. The more I watch Chandler Parsons, the more I like his game. He can drive, shoot, handle the ball, assist...and has the length to bother Lebron defensively. Patrick Beverly has been a pleasant surprise, but I wonder how much more dynamic the Houston offense would be had they decided to keep Goran Dragic instead of signing Jeremy Lin...Dragic can flat out play.

They'll need to learn how to play defense first. Howard knocked Lakers all last year about lack of defense and yet he's on a team that is exactly the same. Won't get far in the playoffs not playing defense.

I don't think they're a threat at all. They won't beat OKC , LAC, or SA in a 7 game series, not to mention, they would prolly be the road team against any of those teams.

They'll need to learn how to play defense first. Howard knocked Lakers all last year about lack of defense and yet he's on a team that is exactly the same. Won't get far in the playoffs not playing defense.

Hence me saying they're a year away. San Antonio, the Clippers, and OKC are obviously the big dogs in the West, but if you had to pick a dark horse candidate from seeds 4 to 8, it would have to be Houston, and not because they're the fourth seed.

Back